NC Vet Super Regional

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
The track was fast, that’s for sure.
That in it’s self made it difficult.
For a lap or two or four - sure you can hang on. But to be able bust out that kind of speed & intensity for 7 laps is what made for such great racing.
Often, the local faves would be leading for much of the first - say 4/5 laps and the announcing would be all over it. But this is regional moto not a four lap sprint so skill and fitness play a huge factor in the last two laps of the race. In the late stages of the motos the racing became furious as some of the locals fell from grace.Most every moto late lap battles going on for key positions.
It was intense -!
The layout was killer and the prep superb.
The straights would develop into a bumpy carpet while the turns were tilled deeper and would rut up at entrance and get blown out by heavy throttle on the way out.
All the jump faces stayed relatively rut free except for the sand six pack.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
It was Super fun! & Yes, the dirt was very unique.
Their big kudo’s was - they knew how to work it.

I looked at a bunch of past events they put on before making the decision to go and every time Riverside’s reputation was one of knowledge and effort.

Out there, folks have come some distance (everything out there is MILES away) just to be with them for the day so they make it count. They’ve got the equipment and staff needed to make the day a success. It doesn’t matter if the day starts out wet or dry, they’ll keep working until they can put on a great event.

I rode all the practice session laps on Friday. Totally Loved the track, the speed, the obstacles, the dirt, the safety.

Come Saturday, the racing order had Masters +50 running very close to the Women’s moto’s and I decided I’d focus on helping Taylor at her first ever regional.

Dammmit Johnny -!!!!

– it was everything I was hoping it would be – and more.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
The track was fast, that’s for sure.
That in it’s self made it difficult.
For a lap or two or four - sure you can hang on. But to be able bust out that kind of speed & intensity for 7 laps is what made for such great racing.
Often, the local faves would be leading for much of the first - say 4/5 laps and the announcing would be all over it. But this is regional moto not a four lap sprint so skill and fitness play a huge factor in the last two laps of the race. In the late stages of the motos the racing became furious as some of the locals fell from grace.Most every moto late lap battles going on for key positions.
It was intense -!
The layout was killer and the prep superb.
The straights would develop into a bumpy carpet while the turns were tilled deeper and would rut up at entrance and get blown out by heavy throttle on the way out.
All the jump faces stayed relatively rut free except for the sand six pack.
WAIT a cotton pick'n minute! You mean to tell me less classes and more laps made for better racing???
Who would have thunk it???
Nice update Sharc. I really want to race again now.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
WAIT a cotton pick'n minute! You mean to tell me less classes and more laps made for better racing???
Who would have thunk it???
Nice update Sharc. I really want to race again now.
No -!
Less classes did not make for the better racing. Big gates and long moto's did--- but, i'm also not disagreeing with you that we try and cram too much into the day.

It's not less classes - it's more track time with more riders that make for great racing.
We had MORE racers in a FEW Specific age classes. That equals less gate drops for the crew and more time for us.
Lumping all different skill set's, ages, bike sizes together (in a belief that you're having less classes) is actually the total opposite.
The DRAW of regionals is that you'll be only with LIKE racers.

Overall, it's less income and more work for the business.
That's why I said - I hope they keep this formula - it's going to end up costing more, but believe it's a better product.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I don't care if every darn rider has their own class. More laps is what local racers need. Even if your not chasing LL, More laps gives you more bang for the buck and helps those that are trying to get better.
More bang for your buck and or making better riders, draws more riders... BANG BANG, bigger gates! Chicken or the egg

hershey

PR Elite
Seriously though, you can't have more track time without less classes in a day. And you will have more riders in classes if you offer less of them. Technically CK1 is right.

John250

PR Founding Father
50 Jr
50 Sr
85 Jr
85 St
Schoolboy
250C
250 B
250 A
450 C
450 B
450 A
25+
35+
45+
Women

This is the only classes you need locally. Just my opinion. Go to an area, regional, etc and you can offer more classes. But for your normal sunday afternoon race, this is all you need.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
50 Jr
50 Sr
85 Jr
85 St
Schoolboy
250C
250 B
250 A
450 C
450 B
450 A
25+
35+
45+
Women

This is the only classes you need locally. Just my opinion. Go to an area, regional, etc and you can offer more classes. But for your normal sunday afternoon race, this is all you need.

Don't even need to split 250's and 450's honestly.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
FAD13B36-BFA6-471C-94F3-DC236252D22A.jpeg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I don't care if every darn rider has their own class. More laps is what local racers need. Even if your not chasing LL, More laps gives you more bang for the buck and helps those that are trying to get better.
More bang for your buck and or making better riders, draws more riders... BANG BANG, bigger gates! Chicken or the egg

I find that local guys don’t wanna get better. They wanna get those points. And if they will run 2 laps and pay out 20 points then damn it, 2 laps it is !

But whatever, enough of that.....back to pics..... keep posting shots of TS124. She looks good!

motomatt19

PR Member
Marc gave you guys great detail, he was spot on! The dirt was the best I've ever ridden on! I pretty much got my butt kicked. I knew I couldn't sprint for 7 laps and was afraid if i sprinted all out early I'd hit the wall which is what happened. I wasn't ready for that intensity. If you're 6,7,8 on that first lap it's sooo sketch! The last moto I got a start and we had a red flag naturally my 2nd start was garbage and we ended up doing 8.5 laps with the restart. 2 50 plus guys left in the ambulance. I have no regrets, great time, easy drive. 9th overall so on to wildcat.

Attachments

• IMG_20200609_153929_639.jpg
    IMG_20200609_153929_639.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20200609_153929_638.jpg
    IMG_20200609_153929_638.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20200609_153929_642.jpg
    IMG_20200609_153929_642.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 141

motomatt19

PR Member
Dammit Matt, didn't know that was you.
I saw ya out in Masters -!!
You got the speed - need to be able to hang on longer-!
I agree! Those dudes were solid all the way to the end. I'm gonna improve my cardio and see What happens. I think wildcat is gonna be tough...

motomatt19

PR Member
Powers your already in the best damn condition of any old man around. Just rollerball the first turn.
I started late in life, I really think you learn how to be efficient at an early age. I don't have the natural talent as guys like yourself! Fitness is my strength...