Back when the OMA racing was fun! What happened??

hershey

PR Elite
Do you know what that sounds like to a promoter?? Your priorities are f****d up. Too long of a day? For you guys or us?? But I will be honest if you guys would be willing to pay the same price for 1 moto, I’m all ears.

Who said anything about one moto?

And listening to your target market is important, You hear the same thing over and over in every mx market....long days. But you want to argue with customers about what they are giving you. I can't say I know any successful business owner that calls his paying customers "f****d up". Lmfao....maybe youre starting a new business trend. Insulting customers to increase your profits and build your business!

How the hell did a post about missing some really cool tracks turn into something that literally helps tracks get closed ???

BINGO. Every race I've been too 40 or 45 plus has been at the end of the day. OMA or Buckeye series. I had planned to race the mid west shootout this weekend. They are racing one moto Saturday afternoon, and one moto on Sunday. Its only 35 or 40 minutes from home, but I have some where else I have to be Saturday night at 6pm. So I guess, I am probably out for the weekend. They are running practice, then one moto, then one moto sunday. 3 lap motos, but the are like almost 4 minute laps, they combined two tracks.

On a local race level, we do not need to run every class that is offered by MX Sports.
50 Jr
50 Sr
85 Jr
85 Sr
Schoolboy (super mini - 250F you pick what you want to ride)
250 A
250 B/C
450 A
450 B/C
25+
40+
Womens/Girls

13 motos. That is all we need. This is taking 10 or 11 motos off each moto, 22 for the day. Fill the gates up. No one needs all those other classes.

I desperately wish we could have a shorter class list like the old days, but I've come to accept that we can never go back. Through the 90's and 00's, promoters slowly kept adding classes to the point where we are now. I think they rely on the entry fees from almost every single person running 2-3 classes in order to keep the gates open. And the only reason people run 2-3 different classes is because the race day is so long from having so many different classes...

Unless people are willing to pay double the entry fee in order to get longer motos or a shorter race day, things are going to stay the same.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Who said anything about one moto?

And listening to your target market is important, You hear the same thing over and over in every mx market....long days. But you want to argue with customers about what they are giving you. I can't say I know any successful business owner that calls his paying customers "f****d up". Lmfao....maybe youre starting a new business trend. Insulting customers to increase your profits and build your business!

How the hell did a post about missing some really cool tracks turn into something that literally helps tracks get closed ???

Vet261 posted about Breezewood doing one moto, and that it is working. Its shutting down PAMX and MDRA or whatever, and that we had better wake up!! I'm all ears.

Go back and read the responses from the John's!

John250

PR Founding Father
The last race at BC was the latest I've ever been at BC for a race, and I blew off racing the last moto because it was going to be another hour, then loading up, etc. Couple others blew it off also.

Usually with normal weather, JO is done earlier than any other tracks. I've been one of the last motos at BC before and hitting the road before 4pm. Hopefully the next race gets back to that again.

jj584

PR Addict
I would pay more money for longer motos. I would rather the kid race 2 classes or even one with a 20 minute moto than to race three classes just so we’re not bored. Throw in some good prep. Got robbed at smith, no mid day prep and they cut the laps.

honda907

PR Addict
Vet261 posted about Breezewood doing one moto, and that it is working. Its shutting down PAMX and MDRA or whatever, and that we had better wake up!! I'm all ears.

Go back and read the responses from the John's!

BPG is doing well. Their FB page has over 28,000 followers. Place does well. It's a practice riding park open to quads, trikes and bikes.

People love it and they would fight for Dan. Dont believe me? Post a negative untrue remark on there and see what happens.....

Google Breezewood Proving grounds or look then up on FB.

Dan Harris does his own thing. Even calls his series " Outlaw Series" . Hates the AMA because the AMA is lost. Evan ran district 5 races ( before the PAMX took over) and told them they dont know racing. He did his own thing because he knows his market.

The referee from PAMX came once. I know him. He came to one race and just couldn't figure out why would people pay for such a short program. He left unimpressed except he thought that BPG did pull on a lot of families and racers. No superrmini class. No schoolboy class Only a vet and 45 class for old guys. 2 stroke class. A real simple format. He said it shouldn't work but BPG is the exception.

Really? That's some short sightedness right there.

He still doesnt get it. Neither does the AMA.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The last race at BC was the latest I've ever been at BC for a race, and I blew off racing the last moto because it was going to be another hour, then loading up, etc. Couple others blew it off also.

Usually with normal weather, JO is done earlier than any other tracks. I've been one of the last motos at BC before and hitting the road before 4pm. Hopefully the next race gets back to that again.

You are correct, it wasn't typical for us. Id say the new layout, gnarly 1st set conditions, and Pw's on Sunday all added up. We also didn't get started till 9:30. AND the first class (collegeboy) got called down repeatedly......repeatedly. guess who isn't going first EVER again. We will do better next time. We normally do.

hershey

PR Elite
You are correct, it wasn't typical for us. Id say the new layout, gnarly 1st set conditions, and Pw's on Sunday all added up. We also didn't get started till 9:30. AND the first class (collegeboy) got called down repeatedly......repeatedly. guess who isn't going first EVER again. We will do better next time. We normally do.

Why repeatedly ? Call then down 2 times wit h a start time. When that time comes you drop the gate. It's pretty easy.
Honestly if you are going to a big name large event, including any battle series race, you should expect a long day. That's a given. It's when you go to a standard run of the mill local Sunday race and they can't get 200 riders done before 6pm that is the real killer.

honda907

PR Addict
Why repeatedly ? Call then down 2 times wit h a start time. When that time comes you drop the gate. It's pretty easy.
Honestly if you are going to a big name large event, including any battle series race, you should expect a long day. That's a given. It's when you go to a standard run of the mill local Sunday race and they can't get 200 riders done before 6pm that is the real killer.

Well stated. Well stated indeed!!

Last sentence nailed it!!!!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father

I'm pretty damn sure if 40+ or 50+ were first they wouldn't need called twice or more! Connie Sickels take note! ha ha!

John250

PR Founding Father
Looking a Breezewood online, the place looks very cool. I would like to race or ride there. A little fat for me, 352 miles away though. If I was close I would for sure check it out.

honda907

PR Addict
No, the point was just that I missed racing some of the tracks on the shirt that were super fun. Thats all. Miss racing some tracks that weren't in the OMA too. What happened to some of those tracks.... not a bashing session, just reliving some fun times View attachment 61429

Sorry. I missed this post. There are fun times still. Just different times.

Really, the days of large gates are gone and it cost a lot to run a track. Our society has changed. Hipsters dont compete. Doest matter if its Basketball at the YMCA , Golf or the track. Competition isn't "good". Nobody keeps score. They aren't attached to cars, boats, or houses either.

The idea of a lot of 30 and under people is "adventure ". Work in Alaska in the summer and Colorado in the winter. Take selfies. Bond with friends and eat, but nothing competitive like Basketball, golf, etc.

So give them an adventure and they will come. But they aren't gonna be doing anything the same for years. Not even work.