The moto hot stove is heating up quickly.

The discussion was whether or not the series was serious enough to move my round to labor day, that was another idea shot down. Muddy Creek has a Southeast Youth Regional on that weekend, how perfect for them, lol. Other than that I don't see a lot of other Mx events conflicting with memorial day weekend.

Maybe not MX events, but alot of family vacations. Oh well

Allow the members to have a voice outside of pitracer. Give the promoters within the organization the chance to vote on what's best for changes and such. Don't preach what is fair or not when clearly you are not a man of reason.

I got black listed years ago for saying this exact same thing. JO has been salty ever since. What type of "organization" is it without input from members and more importantly promoters? I love the Battle series and the tracks of the OMA, but the OMA hasnt fulfilled its potential because of this right here.

Sounds like a case of being too big for the britches and leaving mama bears place. Will this be like an 18 year old who ends up coming back home after moving out? Could. Ultimately, the OMA organization helped and supported ctmx into what it has become. Bit that feeding hand right off

In most cases I would agree.... CTMX is the pinnacle track of the OMA though. I wouldnt say the track is the best by any stretch but they are light years ahead of anyone else in the state when it comes to promoting a race. They truly make their races "events" worth attending.

Like everything in life, this is a learning experience.....hopefully. Heres to a better 2018 for racing!

So i have had my staff on fact finding / top secret stuff gathering missions for the past 72 hours and they have reported back...
Chilitown, East Fork, Buckeye Hills with the triple crown... BIG contingency from nearly EVERY manufacturer....

Spy's reporting back with possibly NO membership (other than AMA) required. WHAT ? i thought you had to have a "membership charge"

Longer moto's so you get more bang for the buck...

OK so maybe that last one was just me saying that.

Heads up. The Triple Crown IS coming

More details to come, video at 11

So i have had my staff on fact finding / top secret stuff gathering missions for the past 72 hours and they have reported back...
Chilitown, East Fork, Buckeye Hills with the triple crown... BIG contingency from nearly EVERY manufacturer....

Spy's reporting back with possibly NO membership (other than AMA) required. WHAT ? i thought you had to have a "membership charge"

Old news.

New for 2018 in the OMA No transponder rentals needed, a $25 savings right there! I believe that’s the same price as an OMA membership, so we are saving everyone money already. Triple Crown? Sounds familiar. Good thing I saved some ideas back for this year.

More reports filtering in...
At least two events will be Pro-Am.

Track changes and facility upgrades at EVERY Buckeye track.

SEVERAL other tracks asking to be included.

2018 Schedule expected by mid Jan.

Current tracks not involved in the Triple Crown will also have "special" events... Stay tuned (The tea leaves where not clear on this)

Something about a "National Event" ????

An out of state track possibly included in the series.

The AMA has decided to focus on local motocross and actually HELP the riders and sanctioned tracks.

OK, again, maybe that last one was just a personal request.

More reports filtering in...
At least two events will be Pro-Am.

Track changes and facility upgrades at EVERY Buckeye track.

SEVERAL other tracks asking to be included.

2018 Schedule expected by mid Jan.

Current tracks not involved in the Triple Crown will also have "special" events... Stay tuned (The tea leaves where not clear on this)

Something about a "National Event" ????

An out of state track possibly included in the series.

The AMA has decided to focus on local motocross and actually HELP the riders and sanctioned tracks.

OK, again, maybe that last one was just a personal request.
Wishing the majority was factual...

Wow. Miss a day....miss alot. I better pay attention. I don't think CTMX leaving the battle series helps them or the OMA.

A new triple crown series? Closer to home? Sounds interesting.

And bring back the Districts?

Stepping back into the Way-Back machine to the mid 1970's, I seem to remember the districts were originally created
to be points keeping entities. Not race or race-series promoters, although they attempted to
coordinate race dates between the local tracks. Originally run by local motorcycle dealers and
enthusiasts, then later by promoters where self-interests may have muddied that scheduling process.
D-11 (possibly every district) had a process in place to move riders up through the A/B/C classes.
In theory, reducing sandbagging. Today the results would need to be block chained!

The Halloween race at CTMX had its issues, as any race does, but I think they deserve credit for attempting
the dual registration race. It could have fallen flat on its face but it didn't. The event showed that the combination
created a larger event than individually. In my class (+50) we might have somewhere between 10-13 or so racers,
they had 19. Sure that's not a full gate but its a large percentage increase. There were a couple classes that
ran qualifiers. Something rarely seen at local races.

So it goes back to my post about combining all these race series. Originally posted as a joke about the combined
name, but the thought of consolidation does hold merit. Different factions in our sport won't benefit anyone.
Especially when the OMA & RO start running races on top of each other. It sure would be great if the 2 groups
could get together and bake a cake! I'd bet both the riders and promoters would benefit.

Last edited:
Cx1 wins ..He is the biggest Dick on here no question about that hands down winner ..No competition in this category hand out the award.Nobody can touch him.He wins the Triple crown before it even starts ! Troll king,Pot stirring champ! All this and Moto is Still DEAD!!!

And bring back the Districts?

Stepping back into the Way-Back machine to the mid 1970's, I seem to remember the districts were originally created
to be points keeping entities. Not race or race-series promoters, although they attempted to
coordinate race dates between the local tracks. Originally run by local motorcycle dealers and
enthusiasts, then later by promoters where self-interests may have muddied that scheduling process.
D-11 (possibly every district) had a process in place to move riders up through the A/B/C classes.
In theory, reducing sandbagging. Today the results would need to be block chained!

The Halloween race at CTMX had its issues, as any race does, but I think they deserve credit for attempting
the dual registration race. It could have fallen flat on its face but it didn't. The event showed that the combination
created a larger event than individually. In my class (+50) we might have somewhere between 10-13 or so racers,
they had 19. Sure that's not a full gate but its a large percentage increase. There were a couple classes that
ran qualifiers. Something rarely seen at local races.

So it goes back to my post about combining all these race series. Originally posted as a joke about the combined
name, but the thought of consolidation does hold merit. Different factions in our sport won't benefit anyone.
Especially when the OMA & RO start running races on top of each other. It sure would be great if the 2 groups
could get together and bake a cake! I'd bet both the riders and promoters would benefit.

I feel like we are a step in the right direction from Districts, a lot of the motivation for OMA came from Districts or CRA issues. We focus on motocross, we don't have a disciplines (flat track, hare scrambles, hill climb) influencing decisions on motocross, which could have been the case in many instances within districts.

Last year we sent Scott (RO) our schedule, and they built their schedule from it. In my talks with Scott in the last month or 2, I got the impression that was the plan. I can tell you that we have shown respect to them in regards to Chillitown's dates in our current rough draft schedule, we realize that Chillitown is limited on date selection due to the fairboard, we don't currently have any races on Chillitown races. So i do feel like we both can work with each other as much as humanly possible. However, everyone needs to realize there are only so many calendar days in a race season, plus we aren't the only events (Mx Sports-WNYA-Red Bud) competing for rider entries. So it has become a daunting task.

Cx1 wins ..He is the biggest Dick on here no question about that hands down winner ..No competition in this category hand out the award.Nobody can touch him.He wins the Triple crown before it even starts ! Troll king,Pot stirring champ! All this and Moto is Still DEAD!!!

Dude, whats up lately?

This is what a forum is about, talking about ideas and news. Just because you dont like his opinions doesnt make him wrong or a dick. What makes your opinion right and his wrong? You have every right to call him names. Wondering why you think doing so is ok yet you bash him for voicing his opinions?

Dude, whats up lately?

This is what a forum is about, talking about ideas and news. Just because you dont like his opinions doesnt make him wrong or a dick. What makes your opinion right and his wrong? You have every right to call him names. Wondering why you think doing so is ok yet you bash him for voicing his opinions?
Your just mad you placed 2nd in the dick race dont worry youll still get a trophy

Back