Mx classes

Well-

After you close down concessions, double the parking needed, sign-up open all day yet needs to process quicker, Scoring - same thing, flaggers may have a longer day (weeee!), machine guys need to do track prep - How many times now?, Re water - OK ????. no spectators, guys going SLOW, big gaps between riders, This is stale so i'm not watching any more because i can tell they'er going to finish up this way despite how many more laps they do.

Not moto

Can I get a - that's Hare Scrambles or GP or WORCS or Enduro

Sou
Well-

After you close down concessions, double the parking needed, sign-up open all day yet needs to process quicker, Scoring - same thing, flaggers may have a longer day (weeee!), machine guys need to do track prep - How many times now?, Re water - OK ????. no spectators, guys going SLOW, big gaps between riders, This is stale so i'm not watching any more because i can tell they'er going to finish up this way despite how many more laps they do.

Not moto

Sounds like a national event

All it takes is 2 very serious corporate sponsors and the dream is a reality. Hybrid Moto coming in 2019!

I'm cool with it, we can combine all 50 of you in one gate drop, then run practice after to make up the rest of the money lost.

Sharc I really don't understand why you are against this...or any change for that matter. Why not TRY something different? If it does not work then you can go back to the way it was... and has been.
If it is for the sake of arguing, that's fine, I like that. But if you really just want the same program time after time, then you have your pick of... well every other race... anywhere and everywhere.
Knowing when exactly when you need to get there, how much seat time you will get AND the exact time you will be done is a huge bonus for many.
Why would concession close any earlier than normal? If anything it may be open longer with new fresh hungry faces showing up every other hour.
It is 2018, almost 2019. Signup and scoring should be done with the swipe of a credit card and a RFID sticker on your helmet.
Flaggers will be the same amount of time so that is a push.
Track prep should be the same. Actually I would prefer less. We don't need the entire track ripped back up at intermission, let the damn thing get rough.
Spectators? you mean both of them? yeah, they don't care.
Big gaps, big whoop. No one watches anyway unless it is the A class. Have all the gap you want, its a timed moto so that's not going to hold up the program.

Sharc I really don't understand why you are against this...or any change for that matter. Why not TRY something different? If it does not work then you can go back to the way it was... and has been.
Not against it in the least - I hear a giant sucking sound for the promoter -

Knowing when exactly when you need to get there, how much seat time you will get AND the exact time you will be done is a huge bonus for many.
Exactly ......Close the concessions. You don't eat concession food before a moto (oh, wait an EXTRA LONG MOTO) ....yeah, throw some extra onions on that chilly dog for me...

Why would concession close any earlier than normal? If anything it may be open longer with new fresh hungry faces showing up every other hour.
Close earlier? Don't bother opening it up. You'll have the wrong food at the wrong time for people that really don't want to be there any longer than needed.

It is 2018, almost 2019. Signup and scoring should be done with the swipe of a credit card and a RFID sticker on your helmet.
Hasn't happened yet - get busy man -

You'll know how to keep them interested in a less interesting race

Track prep should be the same.
Waht?

Actually I would prefer less.
....dude, please.

We don't need the entire track ripped back up at intermission, let the damn thing get rough.
....who is we? How many hours on the KX this year Brah???

Spectators can be a cash cow ---- Local MX (up here anyways) always has tons of spectators.

Big gaps, big whoop. No one watches anyway unless it is the A class. Have all the gap you want, its a timed moto so that's not going to hold up the program.
I watch all my boys --every lap, every chance. And they do the same.

--- Get Busy ...RUN IT !!! ---

Last edited:
Well-

Not moto

Wow, could you be any more negative??

Why do would any of your negative ideas be needed? Close concessions down??? People wont eat ? Double the parking??? Hopefully when 2x the amount of riders show up the 3rd year running this program and the word gets out how great it is. Sign up all day, yes but the people who do that are there all day any how. Why do yo think it will be a longer day? Going to run less classes and longer motos. Thats less gate drops, less wasted time between motos. Why are we not having spectators ? Why do we need to prep more? Shorter day. And you arent watching the race because you arent there as a spectator, remember ??? Most races are that way now, you know the winner by lap 2. And the ones that are close now will be close in longer motos unless the superior rider is in better shape.

If its not moto running longer motos on a straight MX track, then WTF is a pro national? This is a normal MX race just longer motos and you know when your running them. Shorter day for riders with more seat time. I dont get this hare scramble angle you are coming from, did I miss the woods sections????

Did you start smoking crack??? Your rant is full of holes but unlike a sponge it doesnt hold any water.

Im still in awe here.....

Cant for the life of me understand why there would be NO spectators. And NO concessions???

It will still be the same spectators coming with racers. Some people will race more than one class and be there eating, watching all day. Some come in groups with there buds, they will be there most of the day.

Amazing how negative a person who claims all others who dont agree with him are idiots can be.

And actually signup is done by swiping a card now at most tracks. Still need to ditch the slips in OMA like some others have but its starting to come around.

If it is for the sake of arguing, that's fine, I like that. But if you really just want the same program time after time, then you have your pick of... well every other race... anywhere and everywhere.
Track prep should be the same. Actually I would prefer less. We don't need the entire track ripped back up at intermission, let the damn thing get rough.

Right on Knox.

The most interesting thing I find about this thread and the 457 others that have been posted like this, is that we always focus on what the rider wants or needs. Has anyone thought about asking spectators what they expect when they come to an event? Maybe if we appealed to spectators more, then we would have a an awesome crowd, and we wouldn't need 50 classes and 800 entries. Maybe hybrid moto is a turn toward the spectator and the crowd. Maybe we should hand out chainless chainsaws, air horns, and flags at the gate?

Oh my God - Really guys - !!
Let's at least be honest before we bury some track owner.

Hopefully when 2x the amount of riders show up the 3rd year running this program and the word gets out how great it is.
Hope?

GTFO Really-?

Why do yo think it will be a longer day? Going to run less classes and longer motos. Thats less gate drops, less wasted time between motos.
I thought it was all about getting gate drops....?

Why are we not having spectators ?
again - who is we? They'er not going to come. Why?????? BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO THE TRACK TO RIDE YOUR BIKE AND BE BACK HOME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Why do we need to prep more?
To make sure those hills aren't TOOOOOO Steep

Shorter day. And you arent watching the race because you arent there as a spectator, remember ??? Most races are that way now, you know the winner by lap 2. And the ones that are close now will be close in longer motos unless the superior rider is in better shape.
Waht?

If its not moto running longer motos on a straight MX track, then WTF is a pro national? This is a normal MX race just longer motos and you know when your running them. Shorter day for riders with more seat time. I dont get this hare scramble angle you are coming from, did I miss the woods sections????

Did you start smoking crack??? Your rant is full of holes but unlike a sponge it doesnt hold any water.
.....Waht?

The most interesting thing I find about this thread and the 457 others that have been posted like this, is that we always focus on what the rider wants or needs. Has anyone thought about asking spectators what they expect when they come to an event? Maybe if we appealed to spectators more, then we would have a an awesome crowd, and we wouldn't need 50 classes and 800 entries. Maybe hybrid moto is a turn toward the spectator and the crowd. Maybe we should hand out chainless chainsaws, air horns, and flags at the gate?

F- Yeah------
now pass that crack pipe.....

So the next time anyone sees Sharc at a race, make sure we gets right off the bike after his moto and runs to the fence to watch 65sr or both riders in 25+. Cause that is why he is there, to spectate.
ZERO hours this year and enjoyed every second of it.
I don't want flaggers interested in the race, That's NOT what they are there for.
Dude please on the prep. I have always liked it rough and rutted. Oh, and I don't mind deep ruts filled with water. Its MX and we are all on the same track. (well, not me this year)
The same "spectators" we get now will continue to come. Moto Mom's, Dads Wallet and the occasional Pit Skank there to watch her man win a 15th place trophy in the C class.

I like what your thinking here... I assume MX spectators are the same as NASCAR spectators. They want to drink beer and watch crashes. Current format of moto is not conducive for spectators. 3 hours is the max you can get people to watch. That is why SX gets tons more than MX. You can see it all, its done in 3 hours and they can drink a cold PBR and watch sick racers ramp their dirt bikes and crash.
After watching 6 years of poor performances at the MXoN, maybe we should only focus on SX anyway. Australia beat the US and did not even need Reed.... Sorry, off topic And did you know the Netherlands is roughly the same size of District 11... WTF, how did we lose to them? Why does Team France not wear all white gear?

Back