Mx classes

jj584

PR Addict
Since everybody is listening to this thread. How hard is it to get transponders? I would pay some extra for one on a practice day or race day. Would be fun for bench racing, counting laps, lap times bragging amongst friends on who swings the biggest pipe!

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Ok, I see we are on different ends of the spectrum again. How about a compromise. I will run what we should call Hybrid Moto or some other catchy named event next year, IF, I can get some major sponsors/event partners onboard to HELP keep the event in the black, AND If I can get this event into a position where as a business I feel it its the same risk and reward as my King of the Cliff event, which is our 3rd place race in the pecking order of event success, then Im in. If you guys believe in this event, I can try to give it the best chance to succeed with a solid and efficient race program on the best track possible. So here's an opportunity to support in what you believe in. Time to step up. CK-1, DHDS01, and anyone else that wants to see me eat crow on this, bring it.

I guess we will know when my schedule is released who talks the talk, and who walks the walk.
Atta boy. Hopefully this back surgery will go well and I can ride again. If so, sure would like to rip a fivehundy around the cliff. Time for another bike rebuild.

hershey

PR Elite
Ok, I see we are on different ends of the spectrum again. How about a compromise. I will run what we should call Hybrid Moto or some other catchy named event next year, IF, I can get some major sponsors/event partners onboard to HELP keep the event in the black, AND If I can get this event into a position where as a business I feel it its the same risk and reward as my King of the Cliff event, which is our 3rd place race in the pecking order of event success, then Im in. If you guys believe in this event, I can try to give it the best chance to succeed with a solid and efficient race program on the best track possible. So here's an opportunity to support in what you believe in. Time to step up. CK-1, DHDS01, and anyone else that wants to see me eat crow on this, bring it.

I guess we will know when my schedule is released who talks the talk, and who walks the walk.

Im all in, the problem is rarely does a new and inventive idea make the big bucks right off the bat. Like anything, it takes time to catch on and have people who attend and like it spread the word. Im all about helping bring in sponsors and anything else I can to help a one off event to see the possibilities. But it will take CTMX style promotion, the draw of epic BC prep and lots of time to pull off. I honestly believe it can be done. Im willing to talk to you about it if you are serious.

hershey

PR Elite
Since everybody is Thenlistening to this thread. How hard is it to get transponders? I would pay some extra for one on a practice day or race day. Would be fun for bench racing, counting laps, lap times bragging amongst friends on who swings the biggest pipe!

Not cheap. The receiver system is about 4k give or take and the transponder rentals are 10 bucks or you can buy them for around 150 I think. I would imagine having the Escore people there isnt cheap either. Motosponder can be done without escore but the equipment price is the same on the system but rfi transponders are about 5 bucks.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
I like the sounds of the idea of the new event for next year. Jeremy, how about the event being planned between Regional and Loretta's dates, like last weekend of June - Mid July race date, as the one off for this event to get all of those serious riders getting ready for Loretta's to the gate and help make it a training event for Loretta's!!!! The problem that I usually run into when thinking about racing is exactly the complaints already documented.......... the day is Sun up to Sun down, about 5 minutes of 2 motos per class spread out over the 12 hour day. That doesn't help the 20 minute plus 1 lap riding that is needed at Loretta Lynns, so I can go Open practice and ride 30 minute motos for training and spend 1/4 of the time at the track to do so. But I need to get some gate drops in and run some starts that I also don't get at open practice.......

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Not cheap. The receiver system is about 4k give or take and the transponder rentals are 10 bucks or you can buy them for around 150 I think. I would imagine having the Escore people there isnt cheap either. Motosponder can be done without escore but the equipment price is the same on the system but rfi transponders are about 5 bucks.
The RFID stickers are cheaper

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I like the sounds of the idea of the new event for next year. Jeremy, how about the event being planned between Regional and Loretta's dates, like last weekend of June - Mid July race date, as the one off for this event to get all of those serious riders getting ready for Loretta's to the gate and help make it a training event for Loretta's!!!! The problem that I usually run into when thinking about racing is exactly the complaints already documented.......... the day is Sun up to Sun down, about 5 minutes of 2 motos per class spread out over the 12 hour day. That doesn't help the 20 minute plus 1 lap riding that is needed at Loretta Lynns, so I can go Open practice and ride 30 minute motos for training and spend 1/4 of the time at the track to do so. But I need to get some gate drops in and run some starts that I also don't get at open practice.......

We will have see what the schedules are next year. My daughters race schedule and my AQ (if I get one) are top priority dates for me. Typically the date I have free is roughly July 15th or so (the weekend after mid-ohio), which is marked territory in Southern Ohio. Just saying.

John250

PR Founding Father
Motos at the cliff are probably closer to 8 minutes. And just and honestly, the days at most tracks anymore are not 12 hours. Hell last year I was one of the last to leave malverns battle race and that was about 4pm. Same with BC. Their early race this year I think I was on the road about 3 or 330.

Ron505

PR Founding Father

I'm very interested in this. Let us talk.

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Does everyone think it would work at the end of the season? I know a lot of people go to Mini Os so would it be viable to run it the second weekend of November? This way the guys going to Mini Os will get an extra race and you'll have the guys who want longer motos but I don't see a need to throw a ton of money at something like this the first go around

John250

PR Founding Father
No I dont. Buckeye Series is already seeing a drop in my opinion. This time of year with school sports, etc many people have put racing on the back burner

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Does everyone think it would work at the end of the season? I know a lot of people go to Mini Os so would it be viable to run it the second weekend of November? This way the guys going to Mini Os will get an extra race and you'll have the guys who want longer motos but I don't see a need to throw a ton of money at something like this the first go around

If its after labor day the sponsorship requirements just went up. Honestly that's when I would have the most time, but I agree with John, the numbers do go down slightly in the fall. With one exception. Chillitown Halloween race. However they pull good numbers anytime they have a race. Probably could pull 300 in January.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Touche Mr.

Am I wrong though? does this thing really have wheels, or should we be doing better things with our time?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
With more laps I think the only difference is going to be the gaps between us will just be that much more spread apart.
And - more guys blowing jumps / sections and being general spodes - because of exhaustion

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
With more laps I think the only difference is going to be the gaps between us will just be that much more spread apart.
And - more guys blowing jumps / sections and being general spodes - because of exhaustion

Just gotta change your riding style bro. Pace thyself. I don't ride EROC races balls to the wall, still jump my stuff and hit my lines on the moto. Just a little bit slower, turn down the aggression. EROC I don't usually get arm pump either.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm not going to put a negative spin on something I personally haven't tried so I'll back off after this - but
Go look at the lap times for Baja's extended Moto's
Pay attention to the gaps.
The checkers is a boring spot when they come through about every 20 seconds

It's MX racing - No slow sections -no woods - trails - ect.

......Who is going to be able to wick it up a notch on the last two laps and make up 20 seconds on the guy in front of him ? (not you or me -!)
And if you believe that you can then either your turtling around to begin with or have never raced guys your own speed on an MX track.

Nano seconds make the difference - the longer you wait, the more stale it becomes

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Sharky, this in a nut shell is why Ohio races suck at or even making it to LL. We are soft. 4 laps and we are spent BECAUSE that's all we race. Put them in a 20 + 2 moto and you can time them with a sundial.
Its not a matter of wicking it up the last two laps. It is being able to maintain your lap time from lap 1 to lap 10.
I find it hard to believe anyone loves the sport more than I, but if you sit back and watch a local race, few if any 4 lap moto's end in a nail biter. The checkers are almost always boring. Ask your wife, this sport is boring unless you are racing.
I heard the "one lap wonder" race at East Fork ended in a close finish.
I just like the idea of a different (LIMITED) class structure. We just don't need all these classes. If someone's feeling are hurt so bad that they cant handle the idea of going home without a trophy, maybe we don't need those riders.