Supercross Futures

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
With these events now just around the corner & seeing that folks have the opportunity to hit a few of these within reasonable driving distance, I figured we could use a post with info pertaining just to them.

The who?
The where?
The when?
What class?
With whom?
Where will you stay?
How did you do?
What did you see?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
The 50sr was full, he hasn't rode his 50 since getting the 65. It might get difficult to have him race a 50 for the 2 years he is eligible to race them... So I said screw it and signed him up for the 65 class. He has been riding it great at Ramjam so hopefully it goes well and he has a good time.

Does anyone know if when I get my $30 mechanics pass if I have to buy a $25 spectator ticket also?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I think the track looks similar like pymatuning back in 2000s. Very jumpy and hard pack. (But man didnt we all bitch about Pyma track being horrid)

I like hard pack though. Id like to hit one of these for shits and giggles maybe later when the baby is bigger.

John250

PR Founding Father
I bet the fast Amateurs start hitting a lot of these races for sure. SX is where it is in America. Like I said, I can see where this could be big for getting noticed and LL might be second fiddle to getting a 250 SX ride.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
not sure if its just because i havent rode more than 5 laps in the last 3 months or so or what but watching that makes me real tempted to just sign up for indy!

pretty crazy how much they tame it down... and no whoops wtf!! you'd think with this being the new road to supercross it would have been a little more challenging.. im getting old and slower every time i ride so that looks like fun to me.. but to fast b rider or any a riders... booringgggg

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I don't know man....In the vid where Jalek Swoll eats s**t (broken pelvis) it don't look all that tame.

It's racing and I see tricky timing sections, jumps into turns an triple's being hucked on a surface that looks to be as hard as concrete.

Bill480

PR Addict
not sure if its just because i havent rode more than 5 laps in the last 3 months or so or what but watching that makes me real tempted to just sign up for indy!

pretty crazy how much they tame it down... and no whoops wtf!! you'd think with this being the new road to supercross it would have been a little more challenging.. im getting old and slower every time i ride so that looks like fun to me.. but to fast b rider or any a riders... booringgggg
when i first started watching that vid i was like perfect!

then they started jumping s**t. how gay.

hershey

PR Elite
These look awesome, more than half the classes are full for Indy already. Im afraid I would get mowed over in the +40 class though. Id be in if they had +50 for sure.

owndjoo

PR Member
Crazy they don’t have any whoops. That’s a staple of indoor racing. Probably my favorite obstacle.

Vet261

PR Addict
After watching the first video I posted, then watch this one.

Open C rider trying to learn the jumps and you can see them a little better. Makes you realize the B rider above was cruising over some decent sized gaps.

Watch the whole vid, eventually he starts hitting jumps and ends up crashing. This video is more representative of how I would feel out there (at least 48 year old me, 35 year old me would love it).