Stark is here

freeh

PR Founding Father
I'll take a white one to match my white Husky, also formerly of Sweden. lol. You can also choose a rear hand brake as opposed to a foot brake. At first I thought, no way, but I am rethinking it before I put my deposit down. Also, I need to lose a few pounds to get to their max weight for suspension settings. lol

Bill480

PR Addict
I'll take a white one to match my white Husky, also formerly of Sweden. lol. You can also choose a rear hand brake as opposed to a foot brake. At first I thought, no way, but I am rethinking it before I put my deposit down

yea i can't decide

freeh

PR Founding Father
yea i can't decide
Strange, right? Am I trying to go more toward the feel of my mtb, or stick with the traditional motorcycle concept.
Also, I am 100% positive I do not need 80hp! That decision took about 1 second. Love the fact that they made it more android-centric. Got no love for Apple products, or the company. I think the guy is delusional in thinking this will allow all of those euro tracks to re-open. Some may open, but the people that shut them down will find another reason to keep them closed beyond the noise issue.

hershey

PR Elite
I'm all about the electric bikes taking over. Having rode the Alts, I was really impressed! Something I believe will need addressed, the lack of a clutch. I fully understand the electric motor doesn't require one but for rider control I think something needs programmed with a lever to give the same feel. There are situations where a clutch modulating power to the wheel simply makes roding safer and also more effective. Cornering through a rough rut or a seriously rough section were really tough on the Alta because modulating with your wrist on the throttle is very difficult compared to using one finger on the clutch. The instant on with the electric motor made it even worse.

I think a shifter to change power levels would be cool too.

The future is looking fun !

Bill480

PR Addict
Strange, right? Am I trying to go more toward the feel of my mtb, or stick with the traditional motorcycle concept.
Also, I am 100% positive I do not need 80hp! That decision took about 1 second. Love the fact that they made it more android-centric. Got no love for Apple products, or the company. I think the guy is delusional in thinking this will allow all of those euro tracks to re-open. Some may open, but the people that shut them down will find another reason to keep them closed beyond the noise issue.

every time i ride a scooter with a left hand rear brake i get very confused and have to think about wtf im doing before grabbing either lever o_O. also assuming it will have some regenerative braking, may not be as big of a deal as i'm imagining.

i'm positive i don't need the claimed "80hp" but i also feel it will hold a little more value being "the fast one"

freeh

PR Founding Father
every time i ride a scooter with a left hand rear brake i get very confused and have to think about wtf im doing before grabbing either lever o_O. also assuming it will have some regenerative braking, may not be as big of a deal as i'm imagining.

i'm positive i don't need the claimed "80hp" but i also feel it will hold a little more value being "the fast one"
Same for me when braking. I have to think about too much on an mtb. Will probably just go with the standard foot brake.
I had the same thoughts about re-sale. The 80hp model may hold value better. Plus, it is tuneable. Still, 60 is plenty. I wonder if there is a weight difference.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Their marketing department is on point! If I buy the bike can I get the jawline and hairstyle. Seems my double chin look is out. Dude looks 7’ tall.

Vet261

PR Addict
Stefan Pierer on the phone with Stark execs....

will-find-you-and-will-buy-you.jpg

Bill480

PR Addict
Same for me when braking. I have to think about too much on an mtb. Will probably just go with the standard foot brake.
I had the same thoughts about re-sale. The 80hp model may hold value better. Plus, it is tuneable. Still, 60 is plenty. I wonder if there is a weight difference.

they don't list one; wonder if they are taking a page out of tesla's book and limiting output via software.

Matt Berger

PR Member
The reason Stark designed this bike to be so powerful (80hp) is actually quite genius... electric motors operate most efficiently right in the middle. You will never be using the full 80 hp (650cc equivalent), so by them making them this powerful, the bike will operate much more efficiently, therefore extending your battery life.

So if you are trying to decide between the 60 hp vs 80 hp... go with the 80. You'll never need it, but it will give you a more efficient machine. Throw the "250cc or 450cc" mode in and call it a day!

Bill480

PR Addict
The reason Stark designed this bike to be so powerful (80hp) is actually quite genius... electric motors operate most efficiently right in the middle. You will never be using the full 80 hp (650cc equivalent), so by them making them this powerful, the bike will operate much more efficiently, therefore extending your battery life.

So if you are trying to decide between the 60 hp vs 80 hp... go with the 80. You'll never need it, but it will give you a more efficient machine. Throw the "250cc or 450cc" mode in and call it a day!

That's assuming the bikes come with different motors, I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere yet.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
The thing about electric bikes I don’t understand honestly is the battery. Is the battery’s time long enough so say I’m racing that day I can ride practice and 6 motos without it dieing? Seems to me these bikes are built to ride but not to race by any means