2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

upload_2017-10-31_7-24-38.png

This is a little confusing because nowhere does it say anything about free primitive camping. And under rules it mentions free primitive camping but nothing about generators being allowed in that area.

Hershey, shoot me a picture of your camp packet that shows you paid for three days, I can't find where they charged anybody for 3 nights around the 10pm range on Friday. If we blatantly took an extra $30 (which goes to fairgrounds) why didn't you bring this up at track? Just send me a picture text 740-701-3675, I'll gladly refund your money. Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, that stuff went went into the trash Monday after the race when we cleaned out the RV.

O
Ok. once we receive thi

So you don't have a problem with $30.00 or $35.00 per class next year for either promoter to offset the cost
offset the cost of what? That membership means zero, nothing I don't need an awards banquet.

Besides. Your gonna up each class the price of one membership? I like AMA and will continue to send them money even though I am a life member.

Screw race Ohio.

#growingthesport !

How is..... "The members who race week in and week out thank you for your donation toward the banquet. Thanks for keeping the dream alive for local racers!"..... growing the sport? He is thanking people for paying for a membership they dont use or want to support the racers who chase points and go to the banquet. If the extra money went to giving first time racers a free entry then Id agree with your statement.

Alright, I have to share my experience with sign up. First of all, I did preregister and did struggle with that because I kept putting in the dash and that was not working. So, after I left the dash out it went through. They told me not to put the dash in but I thought it had to be in, but I was wrong. So, that situation was all on me even though a better set up would be that it works with the dash since that is how it reads on the card. Either way no big deal, it finally worked.
So, on to preregistration, Saturday morning. I told Jonathan that we aren't going out for the first practice because I figured it would be muddy and he would have enough practices throughout the day. I read everything as far as how to do get set up for the practices, races, and transponders. It was clear to me what to do but for some reason, I went straight to the pre-registration line instead of the transponder line. So, the girl was very nice and told me that I have to go get our transponders first (which of course a light bulb went on and I then remembered) and that she would start to get my paperwork ready, which she did. I went over to the transponder line like 1 or 2 people ahead of me, got my transponder within 10 minutes, I used a credit card, and headed back over to the pre-registration line. I think there was one person ahead of me. She had my paperwork filled out and I only had to sign my documents, etc.. Again, she was very friendly and helpful and I went on my way. Yep, not long at all. Yes, I know I didn't go down during the busy times but I have experienced the long lines at other Chillitown races. That's not a put-down but a reality in my experience at any large race. My point is I think Chillitown has always done a good if not a great job in most if not all the things they do to put on this event. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into an event like this and truly believe they bust their ass to pull it off. So, thank you Chillitown for putting this event on and I will stand in line at your track or any track if we could have full gates like this all the time.
Is there room for improvement, probably and I think you will address these issues as you always seem to make the necessary corrections, why because you guys do listen to your customers. The one thing I have seen work at other tracks is to have a person or two, who is out in the areas where everyone is standing in line making sure each person is in the "correct line" with the items they need (like their kid, wristband, membership cards, money, transponder, etc.). Also, I do think that maybe a little more information on each sign, like line #1, #2... or if you have preregistered line #1, #2...kind of a walk you through by numbers, but a person directing traffic would be the biggest help. The PA is nice but it just becomes background noise plus its hard to ask a PA a question.
I do like the idea of cutting out a full day of practice on Saturday. Just do like every other track does and do a race practice and then get on with the racing. Also, I think it would be cool to have 3 races instead of 2 but maybe that would only cause more headaches.
As far as pit riding the only way to fix it is to not allow it. Yes, that could hurt not having the pit bike revenue but it really isn't necessary. Chillitown is a great place to ride bicycles or walk.
I don't know what was going on with the practice sessions but it did seem like a free for all. I saw numerous people riding in other classes. I even heard from a dad that my son was part of the mayhem and I had no idea. So that probably needs to be tightened up.
But again, Thanks Chillitown for a great event that we always look forward to and are willing to drive 3 hours for!!!!

Last edited:
The race Ohio memberships slowed the lines down quite a bit. I finally passed out the application forms to folks in line so they would be ready at the window..

The sign up girls busted their butts all weekend. No lack of effort there.

A little tweak and it will be good. On the right path.

Pit vehicle. I have a mule. I drive slow. I use it to go to the gas station , carry tools and people to the line...........I like it and I follow the rules, why should I be punished. Multiple bikes and classes and I have to feed the kid, cook and wrench.

Well we surely don’t do the banquet for old bastards like you guys!! I think honestly I will stop doing OMA period, the day I got to look all those kids in the eye and tell them sorry no banquet this year because a bunch of whiney old geezers didn’t want to help support it with a once per year $25 donation. Shame shame shame. I think this board is hitting an all time low. Again thanks to those who do sign up, and don’t complain. Btw the Oma is an official 501c4 this year. So now you can complain about that too!

Those poor children. How are we ever going to explain ur selfishness to kids riding $5000 50cc motorcycles, brought to the races in $75,000 rv’s???
Oh yeah, send them to me. I will break the news to them.
Come on man... “the kids”... what’s next? National security?
If people want a banquet, great. Have them pay for it. Not everyone.

I think one of the things that hurts numbers is required membership for out of state riders and pro class riders. If out of state riders want to accumulate points then they can purchase a membership if they want but it shouldn't be required. I field more complaints from pro riders than any other class because they couldn't care less about points. They want a paycheck not a banquet.

I am not a fan of the banquet idea. I think a nice award for top five finishers and a goodie bag of swag given out at the last race of the series is plenty. I think it is absurd to spend money on a banquet hall, food and high dollar door prizes. Use that money for good causes and put it back into the events throughout the year by way of holeshot awards and or other giveaways if you are going to do anything.

I also think it's important to post financials for these sanctioning bodies. Where does the money go? How much is coming in? How many members are there? These are all bits of information that helps people feel good about where there membership money is going. I have defended the OMA as much or more than anyone just fielding comments and concerns for Chillitown but it's getting harder and harder. The "you get that money back in race gas buck from rocky Mountain ATV" line is growing old amongst riders and what happens if they discontinue that program... Then what?

Now that the off season debates are full swing I think it's time we revisit all these subjects. After all, the mission of the OMA was to make Ohio MX better. Which brings me to another question... Aside from the Battle series that has grown into a great state championship what has the OMA done to improve Ohio MX that is different from the way it was before with D11, D12, CRA, etc? What about Race Ohio? What's their mission? Is it just a points keeping system to get you swag? What's the goal?

I'd like to state that I am in no way attacking OMA and Race Ohio but using them as an example to to make a point about sanctioning organizations. I think deep down we want to believe that an organization pulls numbers because people want that year end prize but what data do we have to support that? Or are we just giving awards and championships to our loyal members for showing up every weekend and keeping the lights on?

Sorry for the long winded reply again but I'm sitting in a hotel and bored so this is what you get. Ha!

Those poor children. How are we ever going to explain ur selfishness to kids riding $5000 50cc motorcycles, brought to the races in $75,000 rv’s???
Oh yeah, send them to me. I will break the news to them.
Come on man... “the kids”... what’s next? National security?
If people want a banquet, great. Have them pay for it. Not everyone.

National security??? Think Global security, Mr. Nasa State graduate.......

Seriously though, a large number of kids look forward to the banquet. My daughter included.

Next year we will downgrade our banquet to a local veteran gathering hall, do it pot luck, hand out wood plaques and wind breaker jackets, just like its 1985!

National security??? Think Global security, Mr. Nasa State graduate.......

Seriously though, a large number of kids look forward to the banquet. My daughter included.

Next year we will downgrade our banquet to a local veteran gathering hall, do it pot luck, hand out wood plaques and wind breaker jackets, just like its 1985!

Dude I love wind breakers... make sure it’s 90’s vintage style

I know my boy loved the banquet last year and a few of our buddies that made it this year are super excited to go after telling them our experience last year.

Back