Super Regionals 2020

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
As we all know, you are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty in our country. I did not follow and do not know what happened in Kevin Walker's case and if he even had a trial. I know that the word of a bad situation spread quickly through the MX community and he was disgraced and disappeared quickly from the scene when it happened. And to see his name pop up again now, reminds me of when he was the dominant Vet Rider at Loretta's for a number of years racking up title after title. I can't and won't comment on his legal situation because I have no info on that or what happened.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
By his own admission he put a hidden camera in a bathroom during a party. Said it was to watch his wife.... rrrrrriiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhttttttt
Admission of guilt... Kinda sounds guilty. But I'm sure he is a great guy.

Hottest selling item at the ranch this year
14 OAL, Round Inspection Mirror

For peace of mind in the Port-o-johns

bruceb

PR Addict
Rocket: Here is the readers digest version. He admitted (probably prior to receiving his miranda rights, and definitely before consulting an attorney) to a camera in the restroom (conveniently partially covered by a backpack). He was arrested, wife had already destroyed the sd card, and case was subsequently dismissed. So I guess we have to refer to him as "alledged" pedophile.

I remember when it happened and I couldn't believe Tracey wasn't charged with destroying/tampering with evidence. I guess law enforcement and prosecutor's offices operate differently in rural TN vs, southern Ohio.

Last edited:

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Rocket: Here is the readers digest version. He admitted (probably prior to receiving his miranda rights, and definitely before consulting an attorney) to a camera in the restroom (conveniently partially covered by a backpack). He was arrested, wife had already destroyed the sd card, and case was subsequently dismissed. So I guess we have to refer to him as "alledged" pedophile.

I remember when it happened and I couldn't believe Tracey wasn't charged with destroying/tampering with evidence. I guess law enforcement and prosecutor's offices operate differently in rural TN vs, southern Ohio.
Bruce, thanks for the reader's digest version. I never heard anything other than he was caught putting a camera in the bathroom - Lost is Yamaha Ride, and Lost his job at the Yamaha dealership. Never heard another thing. Last night at practice, someone told me that he had a 10 year ban from the AMA for racing and the 10 year ban is up, which sort of makes sense since his last rides at the Ranch were in 2010 in the +40 and +35 class. I don't know how in Amatuer racing, anything legally that doesn't have to do with MX would affect your ability to ride / race in events. I would assume that if you looked into every single person's legal background, you might find a lot of things about people that are at the track. He is 50 now, and riding Suzukis it seems and still going fast. Just when you thought Grewe might have it all locked up again for another year, out of the blue comes someone else......

bruceb

PR Addict
someone told me that he had a 10 year ban from the AMA for racing and the 10 year ban is up, which sort of makes sense

Kevin has raced ama sanctioned races every year except 2012 (injured), including some LL area and regional qualifiers. I know in 2013 that he qualified but was told not to come to the ranch and last year he was there but not racing.

John250

PR Founding Father
I’m hoping so. That track is badass so it’d be nice to spin some laps while I’m there helping out a buddy.
I've never raced Ironman. So I figured since I am taking my son I would ride about any class I could just to ride it. Actually might just ride practice day so I can focus on him on race day.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I know super regional an all but s**t I just added up the prices for the tomahawk race. For me and the boy, he is running 50sr and 65 jr. Gate - $60, practice - $70, race - $100, pit bike -$20, camping-$30 = $280. Plus the Mx sports fee was $125. Thats $405 bucks.

They arent opening up until Thursday at 4pm. Seems late in the day to trying to be parking 500 campers.
Friday practice is only 2 sessions.
Camper hook up is $300 for 3 days, hell LL is $200 for the week.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Just out of principal, we rock the pit bike until they stop us and MAKE us give them more $$$$$ ....LOL - !
Most times we get away with it - LOL
It's our little jab -
They never take the bike ......They just want another $20 .....

Vet261

PR Addict
If the "new normal" means Super Regionals every year, then I like it!

No driving to east-BFE in March to pick spoons or race in snow/mud.
Just pick your Regional(s) and GO RACE! (oh, and pay a lot of money)

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
These regionals have been extra stacked, I would like to know how many riders only raced because of this super regional format. Seems to me a few more names popping up I dont recognize from previous years.