PR Addict
COMPETITION BULLETIN 2020-5: AREA QUALIFIERS POSTPONED THROUGH MARCH
TO: 2020 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship Participants
DATE: March 17, 2020
SUBJECT: COMPETITION BULLETIN 2020-5:
Area Qualifiers Postponed through March

John250

PR Founding Father
Would not surprise me to see Loretta Lynn's go by the wayside this season. By the time they allow qualifiers and then the regionals it will be too late.

pape718

PR Member
That's the way the Mineo's are every year they get through just fine first race is your qualifier if you don't place so high they run lc2

Toddco327

PR Addict
Malvern is at the end of April. Could be a HUGE turnout if it happens. I’m sure the people who try and do 3 areas just to get in will really have to pick and choose. Could be some amazing races.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
That's the way the Mineo's are every year they get through just fine first race is your qualifier if you don't place so high they run lc2
I can see that working for regionals just fine this year. Loretta’s couldn’t hold that many people though without being a disaster. I think the numbers would be insane considering people that just want to get on the track itself.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You’d have 20,000 on Monday. 10,000 on Tuesday.....motos 2-3 normal amount of people.

Hopefully they’d leave. But they’re probably hang out in the creek....

I bet they’ll try to qualify at the regionals. Might have to make them Thursday to Sunday/Monday. But it’s an option and I think people will still come out.

John250

PR Founding Father
With SX and MX already getting cancelled through May, I would say all qualifiers are done. My guess is they will hold open regional s. Increase the MX Sports qualifer fee to something like $40 and run a qualifer, LCQ and two motos at the regionals.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
As of right now, I think multiple regionals is a last resort, but very possible, anything is possible as of now. Still hoping they will run 2-3 AQs and the Regionals as planned.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Hopefully this will eliminate the bogus staggered regional BS. Pick one (the region you live in) and that’s it. You make it great. You don’t then you didn’t deserve it anyway.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Why? If you can’t make it in your region, why would you want to waste time and money to find another region with “hopefully” less fast guys so you can just barely make it in? Spend another 2-3 grand and a weeks vacation to go sit in the heat, humidity and mud just to run 32nd.
Those people come back and say one of two things. 1. I went for the experience... (go and watch and you have the same experience). 2. I just didn’t ride good. Got a bad start. Crashed in the first turn....
No. That’s not it. You just not that good and you wasted a bunch of money and still will not say it out loud.
Heck, save even more money. If you not winning most of your local races, don’t even bother going to regionals. Your going to get smoked. Spend your moto money at local tracks. Maybe attend a trainer or moto school.
Sometimes the truth hurts.