GP Series coming back for 2022.....

hershey

PR Elite
Run to the bike start. Steel ramps. Rock piles.grass section. Moto. Woods. Logs. Tvland was awesome.
We did the run to the bike starts some where. Vet261 beat me to the bikes. Actually, everyone did, I'm a terrible runner. Heather runs marathons and after the race proceeded to make fun of me for my horrible running ability.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
So far we have verbal's from Malvern, Crow Canyon and the Green Valley Golf Course location.

Waiting on one more bike park to confirm...cough cough.

trent56mx

PR Addict
I'm glad to be reading this. Had a great time at the GP's I raced. 2 Malvern and one COCR. Will definitely try to race these next year.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Almost need a presign up process. Like these 5k do with gimmicky s**t

Sport tag offers pre registration - which is good.

As of now our plan is no memberships but we are going to bump classes up a bit to offset that cost - and encourage people to come try a race since there are no membership requirements.

hershey

PR Elite
Sport tag offers pre registration - which is good.

As of now our plan is no memberships but we are going to bump classes up a bit to offset that cost - and encourage people to come try a race since there are no membership requirements.
Thats a great Idea. The Race Ohio series offers a $5 daily membership for those that dont want a full year sign up, we used it this year already.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Kind of in a holding pattern for now. Waiting on schedules to start dropping. Probably have a meeting next week and I'll get some more updates.

Facebook is LIVE. God help us all.

Buying some hardware (laptops, etc) for the scoring equipment and sponsorship packets are going out - if anyone is interested please let me know and I'll get one over to you.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Also - if anyone has any good ideas on how to get fools to return transponders please let me know.

Right now we are looking at having a team of guys with side cuts taking them off as people come off the track but I smell a headache and a lot of annoyed riders waiting in line to get their transponders cut off.

EROC does this system now - I don't know how well its going.

But I do know that every transponder we do not have back costs us $100. Owie.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Also - if anyone has any good ideas on how to get fools to return transponders please let me know.

Right now we are looking at having a team of guys with side cuts taking them off as people come off the track but I smell a headache and a lot of annoyed riders waiting in line to get their transponders cut off.

EROC does this system now - I don't know how well its going.

But I do know that every transponder we do not have back costs us $100. Owie.
Its standard practice at Regionals and ATV Nationals to put like $100-$125 down as deposit when renting them, then keep the deposit if they are not returned. This amount is a guess, I haven't rented one since 2018.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Its standard practice at Regionals and ATV Nationals to put like $100-$125 down as deposit when renting them, then keep the deposit if they are not returned. This amount is a guess, I haven't rented one since 2018.

Yeah I was thinking we might need to take a deposit. All of the bigger races I have gone to (red bud, high point etc) take your CC down.

hershey

PR Elite
Yeah I was thinking we might need to take a deposit. All of the bigger races I have gone to (red bud, high point etc) take your CC down.
The EROC GP,,'s we ran had RFID stickers on our visors that lasted all season for 5 bucks. But I will say that system had a lot of inconsistencies in scoring. Lol

Are you using mylaps then?

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
The EROC GP,,'s we ran had RFID stickers on our visors that lasted all season for 5 bucks. But I will say that system had a lot of inconsistencies in scoring. Lol

Are you using mylaps then?

Sport Tag - gncc uses these and now so does EROC.

1633436057864.png

jj584

PR Addict
Excited for something new. Just advertise the things well, every time EROC makes a post about an upcoming event they fail to mention the location on the social posts. you have to go to the website and get into the schedule.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Excited for something new. Just advertise the things well, every time EROC makes a post about an upcoming event they fail to mention the location on the social posts. you have to go to the website and get into the schedule.

3/4 venues are at well know motocross tracks - I'll be sure it's loud and clear on the race ads.

I'm excited too. I hope to race a morning class then get behind the camcorder the rest of the day.