ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

Vet261

PR Addict
The tire noise - How many pulled over because they though they had a flat - I'll raise my hand first.

Yes I thought I had a flat because of the tire noise. Here is the sad part --- when I got home and unloaded my RMZ my rear tire was flat.

So I thought I had a flat on the Alta and didn't, and never knew I really had a flat on my RMZ.....

Double D

PR Founding Father
0CD4087C-AD73-47A7-BF25-2924F2D66239.jpeg

Bling bling

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I did that - under jumping a double.
Me -? under jump .....never..

Anyway, I'm next to some guy coming towards the big double before the woods.
Under commit - and fly about half way.
See the mud puddle (where i'm going to land) between the mounds and twist the throttle to the stop.

WRONG ----

I'm flying silently through the air while the Alta is in full swing with the throttle pegged .
When I touched down, that thing came on so fast that it ripped my hands off the bars. As I was riding the bike no handed the first thing that popped into my head was " well, this one is sold".
I got lucky and was able to grab back on ---- but it was pretty ugly for a few seconds ...

Michael

PR Addict
Electric cars have been around for a while. Dont see them taking over car racing.

Formula E has a lot of money in it. Team budgets are in the neighborhood of $10 million, give or take a few million. The races take place at some top notch venues. They get TV coverage just as good as, if not better than, motocross. Based on the social media followings, in just a few years Formula E is nearly as large as pro motocross that has had a presence way longer on social media.

Formula SAE electric (small, formula cars designed, built, and raced by university students) is more popular than ever. This means more and more of the recent and upcoming engineering grads getting into the market will bring this knowledge and passion to the table.

I know of many instances where people love using their shiny new Tesla Model 3's as track day cars. Also Tesla's popularity is growing in drag racing as already referenced by Hershey.

I will concede that they probably won't take over auto racing in the next decade, or even two decades. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of auto racing becoming electric during my lifetime.

John250

PR Founding Father
I am going to take and design a little thing to go around the fork. Then an extension to put a baseball card in the spokes.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Some guy over on Vital wrote this:

"Let me just express my disappointment that an American manufacturer is providing a solid product to riders that is a unique alternative to anything else on the market. I'm especially pissed that they're making a solid effort to support races that allow them to compete and continually taking in feedback from riders and their experiences at the races to further improve their product. What's worse, they're even putting out entertaining content and taking a unique approach to marketing. Those ass holes, how do they even sleep at night knowing how much they support moto and off-road and how awesome of a bike they produce, it's just sickening."

This guy is a pretty good rider and deep into all types of two wheel motor-sports.
I've been watching Alta for a few years now and he's spot on.

They've been keeping after it. They have some great test riders and certainly are not backing down from ANY competition.

Actually, it's the competition that is throwing up the "Foul" flags by not allowing them in with open arms to compete with ICE bikes.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
K37A4853-cp-1000px_zpsf468cf55.jpg

Sunday night I'm taking my dog for a walk through my Mom's development in Strongsville and I see this chick (no, not /\ this chick) but a chick come around a turn and start cruising up a hill as I'm waking down it. She gets closer and I could tell she's on one of these. I flag her down, so we stop and chat.
She's had it for about three weeks, is already proficient at all the basics and says she's totally hooked and can't get enough.
Says she comes home and jumps on it for a quick rip most every night.

The FUN of E- power is real.
The kids are finding it - I think that's cool.

Should be some great inventions in the next decade -

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
For some reason, the fact that John259 doesn't have any interest in them makes me want one even more! haha
I am a Republican. I like my diesel guzzling truck. My gas guzzling cars, and my loud motorcycles.

Dont you understand the Democrat party by now? They will spend millions telling you to ride e bikes because of the noise. And as soon as that happens they will spend millions to get you off the land on them for conservation reasons.

I prefer to fight for my own personal constitutional rights that I have now, and prefer them nor the government take things away that I enjoy. Rather than give my rights away.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
2016_YZ450F_19.JPG

2018-Yamaha-YZ450F-Ad9.jpg

Just look at this mess.....
Ok, engineers ....everyone gets to make a part and then put it wherever they please..
No way to mount it ? No problem - we'll add some screws....