GP Series coming back for 2022.....

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I think the property will have a lot to do with how much grasstrack and variety we can have. I liked the DITD at dade city this year - roached a tire but I've never raced my bike in a barn or on the road before.

Don't plan on endruocross sections - those never work. People always go around.

Grears would be next on the list easily if we have one of the other 4 venues bow out - they have an awesome property for a GP.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
A few ideas we were kicking around as well

• Change how the start of the race is done each time (live engine, dead engine, stand behind your bike, etc)
  • Course preview posted on social before each round
  • Swag bag raffles at each round

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Honestly from my perspective even if you change it to more a moto feel I still think it wouldn’t draw moto riders. With races almost every weekend from may to October I don’t see anyone going to race a gp moto race over just a normal motocross race. I could be wrong but the race Ohio series has a crowd of their own and those people will not ride anything that isn’t race Ohio. I try to get people to try to race oma and race the battles they never want to. So if they won’t go race a moto race on the off weekends I don’t see them wanting to go to a woods race. Hopefully I am wrong and you get great crowds but just from my perspective of what people do. BTW a on the off weekends of race Ohio bcliff raced and not a single race Ohio person was there and I tried to get people to come their loyalty to one series is weird and stupid to me but hey everyone’s different

hershey

PR Elite
Honestly from my perspective even if you change it to more a moto feel I still think it wouldn’t draw moto riders. With races almost every weekend from may to October I don’t see anyone going to race a gp moto race over just a normal motocross race. I could be wrong but the race Ohio series has a crowd of their own and those people will not ride anything that isn’t race Ohio. I try to get people to try to race oma and race the battles they never want to. So if they won’t go race a moto race on the off weekends I don’t see them wanting to go to a woods race. Hopefully I am wrong and you get great crowds but just from my perspective of what people do. BTW a on the off weekends of race Ohio bcliff raced and not a single race Ohio person was there and I tried to get people to come their loyalty to one series is weird and stupid to me but hey everyone’s different
They are going to try and schedule on off weekends. I'm thinking it will be an ok start but by the 2nd year it should gain steam. You need to try one, they are more fun than mx imo

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I think our crowd is going to be more off road than motocross - but I think with mindful scheduling we can pull some moto riders.

Our second biggest demographic is probably the non-racer honestly. Pro practicer/returning to the sport.

Southern Ohio doesn't show up to much up north - maybe by year 2 or 3 we can draw from those other markets.

I can promise our schedule will be last one published.

Last edited:

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
The GP's that they are speaking of aren't really woods tracks. They are 8-10' wide through the woods and some MX track. Show up 30 minutes before your preset moto time, race for 30-45 minutes and go home. That's the attraction. Not waiting around all day to ride 8 laps.

This. I think the format is the best part. It's a short day with plenty of riding.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I had fun at the BC GP back long ago. Big track, C track and wide woods loop. No single track... Just me I suppose.
I thought overall it was fun. I think the track had too much continuous woods at one point in the track. Like Vet261 mentioned earlier, I think GP tracks are more fun when they just pop in the woods for a little bit. If I ever did it again, I would keep that in mind for track design. It was super fun though, just not enough time to commit to it right now.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I had fun at the BC GP back long ago. Big track, C track and wide woods loop. No single track... Just me I suppose.

BC would be a great spot to do a GP as well. I think we are going to have to prove ourselves at our venues first before we could go to a BC type track.

Part of keeping everything close to New Phila this year is logistics too. Our trail crew guys are all local to that area - to go after work and cut in a course a few weeks before the event makes life a little easier when it's 10-35 minutes from home.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Couple more comments:

Grears would be an awesome GP with all the tracks and property.

Regarding GP layouts -- the most fun layouts I've ridden are the most creative. It's easy to just get stuck into the routine of go around MX track, then dip into the woods. That's lazy layout in my opinion.
One of the most fun things about the TV Land GPs was the variety, a few turns/straights on MX, then dip into the woods for a straight, then into grass field, etc.
You also don't have to abibe by the rule of running the MX track exactly how it's laid out. You can hit some sections backwards, cross ways, etc.
Creativity is key.
Run to the bike start. Steel ramps. Rock piles.grass section. Moto. Woods. Logs. Tvland was awesome.