Malvern battle race

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, struggling to get the boy back on the bike after an over the bars get off of which is has been on since, but with some trouble and baseball... Would like to think we'll be there though.

Toddco327

PR Addict
Weather is looming perfect!!! Should be a great time! Quad National was this past weekend. So maybe some will stick around and race Saturday.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I was trying to find the information for the weekend but doesn’t look like they have anything up. Hopefully by Wednesday they have some information up

hershey

PR Elite
Kind of like the last couple years, no promotion. No hype. Nada. Nothing.
Yeah, a little quiet this year. 1st, the OMA does very little promotion at all for any of their tracks any more. Why? The battle series should be promoted by by the OMA starting in March. Posting once or twice on FB doesn't cut it. I follow all the tracks and the OMA on FB. I never see posts unless I go to the page and search. Nothing on here where people in the area are looking for info. Scott regularly posts all over FB (Not here so much) about all the race Ohio series stuff.

Of course each track should promote thier individual race, it is their track to promote the best they can. And that is exactly why they join an organization, to promote their track, bring in more riders and track results for year end points.

2nd as for the Malvern battle race this weekend, I'm sure everyone here has heard of the tragic loss of the Bee family. Jeremy Bee lost his son recently after a battle for his life. Jeremy is Malverns track builder, cut Bobby some slack as he has been occupied by the horrific incident and supporting his good friend. Another reason you think the OMA might have put a little extra effort into it.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I’ll admit I have not had a lot of time. Traveling all over for Kinsey’s racing. It’s getting pretty tough to balance it all. I think this might be the swan song for the series. This would be the tenth season, maybe it’s time to retire it. I mean after all you guys aren’t happy with it, right??

hershey

PR Elite
I’ll admit I have not had a lot of time. Traveling all over for Kinsey’s racing. It’s getting pretty tough to balance it all. I think this might be the swan song for the series. This would be the tenth season, maybe it’s time to retire it. I mean after all you guys aren’t happy with it, right??
Lol.....promote the crap out of it like you did when it started. That's the only difference between attendance then and attendance now. Over all, MX is up but if riders don't hear the hype, they aren't going to come.

Who ever said they weren't happy with the Battle series? The PA round was the only thing I heard about the series racing that wasn't positive and that's been fixed. Only other complaints have been organizational, not racing.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Lol.....promote the crap out of it like you did when it started. That's the only difference between attendance then and attendance now. Over all, MX is up but if riders don't hear the hype, they aren't going to come.

Who ever said they weren't happy with the Battle series? The PA round was the only thing I heard about the series racing that wasn't positive and that's been fixed. Only other complaints have been organizational, not racing.

For the last battle series season we will have umbrella girls, 6’ trophies, and free beer with every 3 sign ups!!

John250

PR Founding Father
Umbrella girls. Coors Light. I am gonna be like the old Nascar days. Start and park!

No one is complaining about the series. Total opposite for me. I think the battle races should be the biggest most well attended races in the state. No additional cost like regionals. Hell most regionals don't even draw that many people from the immediate area they are in. So every rider in Ohio should want to attend the battle series. They could be the biggest races of the year in my opinion.

hershey

PR Elite
Umbrella girls. Coors Light. I am gonna be like the old Nascar days. Start and park!

No one is complaining about the series. Total opposite for me. I think the battle races should be the biggest most well attended races in the state. No additional cost like regionals. Hell most regionals don't even draw that many people from the immediate area they are in. So every rider in Ohio should want to attend the battle series. They could be the biggest races of the year in my opinion.
Agreed, and it started out that way. So what has changed? Marketing hasn't kept up. Props for trying different things for sure. But the last few years the marketing for the OMA has tanked. We know about it because we race it, but it's not advertised for people to see. Out of sight, out of mind. It's not a lack of riders, that's obvious by bike sales and all the other races turnouts we've been to this year.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Agreed, and it started out that way. So what has changed? Marketing hasn't kept up. Props for trying different things for sure. But the last few years the marketing for the OMA has tanked. We know about it because we race it, but it's not advertised for people to see. Out of sight, out of mind. It's not a lack of riders, that's obvious by bike sales and all the other races turnouts we've been to this year.
I'm way busier, I'd say that's the most significant change.

Darrell Green

PR Member
#157 will be there in the 85 jr and open class and I believe Nathan Skaggs is tagging along with us to race his first race in several years. We won’t be able to make it Saturday for practice only Sunday.

Vet261

PR Addict
Maybe the Battle series is using oldschool, homegrown promoting? Malvern does have a population of only about 1,700. :p

I remember decades ago I worked with D12 to get all their races into Cyclenews. Kindof funny looking back at those times -- getting your schedule into Cyclenews was a big deal.