mav tv sucks!!!!

John250

PR Founding Father
A letter from Davey Coombs ✍️

We have been working diligently with MAVTV to find a fix, and after five rounds of frustration, they made the difficult decision to move the streaming coverage to an entirely different (and much more dependable) platform in FloSports, on a new “MAVTV on FloRacing” channel. They are honoring the existing MAVTV Plus subscriptions through the end of this month, and MAVTV Plus will soon be refunding the balance of their annual subscriptions.

I would like to apologize to all of the fans and viewers who have struggled to watch with MAVTV Plus. I hope the change to watching “MAVTV on FloRacing” is as seamless as it is easy. I also want to apologize to all of the competitors and race teams, as well as the event promoters and sponsors, who have all worked so hard to make the 2022 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship the success that it’s otherwise been. The effort that everyone has put into motocross deserved better streaming coverage than we have given them this summer, and for that I am truly sorry. One thing that has remained true since Round 1 and will continue through the rest of the season is our commitment to providing our audience with the best coverage and easiest access to watch the races from anywhere you might be. We hope you continue to tune in to see these amazing riders on these great racetracks. - DC

Full letter on ProMotocross.com

hershey

PR Elite
A letter from Davey Coombs ✍️

We have been working diligently with MAVTV to find a fix, and after five rounds of frustration, they made the difficult decision to move the streaming coverage to an entirely different (and much more dependable) platform in FloSports, on a new “MAVTV on FloRacing” channel. They are honoring the existing MAVTV Plus subscriptions through the end of this month, and MAVTV Plus will soon be refunding the balance of their annual subscriptions.

I would like to apologize to all of the fans and viewers who have struggled to watch with MAVTV Plus. I hope the change to watching “MAVTV on FloRacing” is as seamless as it is easy. I also want to apologize to all of the competitors and race teams, as well as the event promoters and sponsors, who have all worked so hard to make the 2022 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship the success that it’s otherwise been. The effort that everyone has put into motocross deserved better streaming coverage than we have given them this summer, and for that I am truly sorry. One thing that has remained true since Round 1 and will continue through the rest of the season is our commitment to providing our audience with the best coverage and easiest access to watch the races from anywhere you might be. We hope you continue to tune in to see these amazing riders on these great racetracks. - DC

Full letter on ProMotocross.com
Eh. What ever. They knew the viewership numbers, someone dropped the ball on ensuring the servers could handle the load. I'm assuming it was more $ in Coombs pocket that caused the miscalculation!

Flo is 6.99 this season but jumps to 26.99 a month after mx is over. No thanks.

HalfPint

PR Addict
Eh. What ever. They knew the viewership numbers, someone dropped the ball on ensuring the servers could handle the load. I'm assuming it was more $ in Coombs pocket that caused the miscalculation!

Flo is 6.99 this season but jumps to 26.99 a month after mx is over. No thanks.
in the e-mail I got it was 6.99 then it would go up to 12.99 but after I signed up it changed to 26.99!!!

hershey

PR Elite
in the e-mail I got it was 6.99 then it would go up to 12.99 but after I signed up it changed to 26.99!!!
I went to install the app this am. I ended up reading the reviews on the download page first. 99% 1 star ratings. A lot of people complaining about being charged an entire year even though they signed up for monthly. A lot of complaints on streaming service not working too. I decided not to sign up.

Anyone here have experience with Flo ? What do you think?

k01

PR Elite
No experience with Flo but watching a replay of practice right now on YouTube. It finishes when 450 first moto is on NBC.

John250

PR Founding Father
So stupid. I thought it was all on peacock today. Watched moto 1 of the 450s, but that's all you get on Peacock. Crazy how people have to work so hard to watch a damn race.

John250

PR Founding Father
I remember back in the 90's when espn covered Supercross and the nationals the coverage and announcers was way better than what we have today!!
Yep. I remember Dave Despain. The guy knew motorcycles amd motorcycle racing better than anyone that ever covered motorcycle racing. Then there was Jerry Bernardo. Spent a little time driving him around on a gator at the Oregonia Hill Climb one year. Want to talk about a funny guy. But man was he not politically correct.!

It still amazes me that Supercross and Motocross gets worse coverage than poker, bus racing and spelling Bees on ESPN.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yep. I remember Dave Despain. The guy knew motorcycles amd motorcycle racing better than anyone that ever covered motorcycle racing. Then there was Jerry Bernardo. Spent a little time driving him around on a gator at the Oregonia Hill Climb one year. Want to talk about a funny guy. But man was he not politically correct.!

It still amazes me that Supercross and Motocross gets worse coverage than poker, bus racing and spelling Bees on ESPN.
Despain was the man. Him and Bailey were the best. Thinking you guys may be getting me to come around a little on the MX Sports train wreck in the direction they have taken our sport... ???

MX955

PitRacer Pro
1658708746172.jpeg

John250

PR Founding Father
Anyone catch Weeges "post race" interview from Unidilla? He is pretty harsh about MX Sports and all the screw ups this season. Says he is not worried about his job, yada yada. I personally think that he and MX Sports are using his videos to get a message out that they hear the fans, but in a way that it's not coming from MX Sports. Funny listening to him bitch about all the blunders from scoring, to people not being able or competent to do their jobs to the horrible TV package. It's at the end of the video.

HalfPint

PR Addict
I've sent several emails to floracing about the coverage and there just ignoring me !! 3 more races and I'll be canceling my Subscription !!! I'll watch the next day on YouTube !!