2022 GLENDALE SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT

John250

PR Founding Father
Vince just makes dumb moves.

So are those Yamaha's still not made for SX? Tomac looks great. DF14 passes more guys than anyone every single week.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Vince made a boring race watchable. Craig should be embarrassed to still be in that class. Kinda becoming a Freeze fan.
Big night for Mookie. Cool to see.

John250

PR Founding Father
Vince made a boring race watchable. Craig should be embarrassed to still be in that class. Kinda becoming a Freeze fan.
Big night for Mookie. Cool to see.
Craig is eligible. Change the rules then. Obviously he has 450 speed. He ran in the top 5 outdoors all last summer. These guys race where they get paid the most. I am sure aa 250 Championship will pay him more than some 450 rides. So where would you race?

The futures class sucks. 10 to 15 guys are all that show up, and they look like crap past 3rd place. Just my opinion.

Time to do away with 250 east and west. Make it one class at all 17 rounds. It would make the class very good at all rounds. Add a shorter main for a non points paying 250F support class. This is where the other half of the 250 class belongs. When they are ready they move up to the 250f class. Run their heats during the day, only the main is part of the night show. They have time in a 3 hour show to work in a 10 minute main.

Oh, and the Yamaha. Well it looks great. All those people who said it was a horrible supercross bike are stupid. I've said for years it's the riders that were on them. Everyone that changed brands are having the same success on the new brands. Webb, he admitted when he was at Yamaha he was not training and his head was wrong. Ap7? Looked better on the Yamaha. Barcia? His results are the same on either bike. DF14? Faster than hell on the Yamaha. Top qualifier, his starts suck, and by far passes more fast guys every week than anyone else. So tell me again how bad the Yamaha is?

Last edited:

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Craig is eligible. Change the rules then. Obviously he has 450 speed. He ran in the top 5 outdoors all last summer. These guys race where they get paid the most. I am sure aa 250 Championship will pay him more than some 450 rides. So where would you race?

The futures class sucks. 10 to 15 guys are all that show up, and they look like crap past 3rd place. Just my opinion.

Time to do away with 250 east and west. Make it one class at all 17 rounds. It would make the class very good at all rounds. Add a shorter main for a non points paying 250F support class. This is where the other half of the 250 class belongs. When they are ready they move up to the 250f class. Run their heats during the day, only the main is part of the night show. They have time in a 3 hour show to work in a 10 minute main.

Oh, and the Yamaha. Well it looks great. All those people who said it was a horrible supercross bike are stupid. I've said for years it's the riders that were on them. Everyone that changed brands are having the same success on the new brands. Webb, he admitted when he was at Yamaha he was not training and his head was wrong. Ap7? Looked better on the Yamaha. Barcia? His results are the same on either bike. DF14? Faster than hell on the Yamaha. Top qualifier, his starts suck, and by far passes more fast guys every week than anyone else. So tell me again how bad the Yamaha is?
I agree with making 250 a full time gig. But I don’t care if he is eligible. He has been in a “development” class for over 10 years. It’s cherry picking. Have some damn pride in yourself.
East, west is outdated
And no matter if they win every race or not. Yamaha is the ugliest bike out there. That wrap around exhaust and black plastic is just goofy looking.

ck1racerx

PR Addict

I agree with making 250 a full time gig. But I don’t care if he is eligible. He has been in a “development” class for over 10 years. It’s cherry picking. Have some damn pride in yourself.
East, west is outdated
And no matter if they win every race or not. Yamaha is the ugliest bike out there. That wrap around exhaust and black plastic is just goofy looking.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Yamaha has always had identity issues with color. Yellow, white, pink, red, blue, black. The blue rims with blue plastic looks good. They should stay with that. Then turn the damn engine around the way it should be. Even then, the bike is just ugly. I have always hated Honda but that bike is sexy.
Yamaha is Honda’s ugly, fat friend at the bar.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I think they are both POS. But I get it. Those are the rules. Still, working the rules to sandbag is still sandbagging. No dif then a B riding staying in the C class for LL.

hershey

PR Elite
I think they are both POS. But I get it. Those are the rules. Still, working the rules to sandbag is still sandbagging. No dif then a B riding staying in the C class for LL.
Nah.....250 guys regularly have lap times in the top 5 of the 450 class. It's all pro class, let them have at it.

trent56mx

PR Addict
I would have liked to been wrong about the Friese factor but it was in full effect.

Someone needs to disable that heat seeking missile toggle switch on his handlebars.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Kinda becoming a Freeze fan.
For some reason that's not a surprise to me... I am definately NOT a Friese fan. Carnage follows him whenever he is on the track. He's lucky he didn't hurt Craig. Dude flew all the way to the wall. Of course, Craig about took himself out the week prior on press day, so maybe carnage follows him as well to an extent...???
...But I get it. Those are the rules. Still, working the rules to sandbag is still sandbagging. No dif then a B riding staying in the C class for LL.
True statement...lol.

John250

PR Founding Father
Friese has zero race craft. He rides with the eyes in the back of his head instead of looking ahead. He cross jumps all the time, and is just a hazard on the track. He obviously is one of the fastest guys in the country, but man, he needs to check it once and a while.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Vince just makes dumb moves.

So are those Yamaha's still not made for SX? Tomac looks great. DF14 passes more guys than anyone every single week.
They're not stock bikes John. Not sure if you knew that....

hershey

PR Elite
If it was the first time or distant second time it happened, I might buy that. In that, I am not saying it was intentional. Heck, when I blow through someone on the track, it's not intentional. Still doesn't excuse the fact I'm a squid though...

Lol...im not saying he doesn't have a past. I'm saying watch the replay, he went for the inside rut and the sand didn't hold him. He blew through the inside line, went outside and ran into Craig.

Meister

PR Founding Father
I'm do
Lol...im not saying he doesn't have a past. I'm saying watch the replay, he went for the inside rut and the sand didn't hold him. He blew through the inside line, went outside and ran into Craig.
Meh. Looks like a conscious decision to make a straight line to the outside.