2022 GLENDALE SUPERCROSS PRE-RACE REPORT

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
These guys have been racing each other hundreds of times - the same handful of guys.
Same teams, same tracks, same practice.
That in itself must be a mind trip.

John250

PR Founding Father
I just laugh at the people online that post about Vince Friese sucking, lol. He consistently puts himself in 450 main events and has tons of top 15 finishes, and yet he sucks! This guy is one of the fastest SX riders in the world.

k01

PR Elite
Vince could be even faster if he would follow and learn from the faster guys when they pass, vs block/punt them every chance he gets. This actually applies to anyone, learn from the faster riders, blocking is a last lap kinda thing.
When he's passed his blocking skill immediately turns to target fixation and that sets up a punt. Nothing learned in that scenario and the fastest guys usually gap him quickly, hard to learn from a distance.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I just laugh at the people online that post about Vince Friese sucking, lol. He consistently puts himself in 450 main events and has tons of top 15 finishes, and yet he sucks! This guy is one of the fastest SX riders in the world.
You're right... they're right. He is fast to an extent. He sucks in that his bad laps always include another rider... multiple times.

Someone will get hurt one day if he doesn't make better decisions at times...

Good piece on Race Day Live with Friese. I'm not villifying him. He's a pro. The correlation with Kyle Busch fits...

Last edited: