Buckeye Series Schedule

MX_Implements

PR Addict
447 for their first race. Wow.

Anyone know how it turned out today?
There were issues... Luckily Plessinger showed up to help out or it would've been a complete s**t show.
Track is fun and with some tweaks it could be really good.. Prep is going to be their problem going forward..

Last edited:

Romanyak256

PR Addict
There were issues... Luckily Plessinger showed up to help out or it would've been a complete s**t show.
Track is fun and with some tweaks it could be really good.. Prep is going to be their problem going forward..
Unfortunately prep has always been their problem. Dave, the owner, is an old school mx guy and is big into the vintage scene so i kinda get why his prep is the way it is. But to continue with the crowd and series he’s associated with he’s going to have to learn to rip deep and flood with water.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict

I didn't race but practice felt pretty one lined - how was sundays prep????

Dust was coming up when I left saturday.

MX_Implements

PR Addict
I didn't race but practice felt pretty one lined - how was sundays prep????

Dust was coming up when I left saturday.
One lined as hell. The dirt shaped up ok but he does not know how to properly use his watering truck, There were several places he over watered to the point it was muddy all day and one lined.

hershey

PR Elite
Wow.....the person who runs the series showed up to the track to help? Team work? Maybe part of the reason the series is killing it...they don't use the "every man for himself" mentality. Who would have thought.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Wow.....the person who runs the series showed up to the track to help? Team work? Maybe part of the reason the series is killing it...they don't use the "every man for himself" mentality. Who would have thought.
You said Scott was out for himself!! Now he’s a team player. Maybe we change it to PDHDS01, Which way is it going to be there Political Dick Head Dave?? You seem to talk about sides of your mouth a lot!!

hershey

PR Elite
You said Scott was out for himself!! Now he’s a team player. Maybe we change it to PDHDS01, Which way is it going to be there Political Dick Head Dave?? You seem to talk about sides of your mouth a lot!!
No, I said he doesn't care about, your money or team work with the OMA. Big difference Mr CNN. But I guess I could have clarifies it a bit better. That's not both sides of anything.
Screenshot_20210615-060928_Chrome.jpg

mshafer62

PR Addict
Grears must have had a parking plan or at least one for those people who arrived early.
If you know the entry road, they were parked perpendicular to the road, then the next row back,
parallel to the road. I didn't arrive until race day and parked on the hillside to the south of the
starting area.

John250

PR Founding Father
Rt. 62 gets over 600 they will be parked down the street. I still have no idea where DMC expects to park everyone. I suggest taking your pick up trucks there, and leaving the campers at home.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Rt. 62 gets over 600 they will be parked down the street.
Hmm...you got me thinking now...I plan to get there earlier on Friday, but that may not make a difference. We only live less than 30 minutes from the place, but with possible weather, etc., just seems as if it would be nice to have a place to call home base for the weekend... We have baseball in the morning Saturday anyway, so was looking to "know" where we'll park when we get the late Saturday morning...early afternoon. Hmm..???

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
What's DMC? Delta?
Dmc is Dayton motorcycle club in the outskirts of Dayton it’s a nice little track nothing difficult preps usally good for race weekends but not much parking and if they expect to hold a buckeye series race I would get there super early cause people bringing campers will take it up fast. It’s nice track for kids on 65s and 85s to learn their skills just a little to easy on big bikes. It’s my home track it’s not no briarcliff and one downfall also is they only have I think 28 gates which wouldn’t work for the buckeye series races with usually having 25- 35 in the 50, 65, 85 and c classes

mooch

PR Elite
Some fans of rut-o-cross slot bike riding here in this thread:) . I'm old and personally, I hate riding a rutted up track...probably has a lot to do with me sucking at riding ruts. Especially when jump faces and landings are nothing but deep ruts.

Watching national races where the track is nothing but ruts is also less fun to watch as everyone tends to have to follow the ruts rather than get imaginative with lines. To back that up, have heard a lot of positive opinions on the racing at Thundervalley and High Point being better due to not being disk so deep and over watered. Examples of those opinions below.

Grears MX, please run and prep the track the way you feel it should be done, even if at some point you feel a deeper rip is needed, but avoid peer pressure from a few fans of rutocross to fall in line with the current fad of deep ripping and over watering. Lord knows you've probably spent more cash on getting your track up and running than most of the nay sayers in this thread will make in a lifetime.

Here are other folks who thought the last two nationals had better racing due to not being prepped for rut o cross...

Last edited: