MXON

Matt Mangano

PR Member
4A549D82-21E8-44BC-BD49-DF9EEA873D98.png

Was watching the RacerX edit from Sunday on youtube and... Sharc! Is that you????

Here’s the link:

It’s around the 1:30 mark.

tank166

PR Addict
They only added sand to the new start straight and the new off camber corner for the nations. At least that is what the Ritchies said.

Double D

PR Founding Father
Are ET ,EP and Barcia blaming the track?

I read some of the vital bs. I could care less about Barcia or Tomac. But it surprises me that Aaron would complain.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
F- Yeah - That's me -! REDDDD BUUUDDD
Nice catch - Thanks!!!!!!!

That’s a clip from Moto #1 on Sunday.
Those two guys next to me were from P.A.
Cool dude’s, they raced some back-in-the-day but not anymore.
They’ve ridden Highpoint & Steel City but never got the chance to hit up RedBud.

I was hanging off the fence along the rollers for all the moto’s – every one. It’s my favorite spot. Right there, the fence is very close to the track.
It’s one of the few places the riders have the opportunity to glance over at RedBud.

Communication with riders happens along the rollers, coming up to the Monza wall and at the finish line turn. We used to also use the turn before the ski jump but they changed that section for MXoN

As the riders come up the rollers they can see you in their peripheral vision. They’ve got T-2 blocking the view to the right but they see the entire roller straight in front of them and have full vision to the left along the fence. They can see the towel whipping around.

If you’re loud enough, they can hear you too…
Through the rollers, they’re in a tall gear and light on the throttle. They then shut-it-down on the third to last roller setting up for the bowl turn right. (Herlings would jump the second to last one.) A quick twist of the throttle around the turn and they are silent again as they fly over T-2.

And anyone that knows me, knows –
I can get your attention…even if you are on a dirt bike with a helmet on.

F- Yeah----RRRREDDDD BUUUUDDD!!!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
F-Yeah RREeeeddddBbbbuuuuDddddd
I’m in this guys edit of RedBud Rowdy

From 3:50 - 4:20 ~~~{} hey,-?
I’m standing at the fence two rollers closer to the T2 turn from this guy.
Yeah - that’s my screeching.
I learned it from my father. His was even louder.

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
We used to race red bud much more in the early to mid 80s. I liked the track back then, it was a clay track.

The sand makes it much easier to prep and maintain for sure. Just not sure why a majority of tracks all have to be sand now.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
After watching the helmet cams the only place that looks “sandier” I the new loop by the start and maybe the ski jump. Doesn’t seem any different than what I saw in July. In the link they talk about it being hard underneath. Ummm they probably didn’t prep it like normal because of the freaking forecast. WAKE UP People.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
After watching the helmet cams the only place that looks “sandier” I the new loop by the start and maybe the ski jump. Doesn’t seem any different than what I saw in July. In the link they talk about it being hard underneath. Ummm they probably didn’t prep it like normal because of the freaking forecast. WAKE UP People.
Comin from a guy that almost has aneurysms when ya talk about how redbud is the best of the best.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
F- yeah DD - That guy caught a Lotta good stuff in his edit.

I saw that eagle making the rounds a bunch of times. He had energy to spare.

I talked to the guys that had the big truck horns. Great idea -! One guy was carrying the horn’s with a couple wires and the other guy had a backpack with two car batteries in it. Baddass. I asked how’s it working out with shlepping two car batteries around a muddy moto track. They said they made the deal when they made the horns. That morning they were going to flip a coin to see who got the horn’s and who had to wear the backpack! Ha ha excellent!

The respetful silence during the anthem combined with the impending eruption of the crowd sent goosebumps. We were ready for a great day of action.
That side of the hill was always jamb packed, loud and rowdy.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Actually, it looks like those two have some kind of an air tank set up for that horn. Damn- it, how did miss those two?

Double D

PR Founding Father
I was impressed with the anthem. That was the only time the place was quiet. I was in the infield near the truck horn guys.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea you could hear the wind hitting that flag. The flap sound and the subtle ting-ring of the metal on the rope cracking the pole...the great national anthem.

Pure electrifying.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I believe it was 1995 when Red Bud went from Clay to Sand track. The regional was there that year, and they had open riding the weekend before, and we went up there to get some practice in and they added SAND everywhere which changed the track complexion greatly. We went home after open riding and bought soft terrain tires for the Regional the following weekend. Everyone back then was thinking it was going to be hard clay based track for Regional and got a surprise when they showed up. Not only that, the retailers that showed up on site, didn't have soft terrain tires there because they didn't know either.......... I think that's why I qualified for my first trip to Loretta Lynn's. I had ridden the week before and had soft terrain tires on for Regional and ended up qualifying for the Big show for the very first time that year. Since then, they have been keeping the sand on the track for all the years, it's easier to maintain as a racing surface for sure, and when you're trying to run big events, rain or shine, sand is better to work with!!!

Double D

PR Founding Father
I believe it was 1995 when Red Bud went from Clay to Sand track. The regional was there that year, and they had open riding the weekend before, and we went up there to get some practice in and they added SAND everywhere which changed the track complexion greatly. We went home after open riding and bought soft terrain tires for the Regional the following weekend. Everyone back then was thinking it was going to be hard clay based track for Regional and got a surprise when they showed up. Not only that, the retailers that showed up on site, didn't have soft terrain tires there because they didn't know either.......... I think that's why I qualified for my first trip to Loretta Lynn's. I had ridden the week before and had soft terrain tires on for Regional and ended up qualifying for the Big show for the very first time that year. Since then, they have been keeping the sand on the track for all the years, it's easier to maintain as a racing surface for sure, and when you're trying to run big events, rain or shine, sand is better to work with!!!

But when did “8 CLICKS” become necessary for proper set up?