NC Vet Super Regional

bruceb

PR Addict
Are they doing any sort of live timing for all of these regionals?
The only one I could find for this week is SEV @ Aonia Pass:

here is the list for 2020 (the middle column is a link to timing page):
June 5-7SEV Regional Aonia PassWashington, GA
June 12-14SCA Regional Amateur PoncaPonca City, OK
June 19-21MEA Regional Amateur IronmanCrawfordsville, IN
June 19-21SCV Regional FreestoneWortham, TX
June 26-28MEV Wildcat CreekRossville, IN
June 26-28SCY Regional 3 PalmsFloorsville, TX
July 3-5NCA Regional Bar 2 Bar MX

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
2BBD0FFA-04D7-4840-90C2-1A974A0C1F50.jpeg
E2BE8034-216E-4B52-94F0-E3E0697B50CC.jpeg
4ABB5EAD-BD24-4754-A5B6-46392BE3CA6B.jpeg
4542CE01-B7D4-4DEC-9331-EB2931FFB245.jpeg

Awesome day of racing
Hot & sunny
Track held up great
The riverside crew has it down to science
Two announcers were having a field day calling all the great battles as the long 7 lap motos played out
No ambulance runs
Kesler in pro sport
Off to chill in the river and get ready for tomorrow

NQ1965

PR Elite
Back when our daughter lived in Montana, on one of our home trips we drove through Iowa. I remember thinking that the beautiful rolling, rich farm lands had amazing motocross written all over it. It's just too bad they are so far north with such rugged winters.
Black dirt like that looks very loamy. Soft, deep ruts to dream about. Put's you in mind of Washougal.

Was the angle of this jump face exaggerated by your camera shot, or was it actually this steep and pointed?
1591622124758.png

I don't believe that I could jump through these. Do you double-double through them?
1591622639920.png

Last edited:

freeh

PR Founding Father
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

John250

PR Founding Father
Matt Powers has been riding great locally, and is in great shape for 50 plus. He got 9th. He said the competition was really fast. I still look for Matt to qualify at Wildcat.

NQ1965

PR Elite
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks manageable. And fun.
Wonder if that is a TM, MX300 he's on?

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Super stoked on the whole weekend.
From the easy drive to the sweet facility and readiness of the staff. It flowed smoothly. We had entertainment on Friday night and fireworks to announce quiet time both evenings. A team of father & son ( I think) announcers made the day with their excitement calling out the races.They are at opposite ends of the track so between them, they can see everything up close. Together they’ve named Every section. They go over it together with you on the PA - in the morning as prep is happing after practice. Then , throughout the day you can follow right along with them as they describe the action happing.
Amps up the experience big time.
Track was sic
Racing was sic
Weekend was sic
Iowa - rules
Make the trip - !

Ok, only nine classes made for a very casual weekend. They threw in some support classes to give us a breather. I think it worked out absolutely great. I kind a hope they continue with this path. Even if it costs a bit more.
Normally having the vets with the amateurs does kind of stack things up.
We had all the time in the world to make it an absolute perfect experience and that’s what we got.

Last edited:

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Yep, that’s the face of the triple that’s in the insta.
Second pic is a three pack of 3rd gear, sandy doubles that run along the river.
You had to do them to be competitive.