The moto hot stove is heating up quickly.

Dude, whats up lately?

This is what a forum is about, talking about ideas and news. Just because you dont like his opinions doesnt make him wrong or a dick. What makes your opinion right and his wrong? You have every right to call him names. Wondering why you think doing so is ok yet you bash him for voicing his opinions?

Isn't this just sort of what our country does now? One person has an opinion, another person has an opinion that the other person's opinion is stupid (dare I say fake?), then the other person says the other person shouldn't have an opinion, and then the other person...nevermind, I'm already confused.

I have carefully watched this post evolve over the last few days, waiting for it to cool off before posting. Here is the skinny from my angle: at ChilliTown, we are always pushing the limits and always trying to make our product better. Our annual October race has become a machine. Its bigger than our Battle round was in 2017. We had an opportunity presented to further build prestige into this event by way of contingency by being a part of the Triple Crown Series. Our October race will now require only an AMA membership to race. The Oma was made aware of these intentions and said they would pull our Battle round. I did not argue or voice reason because it's not a big deal. I honestly felt like the OMA stubbornness by giving us the boot was a blessing. Now we are free to play how we wanna play.
Our July race will now also be AMA only. We have some things cooking in the "hot stove" to ensure the continued success of this event.

Now i see longer timed moto's ... oh thank God someone is willing to try this. Are area riders NEED this. Proven fact. longer moto's make you better. And better on a national level is what this area needs.
Qualifiers and regionals in our state and we only send a handful to the ranch? That needs fixed

And if you dont care about LL? Then even you will get more bang for your buck. Dare i say WIN, WIN

I go to chilitown for the battle series. Not for trick or treat. Cool awards from that place. Not bagging on the quality. I like that place. But won’t be needing to hit it now that it’s not a battle round.
I am going to give you a short pass on this post and assume you were drunk. Every post you talk about “big gates” “no fun racing 4 guys”. But now you are not going because it’s not a “battle round”? Come on man. Yeah you had better been drunk.

I am going to give you a short pass on this post and assume you were drunk. Every post you talk about “big gates” “no fun racing 4 guys”. But now you are not going because it’s not a “battle round”? Come on man. Yeah you had better been drunk.
Battle rounds have full gates. I’m sure a battle round will be on top of chili.

Last edited:
I hope the OMA, and CTMX are not both screwing themselves. The formula was working. I don't see alot of people from the oma making the trip south to CTMX for a non battle race. The Halloween race works because no one else is racing at the end of the october...so people are going any where they can yo race still. Just my thought.

The BC, Malvern, CTMX battle series was working. I am a perfect example. Am I going to drive 5 hours to tv land? Probably not, so I might just hit Malvern and BC. But then again, someone from tv land might not make the trip to CTMX. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I hope the OMA, and CTMX are not both screwing themselves. The formula was working. I don't see alot of people from the oma making the trip south to CTMX for a non battle race. The Halloween race works because no one else is racing at the end of the october...so people are going any where they can yo race still. Just my thought.

The BC, Malvern, CTMX battle series was working. I am a perfect example. Am I going to drive 5 hours to tv land? Probably not, so I might just hit Malvern and BC. But then again, someone from tv land naught not make the trip to CTMX. Only time will tell.
I was thinking of the same thing. I hope the new formula works but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The biggest race of the year is a non battle race. So now that does not require additional “membership”. How could it hurt?
The largest battle race was CTMX. I don’t think it’s worry of bringing people from the north down, as much as getting people from the south to go north.
Ok this is confusing. From now on it’s just district 11 and 12. Because we are officially right back where we started 20 years ago. But now we can call it a fresh new idea.

I dont know. I think there are alot of people that do CTMX for the battle race and then in October like I said because no one else is racing. There were lots of rumbling about the track this season, probably why they didn't get a qualifier this year, and rumblings on the cost for everything from camping to transponders. So it could hurt CTMX. But like I said, only time will tell.

The biggest race of the year is a non battle race. So now that does not require additional “membership”. How could it hurt?
The largest battle race was CTMX. I don’t think it’s worry of bringing people from the north down, as much as getting people from the south to go north.
Ok this is confusing. From now on it’s just district 11 and 12. Because we are officially right back where we started 20 years ago. But now we can call it a fresh new idea.

It doesnt have to be this way , the OMA approached Eastfork about a 4th battle round, and said they didnt want it to be a Race Ohio.Scott and myself agreed, but after a month and a half Scott got text and said there will be no 4th round. The whole reason we created Race Ohio was to help expand the sport and work with the tracks to make motocross strong again not to be in competition against any other, tracks, promoters or sanctioning bodies. Scott and John and myself have a deep passion for the sport and are not in competition with anyone,track or promoter. I invite Mr. Osborn and any other promoter to out track meeting and open rider forum after the first of the year
Thanks Rick Landis

I dont know. I think there are alot of people that do CTMX for the battle race and then in October like I said because no one else is racing. There were lots of rumbling about the track this season, probably why they didn't get a qualifier this year, and rumblings on the cost for everything from camping to transponders. So it could hurt CTMX. But like I said, only time will tell.
Cost of camping... go down the street to your local KOA and see how much an overnight hookup will cost you....
Transponders cost the same everywhere and it sure did not keep people away in October.
CTMX events work like clockwork. UNTIL the Regional which was then dictated by the AMA / MX Sports. And we all know they can mess up a wet dream.
But your right. We will see by this time next year. My $50 is on the Triple Crown will win the Battle... and yes, I already have that trademarked.

For the record I was all for CT being OMA, and adding EF back in and having a 4th battle. BUT I listened to the riders, yes that’s right, listened. The large majority said just three rounds. Ok. Done. I’ve heard many riders complain about EF running races on top of regular Oma events in the past, so when approached with this scenario at CT, I listened to the riders, and so no we can’t do that. So I don’t want hear this garbage about how I don’t listen. I listen, you all need to be careful of what you wish for

Last edited:
More options for Racing and competition between organizations for better events is good for the riders. Hopefully they don’t kill each other and we get more for everyone to ride and race. It’s supposed to be about family fun more than anything else in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Back