Stark is here

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Dude, remember when I got back on the 520 at Smith after being on the RM 250 for months.
I HATED the big 4 stroke and envisioned killing myself on it.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Zipping off the gate and down the long OIR start straight on your VARG, are you ready?
Unfortunately - the start straight is full of weeds
We don't use it during open ride days.
But the rest of the track is screaming "RIDE ME"

Reactions: k01

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Anyone know if Alta was using Mag for the battery housing? Stark is.
Casting Mag is much more expensive than Alu.
We've made a few things for the military that have electronics and communication stuff inside.
The military will ONLY use Mag because of its magical shielding properties.
The light weight is an added bonus but it's not the main reason.
It's something to do with how it "shields" when used in electronics.

The reasons why are out of my realm - maybe someone can fill in the blanks????

Edit: The cost of actual casting in not that much different.
More caution needs to be had by the casting company ( because Mag burns and you can't extinguish with water) .
It's the cost of the raw material that is much greater.
Plus, Mag allows engineering detail to be included in the raw casting that Alu just can't

Last edited:

freeh

PR Founding Father
Freeh, have you had the chance to ride an Alta ?
I only got 2-3 laps at Malvern.
I was pleasantly surprised & it was WAY more than I expected.
Nope, never rode one. I was briefly out of the sport when they were all the rage two years ago.

Meister

PR Founding Father
This one made me laugh a little.
Screenshot_20211216-191621.png

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Funny how on one hand I want a 22 YZ125. Then on the other hand I want an 80hp electric bike.

Imagine trying to ride those two in the same day hahaha. There would be some good near loop outs and then a lot of bogging going on....
Think of never having to ever shift again

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Funny how on one hand I want a 22 YZ125. Then on the other hand I want an 80hp electric bike.

Imagine trying to ride those two in the same day hahaha. There would be some good near loop outs and then a lot of bogging going on....
I got this strange feeling my grandkids will not know how to ride a gas engine bike.
Pull the old carbureted dusty thing out of the garage under a layer of dust. Start it. And watch how confused they are at the clutch, gas; bogging as vet mentioned….

then old ass grandpa get on that thing and make it sing like they’ve never heard before…..

k01

PR Elite
I got this strange feeling my grandkids will not know how to ride a gas engine bike.
Pull the old carbureted dusty thing out of the garage under a layer of dust. Start it. And watch how confused they are at the clutch, gas; bogging as vet mentioned….

then old ass grandpa get on that thing and make it sing like they’ve never heard before…..
Keep a WRX around too. Know how hard it is to find a new stick shift car today?

k01

PR Elite
Quickly eliminating everything I love about motorcycles. Might as well just leave the bike in the garage and just take up golf. :(
Maybe Stark could partner with Mattel to add the VARG V-RROOM their extensive list of options. Would that make it better for you?
9e1d6ff3e8c0a3f0df3e081c3af7d382.jpg

NQ1965

PR Elite
Maybe Stark could partner with Mattel to add the VARG V-RROOM their extensive list of options. Would that make it better for you?
View attachment 74128

Haha, somehow I knew this would get asked :D

or one of these:

NQ - have you ridden an Alta ?
My gosh, no. If I rode an electri-cycle, my bikes would have a massive fit and buck me off over the first jump afterward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: k01