2017 CTMX Halloween Moto Mayhem Oct 21-22

I’m 47. Fat. Bad back and numb foot with no pit vehicle. Parked about as fas away from the starting line as possible. Still never missed a moto. I have no idea why everyone feels the need for a motorized pit machine??? Walk or bring a bicycle. It’s free, easy and does not annoy or endanger others. Good lord this should not be an issue.

No pa speaker where I parked. Nope. Still did not miss a moto. It’s on the radio for people in the pits. Can’t hear it when your next to the track because of all the bikes, so no need for it.
This is odd for me. I had a great time last weekend. Don’t know why so many have their panties in a bunch.

I've always enjoyed CTMX, and it is the easiest drive for me to any track. Few races ago, I complained about pre-registrations, they fixed it and was much better the following race.

Last race I attended they did some questionable watering for the second time before a vet moto. I addressed Jeremy about it, along with a couple other Vets, and I think he got the message and will not do it before a vet moto again.

I've been to a majority of all the CTMX races, only missed a couple. Their events are just getting VERY big, and a lot going on. Jeremy for the most part addresses issues and listens. That is what I always liked about JO (yeah, he bitches about it, but he listens to the complaints), Jason and Jeremy. That is why the Battle Series is an awesome series anymore. But...Malvern and BC seem to get me in and out quicker. At Malvern, I was one of the last to leave the track (around 4pm), and was home before I usually get home from CTMX (a 50 minute drive). JO at his last race the 2nd moto was exiting the track at 9:32am when I looked at my phone.

CTMX races are huge. Just my opinion, but ditch all the practice. If you want to hold Friday practice, ok, but most people are not taking off work for a practice day. Charge me $35 for the first class, and discount additional classes to $25. On Saturday morning run two 3 lap sessions of practice. First one will probably be muddy and gives everyone a quick 2nd 3 lap session with better conditions. Then go straight into racing on Saturday. Have a cut off time when your going to stop predetermined. So people will know if they will probably race another moto or not. On Saturday morning run a 1 lap sight lap for any that wish to have one, and go racing again. This will allow for more time to prep, and keep conditions good, without making it a mud hole. Leaves more time for the track workers. Still gives everyone some practice, and the main objective, the racing. We came to race in good racing conditions, not practice. Hopefully the extra $10 for the first class makes up some lost revenue from cutting out the Saturday practice.

Just my thoughts. Not sure when every little johnny thought that every race on the schedule needed to have a full practice day with it.

I like everything Johnny said except the extra $10. Same product for the RACE, same price. I’m not paying extra for a practice that did not happen, nor that I want.
Stop and think about what we are talking about... So many racers that we can’t get done in time... what an INCREDIBLE problem to have. Who would have thought that 5 years ago.
This race really has become something that deserves more than just the normal program. 3 moto’s over the two days, then yeah I would pay the extra 10

How do gncc process 2500 entries?
They have it broken down by session, ex.: Session A signs up from 8am-noon, Session B from noon-4pm, so people are registering all day while bikes/quads are on the track, they also offer pre-reg. They have a HUGE staff tho that travels the entire series.....

No one is forcing you to buy a hook up. We have free primitive camping (generators are allowed in this area) you can take advantage of if you like and that will save you $30 a night. I'm not sure how you ended up spending $90 on camping when the gates didn't open until Friday at noon so the most you should have spent was $60 if you stayed both nights.

We appreciate all comments not just the positive ones but I will not sit back and let people make claims that are not entirely true or exaggerate a situation just because they are trying to drive home a point. I get it, you had a bad experience at registration but I'm not going to let your opinion spoil the overall vibe of the weekend. I encourage you to pull up a chair in the registration trailer at the next event a see for yourself what we are up against and I bet you change your views on things.

It is so easy to armchair quarterback events but until you know all aspects its not as easy as one would think. Kim and I was in the registration trailer Friday night until after midnight getting pre-registration packets together and processing all the entries that signed up earlier that evening. I left a little before 1am and Kim was still going. Registration was scheduled to close at 7pm Friday evening and Kim kept it open until after 8pm.

I know you feel like I am placing all the blame on the "paying customers" but all I am trying to do is shine a little more light on the situation. Until you have put in as much time and effort putting an event like CTMX does only to have people get on here and make claims that aren't entirely true you won't be able to see where we are coming from. There is a difference between constructive criticism and stirring the pot and we have been doing this long enough to know the difference. I stated once before that there were things that we should have done better and that we have made notes for changes for next year.

I love a good debate as much as the next guy but don't just toss out statements without knowing what you are talking about. I like comparing apples to apples.

Well they told me at the gate I had to pay for 3 days, I said it was 10 pm friday, she said that didnt matter. Paid 90 for camping fee and another 80 in gate entry fees. Better have a talk with the gate people. I dont lie about what happens just to " drive a point home", I just tell it like it is. The registration sucked.... period. I didnt say the girls in the trailer didnt do their job right, I didnt say everyone involved didnt work hard either. I fully understand the work it takes to pull that off, it was simply under staffed for the amount of riders and the time window allowed to sign up. You have 771 entries possible for signing up for practice that starts at 8am ( unless you listen to the announcer who said 9am ) sat and give them a few hours friday and then 2 hours on sat am. Thats 300 mins to sign up all those practice riders before it starts. Even if only 300 riders sign up thats one minute per rider.... 4 windows thats 4 mins per rider.... no way thats happening. And we both know more than 300 people were in practice. Not to mention the bone heads who show up at the last minute to sign up. You cant fix that so you have to plan for it. And if you and Kim were there so late thats again only because its under staffed, an extra person helping cuts the time by 1/3. Nothing I have said is anything more than constructive, no exaggerations, no lies.

That tells me that 145 didn't have OMA, and 239 didn't have Race Ohio. Some needed both, some needed one or the other.......nothing more nothing less, Sir.

145 and 239 that came from each and were forced to pay for a points banquet they have no intention of gaining any more points for other than this one race. One day, the "Its only $5" is going to finally break the camels back. I Know it already has for many.

Well they told me at the gate I had to pay for 3 days, I said it was 10 pm friday, she said that didnt matter. Paid 90 for camping fee and another 80 in gate entry fees. Better have a talk with the gate people. I dont lie about what happens just to " drive a point home", I just tell it like it is. The registration sucked.... period. I didnt say the girls in the trailer didnt do their job right, I didnt say everyone involved didnt work hard either. I fully understand the work it takes to pull that off, it was simply under staffed for the amount of riders and the time window allowed to sign up. You have 771 entries possible for signing up for practice that starts at 8am ( unless you listen to the announcer who said 9am ) sat and give them a few hours friday and then 2 hours on sat am. Thats 300 mins to sign up all those practice riders before it starts. Even if only 300 riders sign up thats one minute per rider.... 4 windows thats 4 mins per rider.... no way thats happening. And we both know more than 300 people were in practice. Not to mention the bone heads who show up at the last minute to sign up. You cant fix that so you have to plan for it. And if you and Kim were there so late thats again only because its under staffed, an extra person helping cuts the time by 1/3. Nothing I have said is anything more than constructive, no exaggerations, no lies.

145 and 239 that came from each and were forced to pay for a points banquet they have no intention of gaining any more points for other than this one race. One day, the "Its only $5" is going to finally break the camels back. I Know it already has for many.
Hershey, shoot me a picture of your camp packet that shows you paid for three days, I can't find where they charged anybody for 3 nights around the 10pm range on Friday. If we blatantly took an extra $30 (which goes to fairgrounds) why didn't you bring this up at track? Just send me a picture text 740-701-3675, I'll gladly refund your money. Jeremy

The members who race week in and week out thank you for your donation toward the banquet. Thanks for keeping the dream alive for local racers!

We were very aware of the PA issue. The fairgrounds upgraded to fiber optics and we were scrambling last minute to get upgrades to our system so we could connect. Obviously they failed at getting it patched in and will be addressed before next year.

As for the announcing of windows at registration, we had Derek talking about the process numerous times when lines were long but I think people were just tuning him out.

As for race ohio membership for quads... If anyone knows of someone who was forced to buy one please have them contact us and we will refund their money. It's possible one of the girls got confused.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So we didnt need to purchase the Race Ohio memberships like everyone was saying?

Back