Mx classes

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Now I have seen every type of cancellation:

3C558811-BA3B-42B1-8864-158B893157DE.jpeg

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
PA state championship and DC homecoming is going to be an awesome weekend. Even more excited now.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Matt Mangano

PR Member
Found myself becoming a pro practicer the past few years since going off to college and simply not having time or the motivation to race. This past summer I raced more than I have in the past 3 or so years and honestly can say that this has been one of the best riding years for me. Meeting new people, dropping gates and having fun.

I’m 21 years old and race the 2 stroke class and there’s absolutely no chance I could run at race pace for more than 15 minutes. On the local level I feel like that’s a little overkill. 8-10 minutes plus 1 would be perfect and would still make for more track time since the average race lasts at what, 5 or so minutes? I know it’s way too much to ask but knowing around what time you’ll race would be killer. But hey, we can dream right?

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
The Great Lakes MX series runs Garglefunkle or Farkenhagen or something crazy and they run less classes with like 15-20 min motos. I was reading about them and sounds like a good time waiting to see results to see how many entries. Would be good research for our promoters here. They run it as a separate series as well, maybe that could be the new battle format!

Michael

PR Addict
I'd like to see OIR hold their own race with a limited class line up, charge a little more for the entries to make up for less motos, and see what happens.

In terms of how long motos should be; 10 minutes plus one lap would be the most I'd want to and be able to do without slowing to a snail's pace.

jj584

PR Addict
Because a true C rider and a fast A rider on the same track is a recipe for disaster.. the pros hate riding local tracks for this reason
Maybe I didn’t explain it good enough. Sort of like RC car racing, everybody practices and the lap times are gathered. Your grouped by speed and just placed in a race with others around your speed. There is no ABC designation for the “I’m trying for Loretta’s” excuse. If you sand bag to get in a slower group your lap times are recorded, and next time your in a faster group.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
Maybe I didn’t explain it good enough. Sort of like RC car racing, everybody practices and the lap times are gathered. Your grouped by speed and just placed in a race with others around your speed. There is no ABC designation for the “I’m trying for Loretta’s” excuse. If you sand bag to get in a slower group your lap times are recorded, and next time your in a faster group.

Makes sense, I know absolutely nothing about any type of racing if there are more then 2 tires and the tires don’t have knobbies

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I mean it would just be better if people were honest and rode in their class LOL a couple weeks ago Soggy Bottom held sprint races that paid out $100 to A/B and $100 to C/D winner. I was obviously in C and got taken out by a B rider in our class, his justification was that he was on a 2 stroke. Kind of pissed me off considering he completely took me out of any chance of winning and didn't even finish the moto himself. I would've said something to him if he would've torn my bike up or it would've been a legitimate race but that was all for fun so kind of hard to get mad about it

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I mean it would just be better if people were honest and rode in their class LOL a couple weeks ago Soggy Bottom held sprint races that paid out $100 to A/B and $100 to C/D winner. I was obviously in C and got taken out by a B rider in our class, his justification was that he was on a 2 stroke. Kind of pissed me off considering he completely took me out of any chance of winning and didn't even finish the moto himself. I would've said something to him if he would've torn my bike up or it would've been a legitimate race but that was all for fun so kind of hard to get mad about it
Maybe you just need to run b. That guy sounds like the real Spode!!!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
upload_2018-9-10_21-2-46.jpeg

I was in Chattanooga last week and drove over to some back woods podunk track in North Carolina and watch outlaw kart racing. Had 8 classes. Less then 100 people in the stands and I watched a 6 year old kid win $200 CASH. Pit pass was $15. Signup was $25. Track even had “house cars” you could rent and race that night.
Every class paid cash money... no crap trophy for 7th place.
I wonder how they can do it?

And the sound... the kids karts run 125 engines. The adult karts.... 500 smokers. It was AMAZING
If they bring that to Ohio, I’m in.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
View attachment 59329
I was in Chattanooga last week and drove over to some back woods podunk track in North Carolina and watch outlaw kart racing. Had 8 classes. Less then 100 people in the stands and I watched a 6 year old kid win $200 CASH. Pit pass was $15. Signup was $25. Track even had “house cars” you could rent and race that night.
Every class paid cash money... no crap trophy for 7th place.
I wonder how they can do it?

And the sound... the kids karts run 125 engines. The adult karts.... 500 smokers. It was AMAZING
If they bring that to Ohio, I’m in.

Looks like a quad.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app