Winter rumors

It still blows my mind how cheap motocross is. 4 wheel "racing" you are looking at anywhere from $200 for a "fun day" which is essentially a (slight) more structured practice day to 1-2k a weekend to race. Not even taking into account the cost of the vehicle, consumables/wear items, etc. Plus the safety gear that expires every 5 minutes, fuel, big truck, trailer, blah blah blah blah.
After initial equipment investment...Yea I find it awesome to know if I wanna head over pymatuning last minute. I take $60. Sign up for 3 classes. Buy $20 in premium fuel and Ive just raced and didn’t spend $100. How many times we go out to eat with your wife somewhere and the bill gets to $100 easy ?

I really been interested in dirt track car racing. Entry level. Just haven’t committed. That’s going to be expensive. But I like being in a cage to possibly cut down on injury. But man an mx bike is ready to race. A car isn’t.

After initial equipment investment...Yea I find it awesome to know if I wanna head over pymatuning last minute. I take $60. Sign up for 3 classes. Buy $20 in premium fuel and Ive just raced and didn’t spend $100. How many times we go out to eat with your wife somewhere and the bill gets to $100 easy ?

I really been interested in dirt track car racing. Entry level. Just haven’t committed. That’s going to be expensive. But I like being in a cage to possibly cut down on injury. But man an mx bike is ready to race. A car isn’t.

yep a certified cage is going to run you more than whatever shell of a car you dig up cost to buy. lot of sanctioning bodies are requiring fire suppression now as well.

then your personal safety equipment will run about $1500 at the bottom end or to the moon if you want to look fancy. and a lot of it has an expiration date.

orrr you can get a brand new leftover 450 for ~8k, some discount bin gear, pay $25 to ride all day, and then complain about the days it used to be $20 to ride here!!11 greedy bastards!

I would own a sprint car if I could afford the tire bill. Anything with 4 wheels gets much more expensive than motocross. Motocross is expensive but not in the same ball park as 4 wheels.

Can we start a rumor that Scenic is reopening and there are no rocks.

Spokes decided to reopen the top track and the mulch pit.

Or maybe that LoConn got approval from the city to run practice every other Saturday.

I like those rumors better. Beats listening to a bunch of clowns that never ran a track tell the promoters how to run a track.

Of course these are all made up rumors. Except my last statement. That’s 100% true.

Last edited:
I think mco is asking why can’t tracks schedule races with multiple organizations. Not necessarily link the track to the organization. Let the organization promote their series, and go to a track. Malvern might have a buckeye race one weekend and an oma the next.

I could see that being problematic tho. With classes and Rules...etc.
Correct, this is what I was asking. If someone is racing for Loretta's, or points, then they are going to stay in one organization and chase those races track to track. If someone wants to race, and doesn't care about points or what organization is holding the race, they will race wherever. A track owner should be permitted to run their property how they see fit. If an organization doesn't like that, they need to help that owner financially then.

....... pulling a quad nat ...
ya must not know what you're doing ....
Congrats - I hope they fill the place

I t
....... pulling a quad nat ...
ya must not know what you're doing ....
Congrats - I hope they fill the place
I just sent JO a message about that. Last race of the season and in there with all the big dogs. Congrats for sure. As I put in one of my other responses, JO and Scott are making the investments back into the facilities in improvements. They deserve a couple big races from the AMA.

SO...just picked a few conversations in this thread and sorry, I'm lazy. Was it said anywhere when the 2021 OMA Schedule will come out? More so, where is going to be the best location to pick it up, the website or Facebook, etc.?

FB_IMG_1611159760281.jpg

Back