Moosecans pass....

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
why’s everyone so butt hurt about this ? Eli was fuming at that press conference. Sitting slightly facing away from Marvin etc....

He left the door the open. I mean damn what an awesome pass.

The only “Out of line” I saw was Tomac. Shoulda hugged more inside I guess.....awesome pass and it was racing.

That press conference was TMZ gold. Eli calling out Marvin last year for fixing a race. Marvin saying grant was doing the same thing. (Marvin never denied he was fixing the race, just basically made a case for why he did it to help out his team. )

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I thought it was awesome and Tomac has got to know Musquin was going to run it in on him as he's done it many many times before! Lesson of the day: Know your competition!

John250

PR Founding Father
Looked like Bradshaw and Chicken put there. I'd say its racing on the last lap for the win.

Aric Amirola got punted into the turn 3 wall by Austin Dillon for the win in the Daytona 500 this year too

On the last lap going for a win, you have to ride knowing the guy behind you is going to try anything if hes close enough.

ktrop251

PR Member
The pass was aggressive. It was the last lap of the main. It wasn't unexpected. What was unexpected was moosecan and his rattling off why he didn't mean to do it on the podium and in the press conference. Then, after he said why he didn't mean to and how it wasn't his fault he says, it was for the win.. which one was it? Oops? Or i did it and I'm owning it.

Dano762

PR Addict
The pass was aggressive. It was the last lap of the main. It wasn't unexpected. What was unexpected was moosecan and his rattling off why he didn't mean to do it on the podium and in the press conference. Then, after he said why he didn't mean to and how it wasn't his fault he says, it was for the win.. which one was it? Oops? Or i did it and I'm owning it.

I think Marvin was still figuring out what really happened. After he watched the reply, Marvin could see Tomac's riding was just as much a part of the incident as his own.

What I didn't like was Tomac's response on track. Instead of getting back to the business of racing, he decided to just stand there and take time to hold his thumb up.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
20180423_121638.jpg

ktrop251

PR Member
I think Marvin was still figuring out what really happened. After he watched the reply, Marvin could see Tomac's riding was just as much a part of the incident as his own.

What I didn't like was Tomac's response on track. Instead of getting back to the business of racing, he decided to just stand there and take time to hold his thumb up.

I agree, however, I think tomac knew where Anderson was and knew there was no way he was going to catch marv by the end of the lap. Then he got knocked down again. He probably should have gone a little farther inside. I just watched it again and the line Eli was in, was the same line both of them took the two laps prior. So, when Marv said "he was not in a line that we had taken all day" it was bullshit. He knew what he was doing, he knew why he was doing it. That's fine. But don't say "he wasn't in a real line" even if he wasn't in a line, what does that have to do with a block pass. A block pass is a block pass, no matter what line you're in. I just felt like Marv changed the story every time he told it. Maybe it was the French accent. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing what happens when the come together next. I want fireworks like the reed vs Stewart days.

bockscars

PR Member
i’m cool with aggressive racing, but if Eli wouldn’t have been there to stop Marv’s momentum he might’ve launched the bike up the bank. That’s too much, it’d be different maybe if he was tailing the whole race and just couldn’t find an opportunity to pass clean but that was Eli stalking the whole race waiting for a mistake. all blown out of proportion, it’d be different if either of these guys were within reasonable striking distance of a title but that’s too aggressive for 3 meaningless points and a W on a resume

honda907

PR Addict
Left the door open? You saw something different than I. Et3 was in the lowest rut.

We are going down a slippery road . NASCAR isn't doing well. Checkers or Wreckers doesn't make the sport grow. Just look at NASCAR.

All I know is MM25 tried to justify a bad pass. " I lead the most laps, I was going for a win. It happened to me,. He ( Tomac) did it in Vegas last year, I deserved to win because..... I I I I about 1001 times".

Funny . Baker boys sure are in a lot of these questionable situations of dirty riding . I think they winat all costs.

If you guys think this is good racing, your just bored with "REAL" racing. Something SX needs to survive. He'll they can't even get riders now. What's next?

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Supercross has become pretty boring some weeks. So a little bar banging at least makes it interesting. And it is not a messily 3 points. I am sure W's pay very well on a factory contract Bonus.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
If toesmack is your “guy”. It’s dirty. If Moosecan is your guy (or you like his wife) then it’s a good pass. If you don’t care about either then it’s tv worth watching.
If joe normal tunes in next week and sees John’s son winning by 30 seconds, he will yawn and flip the channel to the food network and watch that hot chic with the big nose flip crapes. If he sees Toesmack and his lover swinging purses in a mixed doubles match with team Perrier, he may tune in again the next week.
Wrecks bring fans. It brought the topic so you can not deny it brought attention to a series that was wrapped up in round 6.
And what’s killing NASCAR is all the goofy rules. Lucky dogs, green and white checker flags, cars that look nothing like real cars, yellow flags for hotdog wrappers and more importantly boring robot drivers that put you to sleep behind the mic.
A block, takeout, good, bad, dirty, clean, that was my line, the sun was in my eye, he should have expected it, dude got cllllleeeeeeaaaaned out and didn’t throw like Smith, pass is part of the sport. Remove it and you may as well bring on Danica to kill another race series.

Speaking of NASCAR. Why do open cockpit Indy cars race in the rain but cars that are supposed to be “stock cars” stop when they get a sprinkle? Put wipers on those things and get out there you pansies.

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
My wife only goes/watches SX and MX for the races but then I tell her to watch areas where they'll get squirrelly and she doesn't so she misses them LOL but she gets bored with it easily but last week she was yelling at TV, "come on Musquin, why are you going to win all race then just let him pass you???? Oh yeah Musquin you got him back!!!!....... babe was that a dirty win? I feel like Marvin doesn't want to win that way."