Baja Acres MX

I'm think of skipping practice Friday. I'm not sure I can handle 3 days of that track in a row in my current dad bod situation.. lol.. I'm having a hell of a time finding a place to stay though. Wife's picky. Trying to find a buddy with a camper or toy hauler they're not using that I could rent for the weekend. If I hotel it, I'll be hitch hiking to the track cuz my wife and kid won't wake up early enough.. lol

I'm think of skipping practice Friday. I'm not sure I can handle 3 days of that track in a row in my current dad bod situation.. lol.. I'm having a hell of a time finding a place to stay though. Wife's picky. Trying to find a buddy with a camper or toy hauler they're not using that I could rent for the weekend. If I hotel it, I'll be hitch hiking to the track cuz my wife and kid won't wake up early enough.. lol
Meister Frankenmuth must be like a tourist destination or something. I booked a long time ago and had to go 30 minutes from the track to find a room. It was crazy. I booked the
Fairfield Inn & Suites Flint Grand Blanc
mail
9044 Holly Road Grand Blanc Michigan 48439 USA

It was the only place decent I could find with vacancy. Looks to be a brand new hotel.

I found one in Flint. The Wyndham or something. I'm still going to try to get at least a camper.

I screwed up and didn't book a VRBO I found a month ago. No pets. New condo for 100 a night. Didn't find a dog sitter till last week and the VRBO is gone.

Frankenmuth must be like a tourist destination or something

Uhh, yes it is! I had been to Frankenmuth for vacation before I ever even knew about Baja MX. Also Bronner's Christmas Wonderland is right up the road from Baja.

Funny thing is that going there on vacation and seeing the "Baja MX" signs is what made me look up Baja and plan a trip there a long time ago.

Bummer to hear. I blew through that same turn one of my sessions, the line seemed to just run you off and over the berm unexpectedly. Pretty much how the lines at the track go.

The track itself was pretty tame to what I’m expecting for regionals. No doubt still tough, was definitely a good day for practice to feel out the track. Very low turnout and the moisture/rain kept it packed in a little better than usual.

I was able to dial in the bike a bit, and start to dial in sand technique, I definitely have a few things to work on there. So the plan is to stay in the sand until the regional. Planning on heading to Twisted MX this weekend for some racing and hopefully MX Express for a mid week practice day.
Twisted is a great safe track to dial some sand riding technique, nothing like Baja in the gnarly department.
Ride supercoops Saturday and race twisted Sunday.

Bring your rain gear! At least the track is sand and can survive rain. Good luck everyone and have fun!

Baja handles rain really well, however, I'm not handling it that well.:mad: Unless its an all day rain or an hour plus, down pour, the track should be fine. It amazes me how many last minute sign-ups there were, went from like 35 riders in my sons classes to like 55-65 today. Should be some good racing in all classes which I can't wait to watch. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and for us that our bike holds together. Also, does anyone know of a near by place to get "potable water," I may need to fill up the RV. If, I can find a place, I will bring up an extra drum.

Baja handles rain really well, however, I'm not handling it that well.:mad: Unless its an all day rain or an hour plus, down pour, the track should be fine. It amazes me how many last minute sign-ups there were, went from like 35 riders in my sons classes to like 55-65 today. Should be some good racing in all classes which I can't wait to watch. Hope everyone has a safe weekend and for us that our bike holds together. Also, does anyone know of a near by place to get "potable water," I may need to fill up the RV. If, I can find a place, I will bring up an extra drum.
I think the gas station soon as you get off the highway to head up to Baja has RV water fill ups

I'm heading up Friday afternoon. Found a camper to rent a few miles from the track. Avoiding toll fees for extra axles. Lol

Back