Beans to the OMA next year???

Cant anyone riding Vet class ride two classes by riding 25+, 30+, 40+ or 50+? I don't care how many are in 35 or 45 plus. Just go to 30, 40 or 50, whatever, and those gates get bigger. Those two classses are a waste, unless your 45 and just really dont want to race a faster guy that is 40 to 44 years old.
Most the classes are a waste but if there 10 or more riders and they can stagger start them with another class , why does it matter?

haha. I have zero issues going 4-6 laps . No matter how good of shape you're in if you're not breathing heavy and maxed out no matter how many laps you're running you're not pushing hard enough.

It's pretty easy to ride around the in the back of your class and ask for more laps.

I'm ok with whatever the track promoter wants to do. Between November 2020 and now I've put a just under 90hrs on a bike and my son is a little over 100hrs. We get plenty of seat time between riding and racing.

Taking all day just to ride 3 times at 8 minutes each just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I get about 70 hours a year of seat time and it's not from racing moto. Lots of open practice and transitioning to off-road. I do not even like riding in the woods that much but the racing product is better for my money - I love to race and gncc seems to scratch that racing itch.

Taking all day just to ride 3 times at 8 minutes each just doesn't make sense to me anymore.

I get about 70 hours a year of seat time and it's not from racing moto. Lots of open practice and transitioning to off-road. I do not even like riding in the woods that much but the racing product is better for my money - I love to race and gncc seems to scratch that racing itch.
I agree with you. Once my son is off 50s I’m going to push him to do some woods stuff. Personally I think it builds a better rider.

I had a problem with the double gates. This weekend the second motos went down to 3 laps I wasn’t happy about it but it is what it is. Anyways 14-24 or (college boy) was double gated with 40 plus. First moto they dropped them first so they could go all 4 laps without being lapped which I get but we caught up to them in a lap. Then we have to go thru them while also battling with our own riders. Second moto comes around and they drop my class first. Once again we catch up to them on the second lap and I am in the lead with someone right on me. Dude stays in the main line instead of moving over after I was reving the bike so I had to jump ruts and go out to block pass a kid due to me not being able to take the main line cause the lapper was there. Then I get passed by someone in my class on the inside where I would of been if the lapper wasn’t. We jump the tabletop hauling down the hill and another lapper gets in the inside main line so I had to go wide and am bar to bar with the dude next to me and the lapper comes over on me making me not be able to jump the triple and then almost get landed on by the dude behind me in my class and just like that went from 1st to 4th in a moto where if that class wasn’t gated with us I would of won it. If your going to double gate motos you have to have classes with the same or near same speed and skill level out there. Schoolboy and college boy together yes but schoolboy or college boy with any vet classes shouldn’t happen.

I had a problem with the double gates. This weekend the second motos went down to 3 laps I wasn’t happy about it but it is what it is. Anyways 14-24 or (college boy) was double gated with 40 plus. First moto they dropped them first so they could go all 4 laps without being lapped which I get but we caught up to them in a lap. Then we have to go thru them while also battling with our own riders. Second moto comes around and they drop my class first. Once again we catch up to them on the second lap and I am in the lead with someone right on me. Dude stays in the main line instead of moving over after I was reving the bike so I had to jump ruts and go out to block pass a kid due to me not being able to take the main line cause the lapper was there. Then I get passed by someone in my class on the inside where I would of been if the lapper wasn’t. We jump the tabletop hauling down the hill and another lapper gets in the inside main line so I had to go wide and am bar to bar with the dude next to me and the lapper comes over on me making me not be able to jump the triple and then almost get landed on by the dude behind me in my class and just like that went from 1st to 4th in a moto where if that class wasn’t gated with us I would of won it. If your going to double gate motos you have to have classes with the same or near same speed and skill level out there. Schoolboy and college boy together yes but schoolboy or college boy with any vet classes shouldn’t happen.
The way you describe the race it sounds like it was exciting!

How is Fox doing? Anyone in touch with him?
I'm alive and well. Started a new career about 5 years ago and it took away a lot of my free time for shooting photos. With Beans having races next year I'll probably be back to shoot photos again.
I'm still a huge outdoor MX fan and follow all the pro races very closely. Congats to Ferrandis and J Lawrence on their championships, would have liked to seen Tomac up top and think it will be interesting to see how he does on the Yamaha next year.

Buckeye tried quads at CTMX the one race, and hell about 8 people showed up. Just made no sense. The length of the day is getting ridiculous. We are adding 60 plus for 2 or 3 riders, vet warrior, clydesdales, it freaking never stops. Time to cut back on some of the classes that just do not make sense or are not needed.

I get double gating classes, has to be done. But like last week, 40 plus is dropped in front of Open B. Then you had 40 plus riders yelling at B riders that they were taken out. The next moto Open B is dropped first, and in a 3 lap moto, Open B is into the back of the 40 plus class, and the leaders are jumping past slow vets. The B riders are shitin and gettin. We have to be a little smart about what we are combining to get through the day. Bottom line, stop adding classes!
Wrong class John it was 6 college boys and some of the 40 plus riders was faster

Screenshot_20210919-194823_Chrome.jpg

Back