Battle for Ohio Rd. 2 - TV Land

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea the pits are well manicured. Slide into the pond. Got a cool rhythm section to ramp people like to goof off on. Trevor polishes that place.

And I keep saying this but his GP is the best damn GP in all the series’.

trevor145

PR Addict
B7AD2CEC-B038-4514-9D48-1430E60A7367.jpeg
C7F36E01-86FD-4A1F-929F-B5385C36148D.jpeg
Never been to this track, considering coming this weekend. Trying to decide between here and Lincoln Trail. Pros vs Cons. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app
I’m not sure how far away you are.
But this weekend is shaping up to be a great one here. The track is on point and ready to go. Just got a nice rain to help get the cake batter ready for action!
Some snaps from this morning...
Plenty of flat parking. A swimming hole to beat the heat and I’m pretty sure I have things here tighter than I’ve ever had!
I hope you can make it!

Double D

PR Founding Father
I am out, I know I promised this to be my first TV land, but life is coming at me too fast right now.

You would not get me out of that pond this weekend. My Cooler would be floating right next to me with all Houses beer in it!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Well I know you guys are holding back, but first I want to say thanks to Trevor and his family for working there a***s off on one of the hottest moto weekends I can ever remember. There were definitely some bumps in the road, lots to be improved. However I can remember some not so great races at my place and chillitown too. Also I would like to give props on the pond, I saw so many kids having a ball In it, pitbike racing was off the hook. Portajohns were cleaned often, plenty of food vendors. Overall I liked the track, it had a little bit of everything in it. The whoop sections were tough but fun. Got started at 9:20, which is really good for your first battle. I have a list of things to work on for Trevor. So don’t burn him at the stake too badly.

Lotts24

PR Elite
We have been going go tv land forever. Like the last 10 years. I can say that all the hard work prior to the event were very noticeable to us. We liked the track. Struggled with that rhythm section in the middle but that doesnt mean that was a bad thing. I had a blast racing and have to thank connie because i love being moto 1. Nothing beats fresh prep and going where u want to. The pond was amazing. Really refreshing and cool to see all the kids enjoying it. Our dogs enjoyed the little pond by the freestyle ramps. They had a blast over there swimming.

It got a little dusty but overall i dont think it was horrible. I am not a track prepper just a rider so not sure how to fix that. The scorching temps def didnt help that part. The ambulance runs were little bummer having to wait. They were volunteer so not sure how to get around that. Hopefully all downed riders are on the road to recovery.

Thanks trevor for a fun weekend. There is a reason “its the funnest place on earth”. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I enjoyed the track changes. I don’t consider tvland to be a rough track to ride, but the additional rythym and roller sections added a degree of difficulty that made for good racing. I can see all of the hard work that went into this event and I thank Trevor and crew for putting the time in.

The conditions were tough, I don’t know what the best call would’ve been prep wise and I’m not complaining. A lot of the prep was good, managing the dust in the heat had to be a difficult task. Safety wise, excess watering would’ve created a very slick and dangerous surface. As a racer I thought it was good to test skills going from difficult ruts to hard packed corners where throttle control was key. The track provided conditions that well suited the all around racer.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
First off Jeremy I expect a swimming pond at the BC battle race complete with a diving board!

We had a good weekend. I thought things went well for their first big mx race, I'm sure they will get the little things smoothed out.
The boy said he didn't like the powder, and wanted more water. I told him he has to learn to ride on all types of tracks. I think that first turn off the gate needs widened just a bit.
Parking was tough with all the water they got earlier in the week, but that was obviously out of their hands.
Venders were good, thanks to those who showed up, we tried to spend money at each of them.
I don't know if it was my stereo or not but I couldn't get the 88.1 to come in.
I thought the track lay out was good, spectating area's were good. Would have like the pit bike races to be Saturday evening instead of Friday since so many people were driving a long way. The boy thought the ultalight plane that flew over Friday was super cool lol.

John250

PR Founding Father
Track was a fun track. I rode like crap, and in the second moto think someone fell into Lotts, and he fell into me, so that sucked, but that's racing. No biggie for me these days. I struggled with stomach craps like never before yesterday (No Hershey, it was not PMS). Must have been the heat. Wasn't really tired, but it was killing me on the bike.

As for the water, you don't want to make it a muddy mess that makes for crap racing, one lined track, with ruts every direction as it dries. I think overall, TV Land did a decent job with the conditions trying to control the dust. I would have liked the disc run through the back corners once or twice, but that is me, I am like Kelly, I like the fresh prep.

Parking.....My suggestion if your going to have a battle race next year.....Bulldoze one if not both those little pit bike tracks, make them flat and throw some grass seed for parking. He had 370 entries on Sunday, and had only a little parking left from where 4 wheelers left. If the event grows, he does not have enough parking.

Starting line....Worst part of the track. The outside of the gate is a disadvantage for sure. The whole first turn in my opinion just does not feel good. I would move the start or redesign it or something. Heard lots of comments about it.

My son had 37 riders in his 250c class. He was moto 2 and 5. First moto he got a 3rd place start and ended up 6th. He said the last lap just killed him he was tired from the first moto. 2nd moto, he got a horrible start and must have been around 20th to 25th place. He rode back to 7th place! It was awesome watching him running it in deep on guys in corners and railing the outside berms right around them. It was a really fun moto to watch him pick off that many guys. Ended up 6th overall in C and 8th overall in a really fast 125 class.

Its always great going to the battle races and seeing a lot of really good people that we never see in southern Ohio. I do truly wish some how this battle series was one race north, one race in southern Ohio, and the final at BC. Perhaps to just try to get more people from SW Ohio to participate. Getting home at almost 11pm last night was the down side for sure.

Fun track though. Wish it was closer.

Hause#0

PR Addict
Thanks Trevor for everything. My only gripe is that the first turn was too sharp. Both my motos were ruined by pile ups in that darn first turn! But hey.... that's racing! Had a great time! Thanks to all!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I've seen a lot of versions of that track as far as good prep bad prep good layous, less favorite layouts etc. I was pleased with the event, I can tell that he's put the effort in. i liked the layout.. like the rollers. The place looked good, given the temps i feel like he probably did damn near the best he could without making it a sloppy mess for some people. hopefully he gets the opportunity to run one again next year im sure he will be more prepared.

for anyone that enjoyed it and wants to go back, their rock and ride is coming up soon, thats usually a pretty cool event you should consider checking it out.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
I've seen a lot of versions of that track as far as good prep bad prep good layous, less favorite layouts etc. I was pleased with the event, I can tell that he's put the effort in. i liked the layout.. like the rollers. The place looked good, given the temps i feel like he probably did damn near the best he could without making it a sloppy mess for some people. hopefully he gets the opportunity to run one again next year im sure he will be more prepared.

for anyone that enjoyed it and wants to go back, their rock and ride is coming up soon, thats usually a pretty cool event you should consider checking it out.
Subtle “I actually came out of the closet and raced this weekend” post