Battle race .... lets poke the bear.

Guys I think your missing a HUGE piece that factors in greatly . "Contingency" . Contingency payout for say Yamaha . I know they pay all the buckeye series races and not the battle races . That's just one example .

jstory

PR Addict
Years ago when district 11 and 12 were still running motocross on the local level there was some control through the sanctioning process at the district level. Scheduling, advancement, points keeping was all handled at the district level. The sanctioning meeting each year were always lively with promoters trying to get the dates they wanted. Then on top of that the state championship was a cooperative effort between the two districts. It was agreed that it would alternate from each year from District 111 and 12. The rule within district 11 was another promoter in the district could not hold a race if they were within 50 miles of another promoter in the district holding an event. This all changed when the AMA started handling advancement then started sanctioning races without any input from the district. It wasn't long after that the promoters pulled out of the district and started running things their own way. I see thing from both sides. The riders want the ultimate experience at each race. They want promoters to coordinate schedules and work together. That is understandable but also unrealistic. For the promoters it is a business. Granted they are passionate about our sport. But in the end they need to make money. Then add in the fact that you have limited dates to try and make things work to be profitable. On top of that they at the mercy of the weather which can easily turn a successful day into a loosing endeavor. The way I see it its like any other business. You don't see golf courses closing because others are open. You don't see restaurants closing to help another one out. I know a ton of people that ride and most of them have a favorite track for one reason or another. What I like some people don't. That's the great thing about having options. The best events will survive and some will go away. I suspect turnouts will vary based on the facility as well as the promoters. We are spoiled by having some stellar promoters in our state that provide outstanding events and great track conditions. Just ride what you like, support the series or events you like and it will all work out. I know I get tired of reading all the negative all the time. I can only imagine how promoters feel when they are working hard to provide facilities and events to participate in then come hear to read all of this. Just my two cents.

As stated above the offroad scene is refreshing to try. Laid back atmosphere with plenty of seat time for anyone. It's no wonder they draw big crowds.

MX10

Noob
Hershey I hear you, people like to always disagree with what makes sense for the thrill of it. Bottomline, there needs to be a true documented agreement or just take it for what it is and see no future change. Teamwork and compromise goes a long way. Hope it all works for the greater good.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Guys I think your missing a HUGE piece that factors in greatly . "Contingency" . Contingency payout for say Yamaha . I know they pay all the buckeye series races and not the battle races . That's just one example .
This weighed on me as well. KTM had awesome contingency for the battle races in years past, and that wasn’t secured for this year.
Definitely a good piece of the puzzle.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Is originality what you were looking for by having a "state championship" outside the state?
I was trying to look at ways to involve other tracks and have more then just one event. I personally think having a series for a state championship is goofy at best. And if its a true STATE thing, then every track should have the same chance to hold the event.
But then again MX Sports holds the AMA national championship... So yeah, I guess your good.
I hear Dayton Motorcycle Club is having the Hawaiian State championship next month. I may try to go.
The Battle series theme originally was north vs south vs invader.....so I added a round at an invaders track.....so yea, outside Ohio. Its the most original idea you've seen lately. Prove me wrong.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Prove you wrong? Well. Not really trying to prove anyone wrong. But having a state championship outside the state is goofy. I realize your trying to build it into a regional event. Which is great. But to still call it a “state championship” is... well... wrong

Miss Universe only has chics from Earth. That Is wrong also. Lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Prove you wrong? Well. Not really trying to prove anyone wrong. But having a state championship outside the state is goofy. I realize your trying to build it into a regional event. Which is great. But to still call it a “state championship” is... well... wrong

Miss Universe only has chics from Earth. That Is wrong also. Lol
Miss Universe???......so 1985. I personally think not trying to include other organizations in the series invites the close minded mentality that keeps the sport stagnant. "you stay in your backyard, and I'll stay in mine". " Now dont you play in yours while I play in mine, instead I want you to come over and play". Yup. Ok. I think we should cross barriers, open it up, why create these rules that restrain possibilities?? Your not making 100% of the shots you don't take.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Shot for the moon. Call it a national championship. I’m sure the AMA has got
More of those $0.26 #1 plates they love giving away.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
OMA is now Little Big Brother from a different mother?...You guys put me to sleep here with the fake news. Granted, I read maybe 2 posts on page one and skipped to the end.... I have no say...just sayin'....

jj584

PR Addict
OMA is now Little Big Brother from a different mother?...You guys put me to sleep here with the fake news. Granted, I read maybe 2 posts on page one and skipped to the end.... I have no say...just sayin'....
Same posts different day. While we’re here though… Can I run rotella in my KTM?

jj584

PR Addict
You can run any oil you want, its just going to stink when you change it. I prefer Green Tea in my engines, it puts back anti-knox-idants in it.
Baby oil for the win. When I dump my s**t your parking lot I can use the leftovers for sun tan lotion.