Mx classes

Holderbaum256

PR Addict
ive been trying to go to more mx races lately, the mx classes don’t seem to make much sense. Why do we have 30 classes, but each class only have 3 riders? I have yet to see a full gate. We are doing two gate drops with 3-4 different classes each moto. Why not remove some of the classes so we can have more riders on the gate and better racing? Just curious!

F7DB5257-8533-4B01-8A3F-E826ACB8B327.jpeg
I have nothing to add but memes and nonsense.

Someone run a race where its:

250 PRO
250 B/C Combined (Have two separate races if more than 40 riders)

2 Stroke

450 PRO
450 B/C (Have two separate races if more than 40 riders)

Super Mini

85 Expert
85 Beginner

65 Expert
65 Beginner

50 Expert
50 Beginner

Quads:

All Big Quads
Kid Quad Expert
Kid Quad Beginner

14 Moto's (maybe 16 depending on if you need two races for one class)

6 laps across the board.

Someone run a race where its:

250 PRO
250 B/C Combined (Have two separate races if more than 40 riders)

2 Stroke

450 PRO
450 B/C (Have two separate races if more than 40 riders)

Super Mini

85 Expert
85 Beginner

65 Expert
65 Beginner

50 Expert
50 Beginner

Quads:

All Big Quads
Kid Quad Expert
Kid Quad Beginner

14 Moto's (maybe 16 depending on if you need two races for one class)

6 laps across the board.

For the most part i want to say, run that at your track and let us know how it turns out. One tweek that may make it enticing, run 18 min. plus one lap for each moto.

In this neck of the woods, that format is unsustainable for moto-x and promoter... (mic drop)

Charge double per class as they are getting the same track time as they would if they were running 2 (4 motos) classes at a typical race.

The reason I hardly ever race is because it is literally an ALL day event. I don't own a camper or toy hauler and it blows getting up at 4-5 AM and not getting home til 6-7.

With this you would probably be done by 2PM.

I cant ride 18 min plus 1 lap but it does sound good. I would crash 15 times after 10 minutes and my hands wouldn't release from the grips.

Might be good for everyone else here lol!

I’m willing to bet at least 50% of the vet racers don’t want 18 minutes plus a lap. My style of race would be like 8 minutes and maybe 1 lap. Or just end it where you are. I’ve always been more of a sprinter.

I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Everytime I go to the track there’s only one class.... practice class! Had a nice race with a KTM 65 last night. He wore me down and finally made a nice pass. Pretty sure it’s a cheater motor though. I think I’m going to protest.

Last edited:
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Everytime I go to the track there’s only one class.... practice class! Had a nice race with a KTM 65 last night. He wore me down and finally made a nice pass. Pretty sure it’s a cheater motor though. I think I’m going to protest.

Did they give participation trophies or ribbons?

Come on Guys ....What class only has 3 entry's ?
I just looked at OMA's results over the past few races.
Are you talkin Qr mini quad?

Yes, MX race days are long.
You have a wide bandwidth of riders all wanting to ride the same track.
Age and skill vary widly and safety is a concern so they segregate.

Sign up in either C class and I'm sure you'll have plenty of others to race ...(not talking to DelBalso)
Do a second class... and that's Moto

Last edited:

That’s my favorite race and all I do.. I show up when I want. Decide when my moto is and when it stops.. and I win my race 9 times out of 10 every time! Win win

as someone who was a professional practicer the past few years and then decided at the end of the season to squeeze in a few races.. i can say that its really just what you make of it. i had a couple races that i was like moto 1 and 4 and it was a short day and that was awesome.. loved it. racing is cool! then i had a day where i was like nearly first and last moto... and it was horrible. none of my buddies were really at the track that day and it was pretty boring. boo.. racing sucks. next race i was like first and last again..all my friends were there...fun day..racing is cool again.

point being.. bring your friends and family and hanging out at a track all day to race isnt a bad thing and you can enjoy it. if i have to go solo and dont think many friends are going to be there, im just going to the practice track.

im glad i raced a few times this year... looking forward to much more of it next year..but ill definitely stick to either a couple series or just the bigger events (vet fest, can am, those type of things)

Back