Ktm 50 e bikes

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m pretty excited for these things. Height adjustability to as low as 50 junior and high as current 50 sr.

6 settings for speed. 1 walking pace To 6 race pace. 2 hours run time on low settings. 20-25 minutes on high settings.

70 minute charge time on 5A 240v lithium ion battery.

Batteries interchangeable takes about 10 minutes to swap. Batteries cost $849. They don’t recommend swapping batteries as connections weren’t designed for constant swapping. But having the option of having a spare engine (aka battery) is awesome.

These things are awesome. Will surely consider one for my daughter considering all the adjustability and they’re quiet. Doesn’t really matter where I live but pretty cool no noise nuisance.

663dad

PR Addict
We are waiting for one to arrive at one of the ktm dealers near us in november for our grandson

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Would love to have one for logans last year on 50's. The Cobra looks so much better tho.

KTM cost less then a gas fwe cobra.

Vet261

PR Addict
Again the only problem is for races; they aren't eliminating the noise, they are just re-locating it from the track to the pits.

For at home and backyard tracks where you can plug into the house, they are awesome.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Agree ..
But, $10 says many of them have the Harbor Freight genny running all day already for TV-AC - PlayStation in the camper.....that nobody is in.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Game changer- who wants noise and maintenance.
Not me.
The future is here.

Right! My wife totally into them. And seriously John kids don’t care about the noise. All they gonna care about is riding. Pw50s are ultra quiet and so are xr50s. The sound isn’t what appeals. It’s grabbin a handful of instant torque throttle. No more 50 spool up “wuuhhh wuuuuuuuuhh wwwweeeeeeeiiiiiiiinnnn” with electric on race setting it’s just byyyeee Felecia. Even an 8 year old georgieporgie on a super modified gas cobra couldn’t beat one of these e bikes to the first turn. And neither could mike Alessi!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
2020 KTM SX-E 5
MSRP: 5,049.00 USD

KTM has the E 5 on the front page and all the info on their site
So cool

LL 2020 will have a class for them as well -

hershey

PR Elite
The only issue I see is again, the battery. Can you imagine going to a race, run practice for 15 mins then first class, battery won't make your next moto in 3 motos. And that's the first year. Next year you're buying 1700 in batteries again.

I agree these are the future, they are great for everyone except the average 2 class racer on a limited budget. The play rider and the elite will eat these things up though. Neighbors will love them as much as the kids. Let's face it, there will be an mx track in every neighborhood that one of these bikes are in. Then the other kids in the neighborhood will bug mom and dad until they get one too. It will most certainly grow the sport.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Again the only problem is for races; they aren't eliminating the noise, they are just re-locating it from the track to the pits.

For at home and backyard tracks where you can plug into the house, they are awesome.

Ya lost me, from the track to the Pits?

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The only issue I see is again, the battery. Can you imagine going to a race, run practice for 15 mins then first class, battery won't make your next moto in 3 motos. And that's the first year. Next year you're buying 1700 in batteries again.

I agree these are the future, they are great for everyone except the average 2 class racer on a limited budget. The play rider and the elite will eat these things up though. Neighbors will love them as much as the kids. Let's face it, there will be an mx track in every neighborhood that one of these bikes are in. Then the other kids in the neighborhood will bug mom and dad until they get one too. It will most certainly grow the sport.

Time to go to a practiceless race day!! You are there to race not practice!