Mx classes

You
The most interesting thing I find about this thread and the 457 others that have been posted like this, is that we always focus on what the rider wants or needs. Has anyone thought about asking spectators what they expect when they come to an event? Maybe if we appealed to spectators more, then we would have a an awesome crowd, and we wouldn't need 50 classes and 800 entries. Maybe hybrid moto is a turn toward the spectator and the crowd. Maybe we should hand out chainless chainsaws, air horns, and flags at the gate?
you need a Moto Band!!!!
I know one.

D5F14150-B036-4319-A77D-FB49EB507F71.jpeg
Oh oh I know. You can rent chain saws and air horns!!!

I like what your thinking here... I assume MX spectators are the same as NASCAR spectators. They want to drink beer and watch crashes. Current format of moto is not conducive for spectators. 3 hours is the max you can get people to watch. That is why SX gets tons more than MX. You can see it all, its done in 3 hours and they can drink a cold PBR and watch sick racers ramp their dirt bikes and crash.
After watching 6 years of poor performances at the MXoN, maybe we should only focus on SX anyway. Australia beat the US and did not even need Reed.... Sorry, off topic And did you know the Netherlands is roughly the same size of District 11... WTF, how did we lose to them? Why does Team France not wear all white gear?

So maybe we focus on marketing moto 2 to spectators, I think most can get the second motos done within 3 hours. So now what would entice them? The thing I really watching instead of my kid is someone that can really throw down. Maybe we do away with 250A, put one of those guys in another class and pay them an amount for every rider they lap. You may get the crashes in there too.

We can be assured of one thing. Sharc.wont be there either way! The guy hasn't raced a local race in how long? Dave and I and our boys probably race more races than most on this site. And sharc is not there unless it's a qualifier or regional.

We can be assured of one thing. Sharc.wont be there either way! The guy hasn't raced a local race in how long? Dave and I and our boys probably race more races than most on this site. And sharc is not there unless it's a qualifier or regional.
3 Corporate sponsors now -
For God's sake, Pull the trigger guys ----Billions to satisfy & millions to be made

So the next time anyone sees Sharc at a race, make sure we gets right off the bike after his moto and runs to the fence to watch 65sr or both riders in 25+. Cause that is why he is there, to spectate.
ZERO hours this year and enjoyed every second of it.
I don't want flaggers interested in the race, That's NOT what they are there for.
Dude please on the prep. I have always liked it rough and rutted. Oh, and I don't mind deep ruts filled with water. Its MX and we are all on the same track. (well, not me this year)
The same "spectators" we get now will continue to come. Moto Mom's, Dads Wallet and the occasional Pit Skank there to watch her man win a 15th place trophy in the C class.

I watch MY boys ---- not your's ....Doh!

That's because you're so core bro ---no one as core. We get it....

The goons getting a thrill out of revvvvvving the chain saws made me think of Harley Riders.
Relax folks -- they're just Euro Harley goons-!

This post has become a weird contest of negativity between regulars on here. I would like a local race with less classes and longer motos so I could get more riding in race format with a shorter overall day than current races offer. That’s all. Otherwise I’ll open ride and only race big LL events

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Ok – more on J.O.’s idea – It may have legs. Stick with me for a second on this bro -

I’ve never done any promoting so you’ll have to fill the holes in my leaky sponge and all….but anyway.

Second moto for the A guys. Last moto of the day.

Drop the gate for the Vet goobers.

Line up A class.

Just before the goobers make a lap drop the A gate.

A guys race full lap (or ?) before catching up to the goobers

The goobers have different colored vests on depending on their first moto finish.

A guys get points for lapping – each goober counts (maybe more points for passing a higher placing goober –

Last lap. A riders have the opportunity to score more points by cleaning out the goober pre-determined before the race and known to only the A guy and the fans.

Oh- and to make it cool. Goobers can jump all they want. A guys no- jumping (they have to ride them like pit pikes)

Methinks John250 would be the smear-the-gqueoober far too many times.

The whole longer motos. Shorter days been beat to death for years. Has been tried once or twice and nobody shows up.....it’s always a bust.

Ok – more on J.O.’s idea – It may have legs. Stick with me for a second on this bro -

I’ve never done any promoting so you’ll have to fill the holes in my leaky sponge and all….but anyway.

Second moto for the A guys. Last moto of the day.

Drop the gate for the Vet goobers.

Line up A class.

Just before the goobers make a lap drop the A gate.

A guys race full lap (or ?) before catching up to the goobers

The goobers have different colored vests on depending on their first moto finish.

A guys get points for lapping – each goober counts (maybe more points for passing a higher placing goober –

Last lap. A riders have the opportunity to score more points by cleaning out the goober pre-determined before the race and known to only the A guy and the fans.

Oh- and to make it cool. Goobers can jump all they want. A guys no- jumping (they have to ride them like pit pikes)
put the fast guys in 2nd or 3rd and remove the shifter.

Gonna go ride with my Harley goons all next week!
Yep for sure. Actually think I am going to have my Rinehart baffles swapped out for the competition baffles for even more sound. Just to piss off a liberal.

As for the goober thing....bring it on. I am tough. Just remember when I see the A rider coming and see how fast he is, I might take his ass out first!

Back