Back when the OMA racing was fun! What happened??

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I guess everything changes. But it is crazy to think back on all the tracks we all have raced that are now gone.
AMS - Gone
Honda Hills - Gone
Happy Hollow
Dirt Country
Kenworthy
Action Sports 3 tracks - 2 gone the other is now Fast Track... so gone
Haspin - Not Ohio, but close enough
Highland Hills - the old, old one
GlenEste
Echo Hills
Wildwood - I think that was the name of it
McArther
Hocking Hills
Muskingum Valley
Frankfort Ol town
Dayton

And that is without give much thought to it.. I'm sure there are many more.

The OMA concept was a good one... but like I said above, things change

MX_Implements

PR Addict
AMS - Gone------GARBAGE
Honda Hills - Gone-----GARBAGE
Happy Hollow------ GARBAGE
Dirt Country------GARBAGE
Kenworthy-------------STUBBORN OWNER/AWESOME TRACK
Action Sports 3 tracks - 2 gone the other is now Fast Track... so gone------ DREW HAD UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS IN THE LATER YEARS
Haspin - Not Ohio, but close enough---- GARBAGE , BUT LOOKS TO BE TURNING THINGS AROUND
GlenEste
Echo Hills
Wildwood -WILD WILDERNESS . NEIGHBORS COMPLAINED AND WAS SHUT DOWN
McArther------ GARBAGE
Hocking Hills----- GARBAGE
Muskingum Valley
Frankfort Ol town----GARBAGE
Dayton----------GARBAGE

adam63

PR Addict
Looks like
AMS - Gone------GARBAGE
Action Sports 3 tracks - 2 gone the other is now Fast Track... so gone------ DREW HAD UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS IN THE LATER YEARS
Haspin - Not Ohio, but close enough---- GARBAGE , BUT LOOKS TO BE TURNING THINGS AROUND
GlenEste
Echo Hills
McArther------ GARBAGE
Muskingum Valley
Dayton----------GARBAGE
Looks like this guy needs to operate his own track and invite the public.

AMS - Gone------GARBAGE
GlenEste
Echo Hills
McArther------ GARBAGE
Muskingum Valley
Dayton----------GARBAGE
Obviously never rode Honda Hills in the 80s or early 90s. Definitely was not garage.

John250

PR Founding Father
Lets be honest on Honda Hills. I raced it a ton in the late 80s and early 90s. The place had some history, had a decent layout, but the place got hard packed, blue grooved in parts, was rocky as hell, and got dusty as hell. It really was not all that great at times.

I hear lots of work is being done at Dirt Country. They bought the lights from a sports park that closed down. I hear Rocky and Cindy might get back to their roots and run Saturday night races in 2020. I hope they do.

Saw a photo of Dayton the other day. Looks like the grass is taking over and its becoming a cow path quickly.

And Weasel left the biggest s**t hole off the list Treaty City. Hell they cancelled two races because they claimed they could not get the track ready to be safe for the riders (cancelled 3 weeks out), to then hold a TT race the week before the scheduled race, lol. The place is a joke.

Buckeye Hills is on the schedule for one more race, guess we will see if that one happens or not. One was cancelled already.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I guess everything changes. But it is crazy to think back on all the tracks we all have raced that are now gone.
AMS - Gone
Honda Hills - Gone
Happy Hollow
Dirt Country
Kenworthy
Action Sports 3 tracks - 2 gone the other is now Fast Track... so gone
Haspin - Not Ohio, but close enough
GlenEste
Echo Hills
Wildwood - I think that was the name of it
McArther
Hocking Hills
Muskingum Valley
Frankfort Ol town
Dayton

And that is without give much thought to it.. I'm sure there are many more.

The OMA concept was a good one... but like I said above, things change

4 of those tracks are still around. Mcarthur is fair only but still the same track it was in 90’s, muskingum valley is still there but weaver made it invite only, wildwood is still there, and by hocking hills I’m assuming you mean wild wilderness which is still around just no racing...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
In my younger, less bitchy life I liked them all except ONE Honda Hills was terrible. 24 inches or cow crap laid over concrete and rocks the size of my head. Zero technical areas. Only people that liked it were the ones that lived close.

If they are not racing, then they are gone.

I can remember staying up late during the district scheduling meeting on a Saturday night so I could see the schedule and any new tracks on the list before any of my friends.
I wish the AMA would get off their ass and do what it takes to bring the districts back. But like my list above and the list of OMA tracks, those days are gone

ktrop251

PR Member
I guess I don't get it, it wasn't more efficient, there were less racers to get through the program. I remember in the late 90s getting out.of Malvern at 2am every time. It's a night race, you just know that going into it. The attendance didnt decline in the early 00's because of the program, mx in general took a big hit then. We lost a boat load of tracks and racing slowed way down. Right now we are seeing an increase as seen by the large turnouts at Malvern and other tracks again. Good job to all those helping the resurgence!

When 350 riders show up for a night race 2 things are a given.
1. You're going to be there late.
2. The track owner is doing something right or the turnout wouldn't be 350

Can t believe this post turned into a bash it session. I just was saying I missed the tracks we no longer get to race at.

Bunch of negative Nancy's
Couldnt agree more with this post. I dont race much anymore but you're right. It's crazy looking back to the early 00's and seeing how many tracks are no longer around. Spokes, WR night races, scenic, crow, DW, OIR, 330. Even practice tracks that are gone like beechwood, lo conn, and country hills. Those were the days.

Team MMR

PR Addict
I guess I don't get it, it wasn't more efficient, there were less racers to get through the program. I remember in the late 90s getting out.of Malvern at 2am every time. It's a night race, you just know that going into it. The attendance didnt decline in the early 00's because of the program, mx in general took a big hit then. We lost a boat load of tracks and racing slowed way down. Right now we are seeing an increase as seen by the large turnouts at Malvern and other tracks again. Good job to all those helping the resurgence!

When 350 riders show up for a night race 2 things are a given.
1. You're going to be there late.
2. The track owner is doing something right or the turnout wouldn't be 350

Can t believe this post turned into a bash it session. I just was saying I missed the tracks we no longer get to race at.

Bunch of negative Nancy's

For once Dave im gonna agree, everyone runs and hides behind a computer to bitch about stuff instead of appreciating that Ohio moto is making a comeback. Has anyone actually tried expressing their concerns to track owners and having a legit conversation with their ideas? Because i know for a fact that MOST track owners will gladly explain why they do some of the things they do the way they do. And after you talk to them respectfully you will have a better understanding of why things are done certain ways. All this bashing is what makes track owners pissed off to the point they dont wanna do this stuff for us riders anymore. Take a minute next time your at the track and ask the owner if they have a minute to sit and discuss some ideas or concerns you have and im sure they will explain things or take into consideration what you have to say.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
1566912834875.png

http://www.pitracer.com/threads/52192/

Yeah HH sucks .....LOL!
Sorry you missed it

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
That hill was the bomb- !
I did a Russ Darnell school there and we spent time learning that hill.
I ripped it like a boss on YZ 80 - fool
The drop off hill and ditch jump just before were the biggest schit i'd ever seen at the time.
Great stuff

Getting your bike to finish 4 laps at race pace was part of the sport.
Guys that over-rode the bike - had issues.