Anybody go to Smith Rd. today?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I went out- mostly to check 'er out, and goof off on the C track. I took a lap on the main track to see how the layout went. I thought it was pretty good! May need a little fine tuning- but all in all I thought it was fun!

C track was alotta fun too. Quite a few people riding on it all day. I saw a mom, some GF's, older fellows, kids, pit bike guys, etc. Has some elevation changes, and that cool drop off jump thingy. May need a little fine tuning too, but everyone was all smiles and having a good time ridin' on it.

When I ran into Larry- he had a big smile for me, and asked how I liked it! Told me he put it there just for me! Haha! Perfect day and a good turnout as far as I could tell. How'd the rest of you guys like it? --L*64

jj584

PR Addict
Need some pics and a play by play of the layout. We couldn’t make it and wish we could’ve checked it out.

premix

PR Member
We went. Main track layout was great and it appears there are some other jumps/sections that they will be able to work in. They didn't rip it very deep but when I talked to Larry they got an hours worth of rain that morning so they didn't have time to rip everything. Once it gets ripped, it will be great. They did cut the back part out for the "C" track, which from what I saw there were a ton of people using.

They also put fencing in to keep everyone from entering/exiting as they please. Good job on that.

mawilk6

PR Member
We went. Main track layout was great and it appears there are some other jumps/sections that they will be able to work in. They didn't rip it very deep but when I talked to Larry they got an hours worth of rain that morning so they didn't have time to rip everything. Once it gets ripped, it will be great. They did cut the back part out for the "C" track, which from what I saw there were a ton of people using.

They also put fencing in to keep everyone from entering/exiting as they please. Good job on that.
i saw those two tabletops off to the side back by the rollers but they didnt look like they were done. it will be nice if the add those to the layout and it will give you a longer lap time

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
They ought to keep that C track open all day during the race days- and/or sell passes for it so you can keep entertained while waiting for your class to come up. Another benefit is that it keeps kids or whatever off the main track on practice days where there have been close calls. I think they're doing a good job there at the 'Road. --L*64

531stonewall

PR Member
Pretty much exact track as last year with Mybe 35 sec cut off for the “c” track. After blowing the doors off about 20 D level riders I went to the front and ask the lady why I have to pay 25$ to ride the A/b track when the goons pay $20 and ride any track they want ?

Track was barely prepped for being closed all year.
Any riders with skill will be disappointed same song and dance

Unfortunate this Stonewall guy is on here complaining. My response to Smith Road is thanks guys for all the hard work and effort and giving up your weekend to give us another fun place to ride in Ohio. I had a blast and thought the changes were great. Definitely a solid improvement over years past. And anyone who is affended by this stonewall character calling riders out. It’s all good us faster guys know how to get around people and not complain about it. Don’t let people like that pull you down keep riding and have fun! Keep it up Smith crew I like the direction you guys are going!!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Hard to please everyone I guess. IMO- Smith Rd. as a whole is a C, D, F friendly track. The benefit of the C track as you saw Sunday- was that it had riders on it that wouldn’t have ridden on the main track, on bikes that wouldn’t cut it due to deep ruts and such.Those riders got to ride, they paid to ride, and it kept some slower riders out of the way on the main track. Other than cutting a little bit off the big track- I don’t see any negs there?

When it comes to any riding spot, it takes all the entries to make it happen. If you only accepted the good riders, nobody would have a place to ride. Not only that, it’s easy to forget that $h!tty riders are having just as much fun as the good ones, and they pay just as much. So- even though the owners do what they do as a job, we should be thankful to have a riding spot that’s close to home. Even if there may be room for improvement. —L*64

531stonewall

PR Member
Unfortunate this Stonewall guy is on here complaining. My response to Smith Road is thanks guys for all the hard work and effort and giving up your weekend to give us another fun place to ride in Ohio. I had a blast and thought the changes were great. Definitely a solid improvement over years past. And anyone who is affended by this stonewall character calling riders out. It’s all good us faster guys know how to get around people and not complain about it. Don’t let people like that pull you down keep riding and have fun! Keep it up Smith crew I like the direction you guys are going!!
Im calling riders out that straight lied at sign up said they were riding the “c” track paid 20$ then road the a/b track .
You and lucky two of them ?

jj584

PR Addict
s**t cracks me up, if you don’t like it don’t go there. Your not McGrath nohbodys showing up for your autograph or to watch you ride. I don’t like Applebee’s! You see my ass eating there then running my mouth about how much it sucked? I didn’t even ride the new smith yet, but damn it’s ten minutes from my house and it’s better than nothing. Haters gonna hate bitches gonna bitch!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Hahaha! I took a lap at 5 O’clock after the other riders were off. I was on my C track cruiser trail bike. I just wanted to see the layout. I guess if you look at it like that- there were some guys checking out the C track on 450’s too. They weren’t making a day out of it. They were just checking it out. Maybe they wanted to see if their kids or GFs could ride it?

Anyway- I asked for opinions, and yours is as good as any. If somebody asked if I ever went to Applebee’s, and if I liked it? I’d tell them yes, and I didn’t like it. So I don’t think you’re out of line at all. —L*64

hershey

PR Elite
s**t cracks me up, if you don’t like it don’t go there. Your not McGrath nohbodys showing up for your autograph or to watch you ride. I don’t like Applebee’s! You see my ass eating there then running my mouth about how much it sucked? I didn’t even ride the new smith yet, but damn it’s ten minutes from my house and it’s better than nothing. Haters gonna hate bitches gonna bitch!

So Lucky asked what everyone thought ..... you dont like what Stonewall had to say so you call him a hater.

People like YOU are the problem. The entire point of this board, social media in general and America is being able to voice your opinion. Only butt hurt people get upset when they hear an opinion they dont like. Next youre going to be calling for banning members who dont meet your standards!! Lmao.

As for the negative comments....Ive said it a million times, a smart track owner would use the info and address it as they see fit. Social media is by far the absolute BEST market research tool for any business owner!!!

Ill check it out the next weds I can ride for sure!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
I agree. I asked, and his opinion is as good as any. I do disagree about blowing past A and B riders though. I don’t think the owners meant that all C riders belong on the C track. I think they just call it that for lack of a better name. Smith Rd. Is inherently a haven for C riders, trail guys, Vets... just because it’s mostly a natural terrain setup. I’m a Vet/C rider, and I’d be fine on the main track on a big bike. BC’s A/B track? I stay the hell off of that! —L*64