Baja Acres MX

3B3F1A53-83B1-4D17-9AE1-3B048861BC4E.jpeg

Meister sent me a shot of Him leading. Wish I was there! So proud of him.

2-2-3; Overall. So impressed with him. His wrist is broken. He slapped a wrist brace on and just made it happen. So proud of him.

I asked him "how can you even ride like that?" He said: "This don't hurt nowhere near as bad as my gut did for two months last year in the hospital."

Big congrats to Broc....I watched him ride today and he is on it. Good luck at Loretta's!!
Also, I love the shirt he has on in the pick. LMAO

View attachment 60968

Meister sent me a shot of Him leading. Wish I was there! So proud of him.

I ran from the camper to this spot to try n get this pic. Which also confirmed that I was certainly not physically ready for that event. 75 yard run had me huffin, so you know what that track did to me. Lol

Had a sweet weekend. Results don't show fun, but it's a blast in that environment. Certain sections of the track kept me ticking, other sections made me question my decision making of coming in way under prepared lol.

Had fun holler'n at the "local" boys. Great results from many. Bad luck for some. Others, won a freakin regional at one of the toughest tracks around, WITH a broken freakin arm.

Notables, McKinney with a solid 10th, silvers knocking down 3rd, Ol banger Dave Jones comin in hott, oplinger with a close one I believe, Lilly with some good runs mixed with bad luck, Darling riding good with a fall in Moto 2 (I was bummed when I came mosey'n along and saw him picking up the bike).. Tons of note worthyness from the Ohio boys this weekend!

Among the greatness, the worst part of this sport happened in front of my own two eyes this weekend. Dang 15 year old kid. Bumps were so knarly during that Moto. I can't imagine. Not gonna lie, what I saw and what happened got to me a bit.

Awesome for Broc Baker to win the overall. So happy for him after all he has been through in 18 months. That's the heart of a champion. No matter where he finishes ar the Ranch.

Matthew struggled in the sand. A get off in the first moto banged up the shoulder but he rode. Fell in a qualifying spot in LCQ of limited with a half a lap to go. Got 3rd in the Jr LCQ. Ended up 21st out of 58. It was a learning experience for sure. He says he is just gonna go ahead and turn B now.

Wyatt Kerr in the C class....hes not a C rider. Won by 15 to 20 seconds and was turning 2:12 laps at points. He would do good in B class. We will see how he does at the ranch on a different type track.

This was the 3rd race I've been at where someone has died. I agree with George, we need to talk. About safety. Many would not like my opinion. Matthew got hit by another bike when he was down. With that many bikes on the track, it happens easily. The kid that got killed they said was on the ground trying to get up and got hit right in his side. It's like my wife said, it can happen to anyone. Looking at the knobby Mark's on Matthew, couls have been him. We are lucky. I can imagine being the parents.

Liked the regional experience, but definitely would like to do it some where else.
20190622_215028.jpg
20190623_144429.jpg
41057.jpeg
41061.jpeg
20190623_144441.jpg

Great job Broc!

Meister - thanks for the taxi ride back to my pit Saturday night

Big J Lilly - you might have been the best part of the show Saturday night!

I'll be honest, I was not looking forward to the trip up there. Just anticipated my kid having bike issues and/or wrecks, which there were plenty of both. It was a great experience to be at, I just cannot imagine having to ride a track that rough. Props to all who did it.

Definitely had a difficult weekend on my end.
Overall I felt great on the track when I was on, and one little mistake would leave me under riding the bike, cautiously off pace.
Most every moto I put myself in a great position from the start, top 3s leading up to Kong. Great 1st lap charges on pace.
1st moto of Open Pro another rider hooked his bar on top of my hand in the first corner and locked my bars straight, making me ride right off the track while he was high siding into me. I don’t know how I didn’t go down there, pulled his grip right off the throttle.
Both of my 2nd motos in Open Pro and 25+ I tucked the front end and buried myself in the sand on the 2nd lap. Both falls took me 25 seconds to get going, that’s not how it’s done and pretty much told the tale of my weekend. I was riding over protective to prevent that from happening more, and you can’t ride the track like that. If the throttle and momentum isn’t going, your bike(especially suspension) is not working correctly.

All in all, I’m already in for 30+, so this weekend was great training for the ranch. I’m happy with my pace and aggression, just need to work on keeping my form after mistakes happen.

Last edited:
It was an extremely mental weekend, the risks we take are very real and sickening. I’ve never been at a race with such a tragedy going on, and I try my best to avoid hearing details. Having the kids whole camp pitted next to us and the reactions we saw was and still is haunting.
I question a lot, and feel undescribable for his family and friends.

Definitely had a difficult weekend on my end.
Overall I felt great on the track when I was on, and one little mistake would leave me under riding the bike, cautiously off pace.
Most every moto I put myself in a great position from the start, top 3s leading up to Kong. Great 1st lap charges on pace.
1st moto of Open Pro another rider hooked his bar on top of my hand in the first corner and locked my bars straight, making me ride right off the track while he was high siding into me. I don’t know how I didn’t go down there, pulled his grip right off the throttle.
Both of my 2nd motos in Open Pro and 25+ I tucked the front end and buried myself in the sand on the 2nd lap. Both falls took me 25 seconds to get going, that’s not how it’s done and pretty much told the tale of my weekend. I was riding over protective to prevent that from happening more, and you can’t ride the track like that. If the throttle and momentum isn’t going, your bike(especially suspension) is not working correctly.

All in all, I’m already in for 30+, so this weekend was great training for the ranch. I’m happy with my pace and aggression, just need to work on keeping my form after mistakes happen.

Your start game was definitely on point! You were riding really good. Fit in great at the front of the pack. I was standing 40' from the corner you fell in on Saturday morning. That thing can swallow a front wheel for sure. Super awkward spot to try and remount too.

Keep up the work, stay off the ground at the ranch, and we'll see you up in the front of +30 for sure.

Back