ALTA Redshift Price Drop.

Actually if you took the time to read the article the market was ready. Sales up 50% in one year. That's stellar for a start up. Also start ups eat money much faster than any other time. That's why the loss of Harley killed them. Tesla still isn't making a profit. It takes years to do that and lots of investor money. Let's hope they find that soon!!

Actually if you took the time to read the article the market was ready. Sales up 50% in one year. That's stellar for a start up. Also start ups eat money much faster than any other time. That's why the loss of Harley killed them. Tesla still isn't making a profit. It takes years to do that and lots of investor money. Let's hope they find that soon!!

Uhhhhh, if the market was ready they wouldn’t have spent more then they took in. Sales mean nothing if you aren’t making a profit yet and don’t have the money to keep losing. You need to watch Mr. Wonderful more, “ the big brands will squash them like the little turds they are” .. if it was a good idea the big boys would have entered the market. Proofs in the numbers, or lack there of.

No it's obvious that electric bikes are a fad duh. Sales mean nothing. Harley will be going under next.

In the near future KTM will discontinue making ICE mini's.

Stefan Pierer, KTM CEO and majority shareholder, is more than just a successful Austrian industrialist; from his position as president of the European Association of Motorcycle Manufacturers he knows well that electric mobility is set to boom in the next decade.

There was a time (not so long ago) that most would have considered KTM's to be below standards and wondered why they just didn't copy the beloved Jap machines.

My how times change, it's a big world out there.

You doubters may be saying I told you so right now, but I believe it will be short lived and we may have Alta’s under new management/ money sooner than later. I still want to race one next season at Loretta’s!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

might be in the 60 plus class before they come back and sell enough units to be at Lorettas.

motorcycling is entertainment for most, not transportation. So the sound is part of it, in my opinion. How many Tesla's or Prius do you see on the road compared to gas cars and trucks? It is a very small percentage. Its going to be a long time before they take over. Manufactures will work on even cleaner burning motors than electric ones.

I'm betting they find another investor or a group of them. Don't throw the towel in yet. After riding one in a believer. It is almost as fast as a 450 but feels as light as my 125 while riding it. Far, far easier to place it where you want than a 450

John250, as a politician, you are out of your mind. Using the Tesla / Prius vs Gas cars as a percentage is crazy. You are talking about all cars on the road which have been gas engines forever........ When steam engines were running things, those guys thought that gas was going to be a fad, and looked what happened. Electric cars are on the upswing (not saying I want one), and people are buying more and more of them every year, and they are pretty good cars from what most people say. With all of the rules that the government places on MPG, pollution control, ETC ETC, gas is getting harder and harder to keep

Electric motorcycles will be on more of an upswing than cars due to the noise pollution issue that the gas bikes face, so the upswing will be faster and more pronounced than on the cars. The ALTA is really good motorcycle right now, and it will improve over time as they get more and more technology worked into the bike, it's not like riding a clapped out power wheels thing that your toddler rides around the house. It's exciting to have a bike that good that performs just like a gas bike that you ride now.

INBOARD_night_boarding.jpg

Picked up one of these ....what a blast to ride!!!

John250, as a politician, you are out of your mind. Using the Tesla / Prius vs Gas cars as a percentage is crazy. You are talking about all cars on the road which have been gas engines forever........ When steam engines were running things, those guys thought that gas was going to be a fad, and looked what happened. Electric cars are on the upswing (not saying I want one), and people are buying more and more of them every year, and they are pretty good cars from what most people say. With all of the rules that the government places on MPG, pollution control, ETC ETC, gas is getting harder and harder to keep

Electric motorcycles will be on more of an upswing than cars due to the noise pollution issue that the gas bikes face, so the upswing will be faster and more pronounced than on the cars. The ALTA is really good motorcycle right now, and it will improve over time as they get more and more technology worked into the bike, it's not like riding a clapped out power wheels thing that your toddler rides around the house. It's exciting to have a bike that good that performs just like a gas bike that you ride now.

Don't drive a Tesla model S ..... You WILL want one.

Don't drive a Tesla model S ..... You WILL want one.
Passed one that was doing maybe 50 in a 70 zone. But it looked fast. Needed to make the next charging station while headed into SE Ohio? Does the federal government subsidize electric MX?

Not sure, might be worth checking out. We are doing ev charging stations in homes for first energy. They finance it on your electric bill for you.

The model S can go upwards of 200 miles on a charge, but if I were driving it that wouldn't be possible. The acceleration is incredible.

You might not see many Tesla’s around Ohio but if you head over to Indiana they are everywhere. From Fort Wayne to Louisville. I see them all day long.

i cant talk myself into a tesla simply based off of looks... performance wise and interior/technology wise i love them. A p100d in ludicrous mode will borderline make you s**t your pants. the power is so smooth and instant. its really unbelievable until you drive one. my v10 r8 woulda got s**t on by that 0-60!! i drive a hybrid now and it makes me sad to say that.. its hard enough to tell ppl my car is a hybrid and i have a girls name hahahaha. i loved the alta but idk if i could do it full time. if they dont come back it would be cool to pick one up super cheap in a few years for a play bike... until the battery dies i guess and its a paperweight.

Back