Malvern battle race

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Super fun time this weekend at the battle race. Crowd was huge but the track was good all weekend long. The program ran quick and smooth I was moto 8 and 11 and I stayed till about moto 15 and left at 3 so they only had about 4 motos left so easily got done probably before 4. I know some of you think the track layout maybe fast but man it’s so much fun. I think this is my all time favorite layout at malvern it’s just super fun hitting all the big leaps. Speaking of leaps I finally grew some balls and hit the finish line and man it was big. Super fun jump though once you finally jump it. I got 3/4 holeshots this weekend and went 3-5 in open b after almost getting taken out twice and making a huge mistake and is what it is. But was able to go 1-1 in Collegeboy which I was pumped about. Super good weekend can’t wait for BC.
5824EE45-EED2-4A98-9A5C-DE56E2888100.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5908.MOV
    41.4 MB

jj584

PR Addict
Rider turn out looked a little soft. I wanted to go but the rider didn’t. He had already committed to a trail ride.

DC817

PR Addict
Malvern crew ran a great program this weekend. Track was good and everything was moving quick. Pretty weak turnout for a battle race but we had a blast.

Woody

PR Addict
Had a good time at the 'Vern. Practice was on point and the ATV racing was great. I believe right at 100 quads for the race which seems to be up a bit from years past. Prep for the racing was very Chillitown like (damn you Pape and your water truck!). Thanks Malvern crew for a great Saturday....oh and Todd was awesome on the mic with all the down time interviews, well done sir.

John250

PR Founding Father
Disappointing seeing all the post on FB. Seems like tons of people were every where but Malvern. Dutch sports, Greats, etc.

Matthew said there were only about 4 or 5 people there that race the Buckeye Series on a regular basis.

If the promoters, Scott and JO worked out the points deal and like I said made the battle races double points paying races for both overall series, I guarantee you you get a hundred plus more riders from the buckeye series that would not be willing to lose those points.

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but that is how you get these guys to travel. You count the races and points to both organizations overall point totals.

This series could and should be the best races in the state of Ohio.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Had a good time at the 'Vern. Practice was on point and the ATV racing was great. I believe right at 100 quads for the race which seems to be up a bit from years past. Prep for the racing was very Chillitown like (damn you Pape and your water truck!). Thanks Malvern crew for a great Saturday....oh and Todd was awesome on the mic with all the down time interviews, well done sir.
I must say I went and got dinner and once I got back to the track it was the start of moto 2s for the 4 wheelers and man it looked like a mud moto. But they had to keep the dust down so I get it. Also those ford brothers are fast on 4 wheelers. Walked the track after the atv motos and you could see some of them bottoming out their frames on the uphill triple. I did think it was funny I watched the first moto of the Atv A and B and the moto before them was atv C and the kid out front in c is jumping the uphill triple. But watching atv b JO daughter was ripping and won but not a single one of them were jumping the uphill. Dude sure is a C rider though. Feel like he needs bumped up for sure

Woody

PR Addict
I must say I went and got dinner and once I got back to the track it was the start of moto 2s for the 4 wheelers and man it looked like a mud moto. But they had to keep the dust down so I get it. Also those ford brothers are fast on 4 wheelers. Walked the track after the atv motos and you could see some of them bottoming out their frames on the uphill triple. I did think it was funny I watched the first moto of the Atv A and B and the moto before them was atv C and the kid out front in c is jumping the uphill triple. But watching atv b JO daughter was ripping and won but not a single one of them were jumping the uphill. Dude sure is a C rider though. Feel like he needs bumped up for sure
I get the watering to keep the dust down but it was a tad excessive. No big deal, they did what they had to do. All good.

Bryce Ford is a lot of fun to watch, he has a natural flow with the quad that just looks so fun and fast.

That kid in C class is a top national racer in the youth all star class and definitely doesn't belong in C class.

The g-out on the takeoff of the uphill was crazy, I have jumped all versions of the triple in years past but not with that takeoff, I was framing out just doubling!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I heard 4 kids blew up in moto 1……so……BUT nobody got hurt

BA1F5141-8063-488A-B768-D22E477422CA.jpeg

This is moto 3, and she won. Lol. now she did get into A class traffic, so that’s probably most of it.

Maybe he was all hopped up on mountain dew! Just mist it there Mr Pape. Just a spritzer.

Meister

PR Founding Father
How many laps were Sundays Motos?

I'm starting to feel alot like Mr.16. Roughly 24 minutes (maybe less? Guessing 2 min laps) of track time in a full day doesn't excite me too much anymore.. I did that in 1 session at grears and I rode 5 sessions.. and this is still the out of shape version of me talking lol..

pape718

PR Member
I'll take my beating for that one I was fighting the wind all day trying to keep the dust down I over did it at intermission sorry

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
How many laps were Sundays Motos?

I'm starting to feel alot like Mr.16. Roughly 24 minutes (maybe less? Guessing 2 min laps) of track time in a full day doesn't excite me too much anymore.. I did that in 1 session at grears and I rode 5 sessions.. and this is still the out of shape version of me talking lol..
Sunday motos we’re 4 laps for all the classes and 6 for any a class which were all gated with b which was great so I got to run 6 in open b

Toddco327

PR Addict
Thank you for the kind words Woody!!! I really enjoyed talking to the ATV Pros. Such nice guys. The Ford brothers are super fast. They have a guy living with them and traveling the country racing the nationals, Opperman and he’s from South Africa. He’s happy just to be here living his dream very cool story.

Kinsey FLYS on her ATV. An absolute rocket ship on a quad. She is next level.

I learned a few things about Pape and his water truck.
1. he loves his water truck
2. He loves watering
3. It takes a gentle hand to run the joystick for the water cannon.

Sunday racing was great. A lot of good battles in all the classes.
Caupp was flying in B. Great battle in that class all day long. Presdee is fast, Real fast in super mini. Reece Wheaton is one to watch come Loretta’s. But it looked like he got hurt in one of the late motos.

Overall a fun weekend. The wind was the only thing we had to contend with.

jj584

PR Addict
Disappointing seeing all the post on FB. Seems like tons of people were every where but Malvern. Dutch sports, Greats, etc.

Matthew said there were only about 4 or 5 people there that race the Buckeye Series on a regular basis.

If the promoters, Scott and JO worked out the points deal and like I said made the battle races double points paying races for both overall series, I guarantee you you get a hundred plus more riders from the buckeye series that would not be willing to lose those points.

I know it's like beating a dead horse, but that is how you get these guys to travel. You count the races and points to both organizations overall point totals.

This series could and should be the best races in the state of Ohio.
Biden prices are going to affect turnout.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Biden prices are going to affect turnout.
Don’t get me wrong yeah they probably are but what’s so annoying and drives me crazy is people ride all the buckeye series and will drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours to ride a place like grears or cocr but won’t drive the same amount to malvern that’s way better of a track just makes zero sense to me

jj584

PR Addict
Don’t get me wrong yeah they probably are but what’s so annoying and drives me crazy is people ride all the buckeye series and will drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours to ride a place like grears or cocr but won’t drive the same amount to malvern that’s way better of a track just makes zero sense to me
I’m going to get flamed for this but…. Other series offer more and better prizes for series overalls. Guess what some don’t have quads which may or may not equal better conditions but definitely shortens the day. I’m talking in and amongst my group of friends ,the late nights at Malvern are why they aren’t attending amongst other things. That doesn’t affect battle format but who really wants to take a gate drop at 1 A.M.

John250

PR Founding Father
I’m going to get flamed for this but…. Other series offer more and better prizes for series overalls. Guess what some don’t have quads which may or may not equal better conditions but definitely shortens the day. I’m talking in and amongst my group of friends ,the late nights at Malvern are why they aren’t attending amongst other things. That doesn’t affect battle format but who really wants to take a gate drop at 1 A.M.
We used to finish up at dirt country after mid night and race another track on Sunday back in the late 80s and early 90s.

As for year end awards. Attended the OMA banquet last year for the first time. Not sure what your talking about. The whole banquet and awards for all the different series were 1st class.