Rigs. Small trucks, towing, vans. etc

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Just saw Ford has stopped taking orders for the new Maverick.

I guess they said demand is high for them and they look to resume taking orders in the summer

I think there is a market for a small cheap truck - it’s just a fuzzzzz too small for me. And ultra lite campers are insane expensive.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I haul that much with my Ford focus. I thought we were talking about hauling heavy stuff,, not kids toys.

And I only have 12k in my diesel dually, bought it wrecked with 12k miles for 6k. It's not easy to save money on good stuff, you just have to work at it ! Lol
I rode my dollar van for as long as I could. Miss that thing.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
47C54B5E-266E-4465-B322-8EC8F2D89B23.png
Last seen dying a slow and painful death at pull a part….

XPROMXR

Noob
I

I drove a new frontier and it didn’t feel small to me. I’m also using an NV200 right now so take that for what’s it’s worth. Only time I would really drag the trailer would be when I’m going out of town. So maybe 5-10 times a year.

I was trying to find a long bed but the dealership I was working with compared finding one to winning the lottery. Lol. I think the short bed would work barely but wouldn’t be much good for anything else.
I would look at the Tacoma crew cab long bed. That's what I used in California... great truck....still have here in Ohio.

Attachments

• IMG_20140516_102453_491.jpg
    IMG_20140516_102453_491.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 66

jj584

PR Addict
I am an enclosed trailer fan. I like having somewhere to work or hangout, I also like to leave everything in it during the summer. Its nice getting home and the kid just grabs the gear bag and cooler throw the locks on and it sits until next time. The last couple I have had were setup with water tanks and everything. Its nice to wash at the track before you go home. Ive had about 25 different enclosed trailers setup different ways, so if you have questions just ask.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I think there is a market for a small cheap truck - it’s just a fuzzzzz too small for me. And ultra lite campers are insane expensive.
I just bought a new camper. It’s 22ft hard side Coleman.. only 3,000 pounds fry..actually wasn’t to bad I got it on sale for $14,000… what’s insane is my pop up camper I traded in they have listed for $10,900… like. Wut.

MxFreedom33

PR Elite
I haul that much with my Ford focus. I thought we were talking about hauling heavy stuff,, not kids toys.

And I only have 12k in my diesel dually, bought it wrecked with 12k miles for 6k. It's not easy to save money on good stuff, you just have to work at it ! Lol
No actually this entire post was about hauling light stuff, and small trucks lol.

ktrop251

PR Member
I got a new truck last year because incentives were good and they offered me more than what I paid for my trade. I paid less for a new one than I would for a used one. Crazy.

That being said, growing up I hauled a 6×12 v nose enclosed trailer, single axle with 2 bikes a toolbox and a bunch of parts using a 1998 chevy blazer with a v6. Braking was where it seemed to struggle the most if I remember correctly. It pulled the trailer surprisingly well.

My issue with a small truck is they're so close in price to a full size and the fuel economy isn't that much different if you're looking at a 4x4 which after this winter, I'd recommend unless you're getting a 4cyl. Anything more and I have found you're more likely to spin. 4cyl seemed to track a little better than a v6 in 2wd. The parts really aren't too much different as far as normal wear and tear items. I wanted a Colorado or Tacoma but price wise it made more sense to buy new full size.

k01

PR Elite
Forest-River-No-Boundaries-Toy-Hauler-1024x693.jpg

I was just at the Tampa RV show
The Small Toy Hauler rigs like these were having all kinds of interest
That one looks cool but isn't rigged right for the way I would use it. I could pull something that size with a Subaru Ascent and get great gas mileage.