NEW 2022 KTM

Vet261

PR Addict
You have a valid point. Let me rephrase it... They've made a dumb decision not to upgrade to a higher model suspension system entirely on the factory editions. Lol

Sharc, I've read the same stuff about cvs, but it wouldn't stop me and I don't think it would stop anyone else that's already considering this type of bike.

I get it that you want cone valves and traxx shock, but that's an extra 5K so now you are talking about a $17,000 dirt bike....I'm sure all those discussions were had in meetings with all the special edition bikes and it came down to a cost/return basis and pushing the bikes over that cost tipping point.

You bought a $12k Honda without any special suspension....why would you only buy a KTM FE/ Rockstar/ GG TLD if if it had WP top of the line suspension?

The Kaw SR is the only one that really comes with a major suspension upgrade/change.

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father
I get it that you want cone valves and traxx shock, but that's an extra 5K so now you are talking about a $17,000 dirt bike....I'm sure all those discussions were had in meetings with all the special edition bikes and it came down to a cost/return basis and pushing the bikes over that cost tipping point.

You bought a $12k Honda without any special suspension....why would you only buy a KTM FE/ Rockstar/ GG TLD if if it had WP top of the line suspension?

The Kaw SR is the only one that really comes with a major suspension upgrade/change.
Ktm pushed the envelope with the original factory editions, and they took off like wild fire. Another bump in factory-ish parts could be the next envelope.

The suspension on the Honda is close to A kit shoes stuff, and with the works edition they've added the kit coatings and 18mm coated shock shaft, so aside from billet lugs and fancy caps, it's close. I wouldn't say the SR is any better than the stuff on my bike. If so, fill me in? My brain will choose oil over air every time. While the air stuff may be just fine for many, this stuffs a mental game and my mentalness needs oil. Lol

Obviously I'm a sucker for these edition bikes and even made calls about locating a green one, but it wasn't easy so I figured I'd keep my current one. Plus, I rode a 22 kx after they released the SR and while it was nice, it didn't feel nearly as comfy or throaty as my Honda. I would have to do more set up type changes to get that at home feel. I do love my honda though. Feels like a 250f with 450 power.

hershey

PR Elite
Ktm pushed the envelope with the original factory editions, and they took off like wild fire.
They didn't push the envelope. The number one reason they started them was racing. By offering 300 units for sale prior to SX, they get to use the next model year in sx.

Meister

PR Founding Father
They did. They were the first of the kind to release something like that aside from different color plastics and monster stickers. Regardless if it was to beat homologation rules or not, they did something outside the box that cost more.

Vet261

PR Addict
I forgot the CRF came with the suspension mods, cool stuff.

If I really, really didn't want my air forks (oil-less as some think haha) then I would just put the Ohlins spring cartridge inserts in them. Possibly the Race tech kit but I would prefer the Ohlins inserts.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
WFISEM4KPJVLW3KSU7O3LD26FE.jpg

hershey

PR Elite
I forgot the CRF came with the suspension mods, cool stuff.

If I really, really didn't want my air forks (oil-less as some think haha) then I would just put the Ohlins spring cartridge inserts in them. Possibly the Race tech kit but I would prefer the Ohlins inserts.
Shhhh...oil, air it's all the same

John250

PR Founding Father
It would look better with silver rims though. Lol
I like barcia's bike as well. The wheels would look great if they were just red rims with red or black hubs. The "Method" writing all over the wheels in white looks like crap.