Daytona Supercross

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Starting to consider this for next year - for you guys that have gone previously let me know your thoughts on the whole deal (I know it's $$).

I see you can get your tickets for admission and camping right from the RC Supercross site. This year if you purchase your admission before the deadline you get your Saturday supercross ticket with it, if you miss the deadline it is going to be extra.

We would most likely just get the non-hook up camping since they have water available there and I don't need their cable. But I also found that you could get the Geico campsites direct from Daytona Intl. Speedway, with a number of location options. These include two general admission tickets as well. If I'm looking at this right, I would probably save a couple of hundred bucks to book the campsite through them and probably have just an extra 100 yard walk to the SX track.

Can anyone provide some insight?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Boom - Our thoughts as well.

It's a good time -!
So different from a national or a indoor SX. It's a cool vibe all it's own.
All paved, bathrooms, great vendors, great track access.

Plus, it's motorcycles, motorcycles and more motorcycles.
Everywhere-!

Will you be racing?
How long will you be there?

I did the full camping hookup last year and feel it was not needed for the short time we were there.
The spots are tight - super tight after all the jumbo rigs make their way in.
Plus you have to arrive when they say and leave when they say.
No generators was a plus.
We plan on spending more time this year so we were looking at the Speedway camping as a alternative to the RC camping stuff.

The free camping offered in the RC deal ended up being really nice.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Double check on the General admission ticket.
I believe only the RC racers had the wrist bands needed to hang out by the track on sat evening.
I think General Adm. needed to be in the stands.
I may be wrong on that....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Our wrist bands got us full access - using the Zumas to rip between the expo in the front and the SX inside the speedway.

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Our wrist bands got us full access - using the Zumas to rip between the expo in the front and the SX inside the speedway.
From what i am reading, if you do camping through Geico/DIS you can come and go as you please 24 hours starting on Friday. With RC camping if you don’t get there by Friday at 7:00 you have to wait until Saturday morning to get in campground.

Your Geico campsite gets you two general admission tickets. They are offering a trackside access upgrade for another $20 which I believe will get you around where you would be if you got the RC tickets.

There is three of us (my son will be doing the racing, I stick to the eating, drinking, changing air filters). It looks like the Geico campsites might give you a bit more space, and might be a little closer to the main event than the non-hook-up RC spots.

The website info for both is a bit confusing. I don’t think the RC non-hook-up campsites is bad at all for $160, it’s the additional $110 admission per person that really adds up after paying for a couple classes.

Take some time and read both websites for tickets and camping and let me know how you interpret it.
Thanks.

John250

PR Founding Father
We have raced it every year. It is a great race to race for sure. We don't camp, so I really cant chime in on any of that, but the spots are tight. The registration used to include your entry. Last year they lowered the cost of the registration from $150 to $85, but then you had to buy your entry ticket. Your entry ticket includes a general admission SX ticket for Saturday night. You can watch track side, or we go into the front stretch stands and watch from the General Admission seats, because it is a much better view. If you want to stand track side on the front stretch, they charge you extra.

Track time is pretty good. Decent practice, 6 lap heats and 8 lap mains. More than most local races. They tame the track down a little, but it is still fun, yet pretty safe. Races usually run like clock work.

I anyone is looking or a condo to stay in for the week of Bike Week, I will have one unit for rent. Let me know.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Speedway is easy in and easy out if you don’t want to camp....but camping is part of the atmosphere I’m sure. But if your wife isn’t about track life living.....

My wife and I have an 1100 sq foot house that sits empty most the year about 20 minutes from the speedway. 5 minutes from new Smyrna beach. As we get closer to the date send me a message if any of you would want to rent it out for a week or two. $550 one week. $950 for two weeks.

At this time I don’t tbink my wife and I will be going this year so should be vacant....

jrminiquad

PR Addict
Has anyone looked into this anymore as far as the camping/admission through RC Supercross site vs the Daytona Speedway/Geico camping site?

If I am looking at this correct, getting the campsite gets you two general admission tickets in the stands for Saturday night's race, but you can't get in the special Ricky Carmichael stands for the amateur racers. I know seating in that is limited anyways, so I'm not sure we would even use them.

The Geico campsite pricing says it comes with "Two five-day admission to the infield, general admission frontstretch seats, the UNOH Fanzone, and garage access". An additional wristband for our third person is an extra $100, which I am assuming gets you everything the other two get. I may have to just call them.

Info is at: http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Events/2019/DAYTONA-Supercross/GEICO-Camping.aspx

Looks like we would only save about $90 by going with the Geico campsites, and it does say those are 20' X 40' vs the RC one which say 20' X 55'. Looks like the Geico sites may be closer though.?

Has anyone gone this route?

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
We ( Cameron, Rich & I ) just did the MX sports route again this year.
We were thinking of staying a bit longer and gong with the Speedway camping but with Vintage on Tuesday that makes it long enough.
Yes, some of the Speedway camping is a bit closer.
We rode through some of them at times - to get to the track.
It's all relatively close.
A pit scoot makes it all happen quick.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Best seats are in the stands. You don’t wanna stand on that speedway bank. Unless you make a 45 degree standing block.

The amatuer seats limit your viewing in my opinion.

BYOB in the big house.thst speedway is amazing.

John250

PR Founding Father
Best seats are in the stands. You don’t wanna stand on that speedway bank. Unless you make a 45 degree standing block.

The amatuer seats limit your viewing in my opinion.

BYOB in the big house.thst speedway is amazing.
We take our general admission Pro SX tickets (that come with the RC package), and always sit in the general admission section of the Winston tower or whatever it is called these days. You see the whole track, and they are the best seats for seeing all the action in my opinion. About 3 or 4 years ago, they took the center section out of the General Admission part (which sucks), but right to the left or right is still GA, and great seats. I would NEVER pay extra to stand on the front stretch, and the seats on Pit road, both have limited viewing for the Pro SX in my opinion.

Vet261

PR Addict
We stood on the speedway last year to watch, it was awesome. Except for the fact like Georgie said that my ankles were bent for the next 10 hours. How do chics wear 8" heels?

When I go to any race like that I try to get as close as possible. I really don't care about overall view because I'm just going to go home and re-watch the TV version anyway. I like to be right down there and at Daytona it was great because Brayton won and we were right down there seeing how happy he was.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
/\ This -
I hung on the fence by the whoops & finish line jump.
Getting hit with their roost & feeling the ground thud when they land made for an awesome evening.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My dad brother and I watched Stewart launch that single years ago during practice. That was insane. My neck couldn’t bend that high. Had to arch my back to keep him in sight.

John250

PR Founding Father
Any of you vets thinking about racing Daytona, might want to get signed up. 40+ b/c and 50+ only have 5 slots left in both classes.

What's that tell you about our sport. The two vet classes are the only ones with limited slots already.

pape718

PR Member
Any of you vets thinking about racing Daytona, might want to get signed up. 40+ b/c and 50+ only have 5 slots left in both classes.

What's that tell you about our sport. The two vet classes are the only ones with limited slots already.
There is alot of cherry pickers still out there