Best MX Track in Ohio

hershey

PR Elite
Well most agree the track isn't the draw. I'd say the event was huge because the people knew how to promote a race extremely well. Plus the pits were perfect. So if Scott can enlist someone to promote the events as well as or better than Jeremy Forcum was then we should see the same numbers. Let's hope on top of that he rebuilds the track next year in a fashion the riders enjoy much more than currently. If so he may see 700-1000 rider events!

Tom

PR Elite
As did Tony K. at WW. I don't think they ran that series nearly as long as HH, so its been somewhat forgotten. The WW night track was very supercrossy. Pretty gnarly looking TBH.
It was Honda Hills. That start was tough on them Yamaha pw50

Romanyak256

PR Addict
agree!! this was my favorite track ever in Ohio. Was over near McArthur Ohio about 20 minute outside of Athens. Went to Buckeye Hills couple of weeks back and i think that might be my current favorite track in ohio. good elevation change and good dirt.
Give grear’s MX a try in zanesville... very reminiscent of high point with the elevation changes.

ktrop251

PR Member
Miss the mound too, makes me sad to pass by that spot to head north and see what it is now.
Mound was sick. Awesome dirt and the old dude that ran the place was awesome. I remember one time we were in the parking lot and the guy asked my dad if he had seen his new dog. It was a stuffed animal velcroed to his arm. He said "His names humphrey!" He squeezed it and the stuffed animal came to life humping his arm. My dad still talks about Humphrey and Indian mound to this day.

And that's my funny story.

Place was primo every time we went. Bummed to see what it is now.

Check out OIR and Youngstown as well! Both very well maintained tracks. Cant go wrong with vern or BC either.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Mound was sick. Awesome dirt and the old dude that ran the place was awesome. I remember one time we were in the parking lot and the guy asked my dad if he had seen his new dog. It was a stuffed animal velcroed to his arm. He said "His names humphrey!" He squeezed it and the stuffed animal came to life humping his arm. My dad still talks about Humphrey and Indian mound to this day.

And that's my funny story.

Place was primo every time we went. Bummed to see what it is now.

Check out OIR and Youngstown as well! Both very well maintained tracks. Cant go wrong with vern or BC either.

Was that place in newcomerstown on 36? I remember passing by it. I rode at Shryocks in newcomerstown on 65's - it was near the river and if it wasn't flooded it was mint. - If I'm thinking right to get to Shryocks you turned at Indian Mound.

ktrop251

PR Member
Was that place in newcomerstown on 36? I remember passing by it. I rode at Shryocks in newcomerstown on 65's - it was near the river and if it wasn't flooded it was mint. - If I'm thinking right to get to Shryocks you turned at Indian Mound.
I believe so. It was right off the highway. I think Gibson had a supercross track off to the side there too I rode a couple times. It had by far my favorite dirt in ohio

GoFar

PR Member
I'll throw an honorable mention out to Walker at Windy Ridge. Open in December and January for practice......and most days the track was pretty good for winter Moto. The kid was trying. Gonna miss that for sure.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Too many factors here. Someone should set this up as a poll:

- best layout - BEANS
- best prep - BC/BEANS
- best soil - BC
- most efficiently run race program - BC
- best pit area CTMX
- best concessions - Malvern
- best awards - ????
- easiest track owner/operator to get along with - BEANS

(smiley face)