Winter rumors

This is something I don't understand. Why would, or should, the OMA or some other organization, care if a property owner allows races at their facility by another organization? I could understand not scheduling a race when another organization has a race scheduled that is close by. But, if a property owner provides a good track, and people want to race there, why does an organization instruct that owner they can't have other races? Why do the property owners agree to this? Just because some organization says they'll pull their races all together?
It’s the old mentality. It stems from the idea that if nothing else is happening on that weekend then it guarantees it better turnout for race X. I think it’s a misconception . It assumes that all the riders in a given region will race somewhere no matter what. It is false.

Heres what I see and believe to be true. The more tracks we have, within reason, there probably is a limit, the more rider base that is created. The tracks I think create riders near them and sometimes their own clientele. Route 62 and my track are a perfect example. He has his riders and I have mine and we do have crossover riders for sure. Out of all these tracks you create opportunities to attract these riders to your facility. It’s up to you to get them to come. You will never force them to come. Even if they say they had to go it’s in the series, they need the points. That’s still a way that you’ve attracted them. They still decided to go. So back to what your asking, the old racing club era folks believe that any practice or racing event that’s held during their race automatically means that if their racing event turnout suffers, then it’s because so and so had practice or had another event . It’s never we didn’t do a good job creating an event to attract more riders.

So in the past I’ve succumbed to the input of others and told certain tracks that they must run OMA events only. This past year Scott held a Battle. Route 62 is doing a Buckeye Series, but we are also scheduling all of his other races too. But hey I don’t work together with anyone because I’m selfish!

I think mco is asking why can’t tracks schedule races with multiple organizations. Not necessarily link the track to the organization. Let the organization promote their series, and go to a track. Malvern might have a buckeye race one weekend and an oma the next.

I could see that being problematic tho. With classes and Rules...etc.

I think mco is asking why can’t tracks schedule races with multiple organizations. Not necessarily link the track to the organization. Let the organization promote their series, and go to a track. Malvern might have a buckeye race one weekend and an oma the next.

I could see that being problematic tho. With classes and Rules...etc.
What rules? I don’t really see any rules in the OMA. You have C class riders well above the RPV have been riding C for four years, people ride whatever they want the first moto change bikes the second, let’s use our starting blocks to dig our gate out too, prep the line put past the gate on the start is also another classic. Rules only apply to those who don’t know the track owner. Just make it big bike A/B/C run whatever you want no rules.

Or quit calling it A/B/C at local races and call it something else, 1,2,3 - turtle, dog,rabbit. So people who won’t move up “because Loretta’s” can ride with the faster class and not get the AMA bump.

What rules? I don’t really see any rules in the OMA. You have C class riders well above the RPV have been riding C for four years, people ride whatever they want the first moto change bikes the second, let’s use our starting blocks to dig our gate out too, prep the line put past the gate on the start is also another classic. Rules only apply to those who don’t know the track owner. Just make it big bike A/B/C run whatever you want no rules.
Then Protest.

c class thread locally is dead horse. Will never change. Just get over it now

Then Protest.

c class thread locally is dead horse. Will never change. Just get over it now
Because I don’t care enough too, I think it’s a funny observation I’ve made. Every body wants to complain about some rules everybody picks and chooses what they want to follow or enforce. I just sit back watch and enjoy the s**t show. Moto has more people talking like conservatives and acting like liberals than any other group of enthusiasts I’ve encountered. All about what you can get for the least amount of effort, rules for thee but not me, and go s**t all over somebody else’s personal property. Love the sport, the best thing about moto is the people the moto family, the worst thing about this sport is the people the moto family.

. Moto has more people talking like conservatives and acting like liberals than any other group of enthusiasts I’ve encountered.
In here - So very often I’ve wanted to say that.
I still haven’t- but it’s been said !!!!!
I owe ya one brother

I've never once complained about 2 organizations running at CTMX. Not once. My only complaint is the lack of team work inside the OMA. You want the battle series to be the best? Then you make it that way. You don't hang out the other tracks to dry. YOU ARE the OMA JO. You lead and other follow. Do you honestly believe that Bobby didn't need the money on his Battle day? And I will guarantee you there are people who race and or ride depending on who is open where. jj584 said it, we do it and I have lots of friends who do the same.

Answer me this.....what is the OMA? When is the last time you consulted all the tracks on the direction the OMA should take? When is the last time you consulted all the tracks on how the felt about having open practice and races on the same days ?

I have never bitched about A riders riding local vet classes. Ever. Thats not me. It's an age class and I get it. I have said that lorettas should not be a place for ex pros because it is a amateur national. I would actually like them to add a pro vet class. It would be some great racing for sure.

Because I don’t care enough too, I think it’s a funny observation I’ve made. Every body wants to complain about some rules everybody picks and chooses what they want to follow or enforce. I just sit back watch and enjoy the s**t show. Moto has more people talking like conservatives and acting like liberals than any other group of enthusiasts I’ve encountered. All about what you can get for the least amount of effort, rules for thee but not me, and go s**t all over somebody else’s personal property. Love the sport, the best thing about moto is the people the moto family, the worst thing about this sport is the people the moto family.
If you don’t care to protest don’t bitch about changing bikes. Start holding people accountable, and you’ll see it’s not a clicky track owners favoritism club. If it’s in the rules they’ll DQ them.

If you don’t care to protest don’t bitch about changing bikes. Start holding people accountable, and you’ll see it’s not a clicky track owners favoritism club. If it’s in the rules they’ll DQ them.
Back in your original post I commented on when you said there would be a problem cross racing between sanctioning bodies with rules and classss. I was merely stating it wouldn’t be a problem because the rules don’t seem to matter. Don’t we pay a yearly fee to sanctioning bodies and daily usage rates to participate in events with preset rules. Why should we pay more to have them enforced? I’m not talking about a bike tear down. I’m talking about the obvious. All this talk and all these rules are as useless as the announcer yelling all day to park the pit bikes at Malvern.

I've never once complained about 2 organizations running at CTMX. Not once. My only complaint is the lack of team work inside the OMA. You want the battle series to be the best? Then you make it that way. You don't hang out the other tracks to dry. YOU ARE the OMA JO. You lead and other follow. Do you honestly believe that Bobby didn't need the money on his Battle day? And I will guarantee you there are people who race and or ride depending on who is open where. jj584 said it, we do it and I have lots of friends who do the same.

Answer me this.....what is the OMA? When is the last time you consulted all the tracks on the direction the OMA should take? When is the last time you consulted all the tracks on how the felt about having open practice and races on the same days ?
Very correct, but you did cause a ruckus over EF running OMA events, and then their own events on top of the OMA events at later dates. Or something very near that. Think back 3-4 years ago, I'm not talking recently, this would have been pre-TV Land Battle. Complaints like yours seemed valid, why would we allow that?? Crazy. Bottom line, there are too many tracks wanting to host events and not enough weekends available. That's a bigger issue than I can solve.

"Do you honestly believe that Bobby didn't need the money on his Battle day?" I know he needs money, all of the tracks need money. If we charged what we truly need to charge to not feel pressured to be open every other weekend or running 15-20 practice/race events a year, you would be spending $50-60 per class. We charge half of what we should based on the expenses. Moto is not a real business at the local level, its hobby, its a passion driven hobby. Nobody make a living doing this solely on the local level. What everyone sees as greed, or "those tracks run all the time because they make so much" is very incorrect, that's everyone scraping money together so they can afford the next race, or the next track change to keep the riders appeased. Or for the equipment that's counting down every year to the next 50-70k reboot. I know everyone says that the riders don't get it, but trust me you really don't get it.

To answer your question. The OMA is a rulemaking, points keeping body that has been defined by the IRS as 501C4 for social welfare.

You are wrong the OMA is not me, The Oma is Jason and I. The OMA is the parents staying up till 11:30-12 at Malvern. The OMA is riders getting stocked up to camp for Battle Rounds. The OMA is the kid who lives down the street from SVR, Amherst and WR that only wants to race his local track. The OMA is more than what you see, its a bigger than your version of it. You take me out of the equation and you still have a race organization. Its been going on far longer than my existence. CRA, D11, MRA, D5, PAMX. Organizations have come and gone, and have operated without me. Its the racers that make these things go, its just my turn to be apart of it.

We follow the AMA RPV, we use their advancement to avoid two standards. If you feel that someone is racing out of class, then you need to protest them. There's a process. If they are recognized by the AMA as a C rider, then you have a different dog to chase.

Very correct, but you did cause a ruckus over EF running OMA events, and then their own events on top of the OMA events at later dates. Or something very near that. Think back 3-4 years ago, I'm not talking recently, this would have been pre-TV Land Battle. Complaints like yours seemed valid, why would we allow that?? Crazy. Bottom line, there are too many tracks wanting to host events and not enough weekends available. That's a bigger issue than I can solve.

"Do you honestly believe that Bobby didn't need the money on his Battle day?" I know he needs money, all of the tracks need money. If we charged what we truly need to charge to not feel pressured to be open every other weekend or running 15-20 practice/race events a year, you would be spending $50-60 per class. We charge half of what we should based on the expenses. Moto is not a real business at the local level, its hobby, its a passion driven hobby. Nobody make a living doing this solely on the local level. What everyone sees as greed, or "those tracks run all the time because they make so much" is very incorrect, that's everyone scraping money together so they can afford the next race, or the next track change to keep the riders appeased. Or for the equipment that's counting down every year to the next 50-70k reboot. I know everyone says that the riders don't get it, but trust me you really don't get it.

To answer your question. The OMA is a rulemaking, points keeping body that has been defined by the IRS as 501C4 for social welfare.

You are wrong the OMA is not me, The Oma is Jason and I. The OMA is the parents staying up till 11:30-12 at Malvern. The OMA is riders getting stocked up to camp for Battle Rounds. The OMA is the kid who lives down the street from SVR, Amherst and WR that only wants to race his local track. The OMA is more than what you see, its a bigger than your version of it. You take me out of the equation and you still have a race organization. Its been going on far longer than my existence. CRA, D11, MRA, D5, PAMX. Organizations have come and gone, and have operated without me. Its the racers that make these things go, its just my turn to be apart of it.

It still blows my mind how cheap motocross is. 4 wheel "racing" you are looking at anywhere from $200 for a "fun day" which is essentially a (slightly) more structured practice day to 1-2k a weekend to race. Not even taking into account the cost of the vehicle, consumables/wear items, etc. Plus the safety gear that expires every 5 minutes, fuel, big truck, trailer, blah blah blah blah.

Back