LLAQ's postponed thru April 30

MX_Implements

PR Addict
So someone taking you out in the first turn and getting up 10 seconds behind 42 place isn’t an excuse to why you didn’t make it?
Even if you make it up to 15th and follow that up with 1-1 score won’t qualify you.
So that guy sucks ?
You’re logic is dumb. Why did you try to race nationals when you knew you couldn’t make the top 10 ?

bruceb

PR Addict
Spend another 2-3 grand and a weeks vacation to go sit in the heat, humidity and mud just to run 32nd.

Hey, a friend of mine (technically, a friend's son I guess) got 32nd (32-33-31) his first time at Loretta's in 2002. Fortunately, him and his family stuck with it and in 2005 he won his first (and only) Loretta Lynn title in 125cc mod 12-15.

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Look. I get it if you have never been there. But if you have and you not winning, then why repeat it.
and I rode some nationals to make money. When there was a local race paying big money, I always went there and skipped the national

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So someone taking you out in the first turn and getting up 10 seconds behind 42 place isn’t an excuse to why you didn’t make it?
Even if you make it up to 15th and follow that up with 1-1 score won’t qualify you.
So that guy sucks ?
You’re logic is dumb.
Go you get a do over when your at LL and do the same thing? It’s racing. Sometimes things don’t work out when you are on top of your game. If you don’t make it in your regional. For whatever reason, then you don’t deserve to go. Period. Wait until next year.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Look at the Olympics. Those people train for 4 years to get ONE chance. They go to the ONE Olympic trials. If they fall then that’s it. Back to training for 4 more years. They don’t fly to Mexico and try there. Learning how to lose and to accept “no” or “your not good enough” is an important part of life to learn. Makes you try harder or you try tennis.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Because it's more fun than racing 7 guys. Tracks are usually way better.
It's my money.

What's the percentage rate of riders coming out of Loretta's and going on to a pro career? Probably a very small percentage. By that outlook, everyone else should stay home.

This isn't the Olympics. This is Moto.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Yeah, to compare the Olympics to Loretta's is a stretch.
A national championship VS a competition of Nations
The Olympics is a competition between the five world continents - hence the five rings

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Why? If you can’t make it in your region, why would you want to waste time and money to find another region with “hopefully” less fast guys so you can just barely make it in? Spend another 2-3 grand and a weeks vacation to go sit in the heat, humidity and mud just to run 32nd.
Those people come back and say one of two things. 1. I went for the experience... (go and watch and you have the same experience). 2. I just didn’t ride good. Got a bad start. Crashed in the first turn....
No. That’s not it. You just not that good and you wasted a bunch of money and still will not say it out loud.
Heck, save even more money. If you not winning most of your local races, don’t even bother going to regionals. Your going to get smoked. Spend your moto money at local tracks. Maybe attend a trainer or moto school.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

Regionals are some of the best racing you’re gonna get on the amateur level, that’s why. Loretta’s is icing on the cake. You’re going to learn a bunch about real full gate racing that you won’t get at the local race. So why not double up your experience and race a couple? You’re going to get the gnarliest track conditions, racing your fastest competition at some of the best tracks that promoters are putting their absolute best efforts in.

For many just racing regionals is an accomplishment and scoring the highest finish there is the reward, and if they can weasel into grabbing a ticket, well thats when the dream is made.
Saying someone doesn’t deserve to be at Loretta’s because they raced a couple regionals or finished 30th at the ranch, please get out of here with that. There’s 100x more people out there wishing they had that opportunity to get smoked at the ranch.

John250

PR Founding Father
Everything looks to be cancelled through April. There was supposed to be a big moto weekend at Indianapolis motor speedway August 21-23. Superbikes, Amateur flat track and Pro American flat track. They moved the Indy 500 to August 23 weekend, so I am assuming that got moved to accommodate the 500.
Screenshot_20200330-195531_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Toddco327

PR Addict
So bummed about this. I mean they can only push so many events to other days. It’s not just motocross. At some point attendance will suffer because people can only do so much. A lot of these events people plan a year or months in advance. I feel bad for the people and places that rely on these type of events for their income.

John250

PR Founding Father
I spoke to a friend that is very involved with agriculture here in ohio and nationally. She said that there would be a decision here shortly on the state fair. She thinks they are going to cancel it, so you know what will follow that, every county fair in the state. My daughters boyfriend was supposed to play in an allstar high school football game in like 8 weeks. They cancelled it almost 3 weeks ago already.

John250

PR Founding Father
My wife and I were just talking about how Mxsports needs to do something now and let everyone know. They are running out of time for qualifiers.
If they do anything I bet they double the MX Sports qualifying fee. Hold regionals. 1st moto, LCQ, 2nd and 3rd motos. On to the ranch.

NQ1965

PR Elite
I don't do the Lorretta's races (although I would love to), and I certainly don't want to be a parade rain'er, but it looks to me that to believe that much of our usual annual events are going to still go forward with just date postponements is optimistic thinking at best.
The vast general public is still trying to wrap their brains around just how big and far reaching this pandemic issue is. And it's human nature to cling and hold on to our routines as though all is, or will be just fine.

This epidemic is larger and more catastrophic than anybody imagined. And the confirmed case numbers don't even remotely come close to accurately indicating the true extent of current infections and how far it's spread. And the medical professionals have been saying with absolute sober statements that we are already way, way behind on realizing and reacting. I agree that we'll get past all of this and get it behind us, but looks to me like it's gonna take us a year to do it. Even when we do get on the down side of peak infections, hospitalizations and fatalities, it's still gonna be a slope till it's gone. And then they are already uncertain about reoccurence's.

I truly do hope I'm wrong, but they will be leery about mass crowding events for quite a time.

Toddco327

PR Addict
It’s not even the holding of events that is worrisome. Spectators are the main driver of the success of the event and the money maker for promoters.

Motocross specifically you can do basic math. Each rider typically has 1 person with them. So if 250 riders show up that’s 500 people. Times a 10 dollar gate fee. That’s 5k. Then 25 a class times 250 riders 6250 in class fees. So right now we are at 11,250 for a race. Minus insurance. Minus medical crew. Minus crew and fuel. Your lucky if you came out of the event positive. You need the other 500 plus people that come and watch.

People are going to be nervous for months to get in large groups. The families with kids and their friends going to the track is going to decline initially. The aunt and uncle who wants to watch little Johnny race aren’t going to go. The family that would normally travel all over and race are going to either leave the wife and little kids at home or not go. The risk isn’t worth the reward.

Hopefully things turn positive quickly but this isn’t as easy as open the door and watch people come in.