2022 GLENDALE SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT

Scoob

PR Founding Father
For some reason the typical Pre-race report is a little late this week. A lot to read about on MXAmag.com though about the race and things supercrossy...
UPDATED 2022 SUPERCROSS POINT STANDINGS HEADING INTO RD. 5 GLENDALE SUPERCROSS

I'd like to see ET3 follow up his win last week with another, but not sure the field will let this happen. Something tells me it will be one of the ones on the podium last week for our first 2 time winner. I am not betting on it though...

John250

PR Founding Father
Damn Scoob. Rooting on Eli on the blue bike. Your son is on a Yamaha. What's next, a YZ 250 for Scoob?

I also for some reason think Eli is going to back up last week this week. He might go on a little run. He will podium for sure.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Damn Scoob. Rooting on Eli on the blue bike. Your son is on a Yamaha. What's next, a YZ 250 for Scoob?

I also for some reason think Eli is going to back up last week this week. He might go on a little run. He will podium for sure.
I know right? I feel dirty...lol. Truth is, I always root Kawi, but I do actually like a few of the riders...ET included. I am thinking YZ65 once we're done with the 50's...although I am in hopes for a fresh updated KX65 by then. Not sure if Spencer will go for it. His favorite color is blue.

Tomac usually does well at the Triple Crowns and he is more consistent than ever, so... Just a one 10 whoop section. Hopefully the multiple rhythm sections produce some options for riders to separate themselves.

TRACK-PHOENIZ-5.jpeg

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
I feel like the layout of the tracks has been a little different this year at least. Would be cool if they did a couple races like Pontiac and ran them up in the stands and back down again. Change it up.

Meister

PR Founding Father
This is a tricky one.. I don't feel like this format lends itself in nature to Eli. Even though I'd like it to.

When I think of who can be up front quick with the necessary intensity to be at the front early, I think roczen, sexton, and Anderson. Eli excels mid to late moto in a hunt down fashion. Anderson is proving to be pretty good at both baring any mistakes. I have my pick on sexton.

I'd like to see a surprise from mookie or our Ohio boy though..

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Anderson is going to take the title as long as his bike holds up and he doesnt get hurt.
Umm, I can't for definite it isn't going to, just not where I'd lay my cards at the moment. Guess we'll see until the tide changes and someone else joins the party... Roczen will be up front early, but just seems he can't hang. Granted, Anderson taking him out in a racing incident shouldn't be common, but Anderson would have passed him anyway along with a few in tow...
This is a tricky one.. I don't feel like this format lends itself in nature to Eli. Even though I'd like it to.

When I think of who can be up front quick with the necessary intensity to be at the front early, I think roczen, sexton, and Anderson. Eli excels mid to late moto in a hunt down fashion. Anderson is proving to be pretty good at both baring any mistakes. I have my pick on sexton.

I'd like to see a surprise from mookie or our Ohio boy though..
Yeah, I am hearing you loud and clear. As I wrote that, I was thinking per stats, it doesn't, but I am thinking per history Eli has done well at the Triple Crowns. Maybe it was just the first one and that's all I can remember...lol. Knox, have any stats on this?

I'd like to see Mookie up in the mix as well. AP is a fav just due to the Ohio connection. I'd like to see the top ten in points within striking distance all season. Well, maybe at least top 5...lol.
POS.#NAMEPOINTS
13Eli Tomac85
223Chase Sexton79 (-6)
321Jason Anderson77 (-8)
41Cooper Webb73 (-12)
551Justin Barcia72 (-13)
627Malcolm Stewart70 (-15)
714Dylan Ferrandis64 (-21)
825Marvin Musquin64 (-21)
994Ken Roczen62 (-23)
107Aaron Plessinger55 (-30)

hershey

PR Elite
I liked the original triple crown rules, the three different length races really highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of individual riders.

Mark414

PR Member
Futures suck, guy wins quaifing by 10 seconds, what a joke. 20 lap race he will lap everyone. .need a 125 class, pro level , what a big laugh.

John250

PR Founding Father
Futures suck, guy wins quaifing by 10 seconds, what a joke. 20 lap race he will lap everyone. .need a 125 class, pro level , what a big laugh.
Hard to believe there is only 10 guys that want to race SX futures.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Trent nailed it. Friese pulled a douche move for sure. Props to the +30 guy for that 10 minute pass fest though..

Damn sextons letting me down..