Supercross Futures

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Yeah it was a bit windy at times.
Still,
Friday was beautiful.
Saturday was beautiful.
Sunday was...beautiful.
Monday it pissed a bit for the first few hours - never really even making the track muddy. By moto # 5 or 6 the drizzle had stopped and the sun came back out for the rest of the day.
Tue was...beautiful.

Jet ski weather? - no, but look out side man---- anything is better than this....

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
160377_cem_0049.jpg

MX955

PitRacer Pro
Last year's Daytona track was probably one of the most challenging tracks I've ever and one of the best times I've ever had at the races, can't wait to go back!

Vet261

PR Addict
I guess the issue for me was I burned a week of vacation to go to Florida, be cold, have not the greatest time riding at WW because there were 40mph winds, then get rained on at Daytona on and off. Seemed like every time I went to take the street bike out (other than the one trip up front) I was getting rained on. The only trip to the beach was driving the truck in the drizzling rain.

Then the rest of the year I was chasing that week of vacation I used in order to be cold, wet, and hardly ride. Of course it was better than Ohio and snow, but I'm just being realistic here -- it really wasn't all that great for me to use a week of vacation. The memories just seem better right now while we are stuck inside.

john lilly

PR Addict
I guess the issue for me was I burned a week of vacation to go to Florida, be cold, have not the greatest time riding at WW because there were 40mph winds, then get rained on at Daytona on and off. Seemed like every time I went to take the street bike out (other than the one trip up front) I was getting rained on. The only trip to the beach was driving the truck in the drizzling rain.

Then the rest of the year I was chasing that week of vacation I used in order to be cold, wet, and hardly ride. Of course it was better than Ohio and snow, but I'm just being realistic here -- it really wasn't all that great for me to use a week of vacation. The memories just seem better right now while we are stuck inside.

So was this the first time going there to race? I, like you, would question burning a week of vacation to go there especially if the weather is crappy. So will you go back? Trying to decide if this would be worth taking my son down for a week and doing some racing. If I do, I am hoping to mooch off of John250 and his condo or maybe tagging along with Hershey, I think he has room for me and my son. ;)

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I hear ya, it’s a crapshoot.
On Monday the rain started on cue with the first motos.

I still consider Daytona to be part of North Florida and I’ve found north Florida weather to be completely random.
Totally different weather patterns then say - Tampa and south.

On this last trip I was texting with folks in Cleveland. One of mornings Waldo had 30° and the folks in Cleveland had 31°- we laughed. I came all the way down here to be colder than home. Later that day Cameron and I were cleaning up from the day in shorts & t shirts. Cleveland still had 31.

One day WW had gotten rain overnight was getting rain most of the day so I checked with Pax. Their recording stated they were dry and riding. So I started driving. An hour into the trip it was still pouring like crazy. I thought no way but kept going. Not but a mile and a half from the track the rain stopped and the sky was blue. They hadn’t gotten anything overnight and weren’t expecting anything till late in the day. So I rode Pax -!

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
So was this the first time going there to race? I, like you, would question burning a week of vacation to go there especially if the weather is crappy. So will you go back? Trying to decide if this would be worth taking my son down for a week and doing some racing. If I do, I am hoping to mooch off of John250 and his condo or maybe tagging along with Hershey, I think he has room for me and my son. ;)
I won’t commit to any weather predictions ....but your kid will totally dig the racing.
It’s his cup of tea - trust me.
I’ve watched him ride.
It’s SX - unlike anything we have around here..
It’s Very difficult, action packed racing by the future rippers. On a killer track with a great program.
Take him - he’ll love it.
Just be prepared - he’ll be jonesin to get back on a SX track -

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Ok - here ya go..

I looked at Baldwin Fla (WW Ranch) weather because they're having a race this weekend.
Saturday High of 78 ..... Nice -!
Sunday night low of 30 .... What?
Monday high of 53... GTFO - Why did I come here?

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
So questions.
How do the races go. Heat races then main, 2 motos, Just practice then one race?

I figure there will be a good bit of down time in between practice and races. Assuming all out side pits at indy. So would it be worth it to have grandpa drive the motorhome over for a place to relax between races. Thought about him driving it over parking it in the hotel lot friday night and Saturday night then driving it over to the track on Sunday. For a place to sit with heat and power.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I’m not 100% on the classes that have more entry’s than gates, but it looks like practice- heat - main. And for sure, if grandpa’s game to drive the rig. That will make it like a vacation!

Edit: Daytona Goes through the whole gamut. If the class is split they have heats and the last chance qualifier. If the class isn’t split, you run your heat and your main.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Really interested to see what they do with the A2 track for the amateurs.
Last nights track was so super technical. Great track

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I’m not 100% on the classes that have more entry’s than gates, but it looks like practice- heat - main. And for sure, if grandpa’s game to drive the rig. That will make it like a vacation!

Edit: Daytona Goes through the whole gamut. If the class is split they have heats and the last chance qualifier. If the class isn’t split, you run your heat and your main.
If he doesnt take the motorhome, I'll probably pull my toy hauler. His MH has much more room then my TH to fit everyone in for one day