Chillitown Classic Pro-AM July 12th-14th ***3 motos!***

Its a worthless piece of land. The value was in the staff. The Chillitown staff did things I have never saw before.
Name another track that mowed stripes into the grass infield?
Fresh coat of paint on the starting gate each race.
Pumpkins lining the track for Halloween.
and on, and on......

Attention to detail was incredible.
Sad day for Ohio moto.
and we get people on here talking about how nice Scenic was. whatever....

I was late to the CTMX game, wish I raced more of their races. The track is what it is, it's fun to me but insanely hard to pass on. The whole staff from the chicks at the gate, track workers and signup ladies they were simply amazing. Everyone there was super friendly and more than happy to help.

This weekend the track was prepped to perfection with 95 degree temps and 26 classes. Saturday only 16 classes got their 2nd moto in by 6:30pm , but man Sunday they breezed thru the 2nd and 3rd motos without cutting laps and were done by 2:30pm.

I was hoping they would do the Halloween race....

The track....I know people couldn't get over it being a little small, etc. But one of the past races I did something -- I brought my 125 there and raced it instead of my 450 and I had more fun racing that weekend than I had in a long time.

I was hoping they would do the Halloween race....

The track....I know people couldn't get over it being a little small, etc. But one of the past races I did something -- I brought my 125 there and raced it instead of my 450 and I had more fun racing that weekend than I had in a long time.
Depending on your size I feel like a 125 almost has an advantage there with all the turns.

Its a worthless piece of land. The value was in the staff. The Chillitown staff did things I have never saw before.
Name another track that mowed stripes into the grass infield?
Fresh coat of paint on the starting gate each race.
Pumpkins lining the track for Halloween.
and on, and on......

Attention to detail was incredible.
Sad day for Ohio moto.
and we get people on here talking about how nice Scenic was. whatever....

My mind must be playing tricks on me.....haha - this does not seem like a CK reply.

CTMX was always a fun race to attend. I agree, if someone else takes over, they have big shoes to fill on the promotion side, and probably no one will ever do all the other activities with the race that CTMX did. All the staff were on top of their game this past weekend.

If someone takes the track back over, make it more like it was 5 or 6 years ago. As Colin mentioned, it is very hard to pass on, too many dog leg straights and the S turns create inside, inside, inside racing. But unfortunately I doubt anyone takes it over. I did hear that the fair board asked that they not bulldoze the track or take the fences down because they use it for a jeep event. The fair board will be the biggest losers $$$$. They received a lot of revenue from the lease and rental of the spots and water from what I hear.

Thanks to all the CTMX staff for putting on some great events over the years.

Back