Corona Practice

it says it will be limited, believe it or not, this isnt red buds first go at a motocross practice. I dont think they are going to let 500 riders out on the track at once. They are saying its limited and I'm sure they are going to keep it reasonable to provide a good experience for everyone!

I don’t see it as price gouging if it’s truly limited. Then run a good show with excellent prep, plenty of staff on hand, etc. that cost $ to do that, more so than your typical local track that has 1 guy running the whole show for the day. And if spots are really limited they need to make enough $ to pay their people and put some in their pocket. It’s steep for sure but it is what it is. I’ve paid that much to ride at shittier tracks before due to “memberships”.

Rolled through turnpike in massachussetts on my only day off. Hand her a $20. She takes it. “I can’t give change”

the toll was $1.00.

I’m like uh....now what ?

she goes you want me to pay it forward ?

pay it forward ? I said hang on I got exact change.....gimme that 20 back. She reaches towards me slowly because I could tell she was like...eh I dunno if I can give this back now.....so I snatched it outta her hand. Said bye. Screamed No taxation without representation and let that 5.0 mustang rental eat right through the toll gate. So I’ll wait for the bill in the mail. It’ll probably be $50.i won’t pay it either. I’m never coming back to this state.

I kinda now know why the people of Boston dumped tea back in the day. This s**t is getting ridiculous.
Funny s**t!

"I can't give change", SMD! I can't pay $20 for a $1 toll, buh bye!

I'm pretty sure Red Bud has figured out how to make this work.
$50.00 to "rent" out a place like Red Bud for three hours is a DEAL.
They do all the work and take all the risk - we show up and enjoy.
I think insurance guidelines will keep them from "over stacking" the track with riders.

Plus - lets be honest - most of us can't ride that long anyway

This is exactly what I meant when I stated I read the document and about 20% of the tracks I know will be able to run. Sure, Red Bud and High Point can charge more and limit....but if Smith Road goes on FB and says the exact same thing people will melt down.

My point is not to compare Smith Rd to Red Bud and High Point, but the point is that the way the "guidelines" are setup, only those with highler level facilities will be able to pull it off. A regular type local track will struggle to pull that off.

The other thing I don't understand is why Red Bud is doing all this when other tracks were open in Michigan just fine last week. No limit, sessions, etc.

This is exactly what I meant when I stated I read the document and about 20% of the tracks I know will be able to run. Sure, Red Bud and High Point can charge more and limit....but if Smith Road goes on FB and says the exact same thing people will melt down.

My point is not to compare Smith Rd to Red Bud and High Point, but the point is that the way the "guidelines" are setup, only those with highler level facilities will be able to pull it off. A regular type local track will struggle to pull that off.

The other thing I don't understand is why Red Bud is doing all this when other tracks were open in Michigan just fine last week. No limit, sessions, etc.

RB is following the AMA safe to race guidelines, the other tracks aren't AMA

I'm going to say if Red Bud was open full capacity they would get a larger crowd than the supercoops and twisteds of the world.

I'm guessing the same rules do not apply to the big dog.

It was pretty cool to blow the grass off high point this weekend - Really greasy for a session after the grass was off, prime time by the second session.

Brutal rough on those big downhills. GNCC loop was fun too only 3 miles, I'd do one lap there then hit the moto track for my session.

Last edited:
Back