Stark is here

hershey

PR Elite
The thing about electric bikes I don’t understand honestly is the battery. Is the battery’s time long enough so say I’m racing that day I can ride practice and 6 motos without it dieing? Seems to me these bikes are built to ride but not to race by any means
This new bike lists a ride time of 6 hours. Not many people can put that amount of time on a bike in one day.

trent56mx

PR Addict
This new bike lists a ride time of 6 hours. Not many people can put that amount of time on a bike in one day.
I think that is light trail riding. Perronard said Tortelli got 40 minutes on an MX track going Tortelli speed.

Reactions: TBO

Bill480

PR Addict
I think that is light trail riding. Perronard said Tortelli got 40 minutes on an MX track going Tortelli speed.
They were very vague with that 6 hour claim; I guess all we can do is wait

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Peronnard is one of those guys that - everything he touches turns to gold -
I sure hope his streak continues with this. I want one !

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Ok, it's been a few days and still don't see anything persuading me NOT to take the leap and send that turtleneck wearing viking a benjamin.
It's all positive stuff.
It's well known that the Spaniards are CRAZY about motorsports so the talent & infrastructure to manufacture in low volume should be in the demographic.

Have any of you pulled the trigger ???

hershey

PR Elite
Ok, it's been a few days and still don't see anything persuading me NOT to take the leap and send that turtleneck wearing viking a benjamin.
It's all positive stuff.
It's well known that the Spaniards are CRAZY about motorsports so the talent & infrastructure to manufacture in low volume should be in the demographic.

Have any of you pulled the trigger ???
I'm waiting till the 2nd year of production. Let them work a few bugs out first. Then I'm in if all is good

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I’m cool with 60HP. But the efficiency hit for the 80 makes sense for $1,000.

this damn thing is the future. Don’t tell Gary Bruce.

how many of y’all clicked/tapped on the order block…..? Don’t lie.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I'm waiting till the 2nd year of production. Let them work a few bugs out first. Then I'm in if all is good
AHHHH - that's the only fly in the ointment...
How can the company stay in existence ?
I've had dozens , if not more ICE bikes because -
They wear out -
I wanted a different size -
Mine became obsolete -
.....None of this is relevant with E
Soooo after everyone has one, how's the viking getting any more money???

freeh

PR Founding Father
They wear out -
Mine became obsolete -
That was my typical reaction, as I am not usually an early adopter of technology. For some reason I am more interested in taking the risk this time, but I have not yet put down my deposit. I will research it some more this weekend. I saw one with numbers / graphics applied and it looked great. It may have been photoshop though.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Freeh, have you had the chance to ride an Alta ?
I only got 2-3 laps at Malvern.
I was pleasantly surprised & it was WAY more than I expected.

hershey

PR Elite
They wear out -
Mine became obsolete -
Let's be realistic, many of us in the vet classes buy bikes because they are the new model, not because our bike is worn out.

Mini parents buy multiple new bikes a season if they are into racing because the kids put a TON of hours on a bike and wear them out. Top ends and cranks aren't the only thing that wears out. Frames stretch and handle different by 100 hours, levers feel funny, vibrate and squeak, wheels get all banged up and bearings every where go bad.

There is nothing like a good fresshie every year for the boy and once every few years for me. Austin will have had 3 bikes this year and put about 200 hours of seat time in.

That's how they continue to sell bikes and make money.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
You're going to spend $13,000 for some new perches and 4 wheel bearings ?
Edit: What perches ????? it don't even have a clutch

hershey

PR Elite
You're going to spend $13,000 for some new perches and 4 wheel bearings ?
Edit: What perches ????? it don't even have a clutch
But you have brakes.

When is the last time you kept a bike for more than 2 years??? Or any of our group that rides regularly for that matter. Not counting bikes that sit around as garage queens. Longest I've owned a bike is 3 years ever.

No, sell at 10k and buy new every 2 years or so for 13k

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I've only had ICE bikes...... that the manufacturer claims is no longer competitive once the new improved model has been released ...

Bill480

PR Addict
I’m cool with 60HP. But the efficiency hit for the 80 makes sense for $1,000.

this damn thing is the future. Don’t tell Gary Bruce.

how many of y’all clicked/tapped on the order block…..? Don’t lie.

i clicked on it a few times but then was reminded by someone in the other room that i did that once on a certain car and that $100 never came back to me lol

would like to see honda's offering before committing, at least mentally, to having to wear a turtleneck all the time.

John250

PR Founding Father
My thing with electric bikes, what is the projected motor life? All our kids have had battery powered toys, we've all used battery powered tools. Its like eventually they die and you throw them away. There is no fixing them. Or when the battery starts going it works, but not very well.

Whats the life expectancy? Also let's say a race is a real murder. 30 minutes of heavy load mud race. How will the battery powered bike do in extreme conditions?