MXON

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
It was an unreal experience for sure. Man I wish I went to Budds Creek and Colorado. We only get so many of these in our lifetime. I was beyond bummed for the way USA rode.

I'm with ya all the way on that brother -
If it comes again to US soil - I'm IN -!!

weaver658

PR Member
Ok guys I am still thinking about this defeat and I am still baffled by the lack of preparation. Eli goes out for his sighting lap comes back to the start and the team doesn’t change the tires that have mud on them. They lift the bike onto the metal start pad. The gate drops Eli’s rear tire spins and gets a bad start.
Team France has 4 guys changing the rear tire, pulling tape off the bike so the mud from sight lap comes off. They then carry the bike onto the start pad to avoid mud on the tires. I just feel like team USA is like eh we have 3 fast guys out there twist the throttle and see what happens. Ok rant from a c class rider for life over.

Double D

PR Founding Father
Yeah I too was frustrated. Like I said earlier I felt like I was watching the Browns play. Only they were playing a great team that was fun to watch.

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I told my wife I bought flights into Amsterdam for next year....she wasn't ecstatic LOL looks like it might be a father son trip!

John250

PR Founding Father
Watching the highlights, looks like they seriously trucked in a ton more sand to put on the track. The catered it right into the specialty of the Euros. Aaron pretty much said that after the race.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Watching the highlights, looks like they seriously trucked in a ton more sand to put on the track. The catered it right into the specialty of the Euros. Aaron pretty much said that after the race.

Have you rode there in the last 2 years?

tank166

PR Addict
I raced redbud at the edge of summer race when they ran the nation's layout. It was my least favorite redbud track I've rode. Track was slower than normal and felt slick if aggressive with the throttle. It was also the smoothest that I've ever rode it and the only time that it felt one lined. Just the opinion of a midpack local vet rider.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Americans were pretty good sports for the most part which surprised me too. I expected everyone to be piss moaning making excuses but pretty much everyone I talked to was like well we got our a***s kicked but it was still cool to watch.

Piece of moto history and I was there....damn cool!

John250

PR Founding Father
I have not rode there for 4 years. Friend of mine is close friends with Plessingers and they are the ones that said more sand had been trucked in. The videos looked like it too.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Track didn’t look any Sandier than it’s ever been ? That’s another bullshit excuse.

I can say the long gap from last outdoor to this race prob didn’t help. And supercross is the new American focus anymore anyway. Sx only contracts. Nobody wants to race outside.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Track didn’t look any Sandier than it’s ever been ? That’s another bullshit excuse.

I can say the long gap from last outdoor to this race prob didn’t help. And supercross is the new American focus anymore anyway. Sx only contracts. Nobody wants to race outside.
You may want to watch this and rethink your statement. That track was hard pack for decades.
I'm sure they have added sand through the years. BUT still not why they were beat. Other countries are just better at moto right now.
So the next person that says Tomac is better then RC, McGrath, Dungey, Ward, Johnson, or hell anyone from the 80's early 90's or mid 2000's, show them the facts against the world.
We used to send washed up / or slower guys to the GP to extend their career, now the rest of the world sends their washed up / slower here.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Dude this ain’t the 90s. THey ben trucking sand in yearly since then. Cmon knox what do put me for ?

Your livin in the 90s man.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Dude this ain’t the 90s. THey ben trucking sand in yearly since then. Cmon knox what do put me for ?

Your livin in the 90s man.
Well your statement was "didn’t look any Sandier than it’s ever been" is incorrect. EVER being the key word. But don't let the facts get in the way... preach it brother.
Supercross? ...
dcedf16fc31ba0c7d65eca8f87102df1960a6403c8f8a1a11f6c1010c898f622.jpg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Is it fair to say “ever been” in my lifetime of moto has been sand?

2003 qualifier. Sandy. Sorry you’re so old. So I’ll
Continue to say this weekend was as sandy as it’s ever been. (To me anyway)

Now Go home 1985 she devil.

Observe circa de 2017: looks pretty damn similar to me (sand content)

Now where’s your redbud video of you racing?

D

DTS

You may want to watch this and rethink your statement. That track was hard pack for decades.
I'm sure they have added sand through the years. BUT still not why they were beat. Other countries are just better at moto right now.
So the next person that says Tomac is better then RC, McGrath, Dungey, Ward, Johnson, or hell anyone from the 80's early 90's or mid 2000's, show them the facts against the world.
We used to send washed up / or slower guys to the GP to extend their career, now the rest of the world sends their washed up / slower here.
While watching on TV... I kept seeing a corner that got down to the slick hard pack. I said out loud and smiled.. "Look old Red Bud!"

hershey

PR Elite
Vetfest was sandy and deep but I will say the national weekend had more sand and deep ruts than I remember in recent years. Normally they do seem to bring over a lot of sand before national weekend so it would make sense they would do the same for MXoN. Especially given the rainy forecast they had 10 days prior even.